TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dromed FAQ

Yes. It would be the object hierarchy item id numbers. But will take your suggestion and manually take note of them.

Thanks
    Jysala
    "Don't worry about the people in your past. There's a reason they never made it to the future"

*eyes the green writing suspiciously*

Is that any particular reason why you need them? If you know the name of the archetype, you can use that instead in most cases.
    If you absolutely must see a list, the easiest thing is to just open a second copy of DromEd and open the hierarchy in that.

I was not aware you could have more than one instance of DromEd running at the same time.

Thanks
    Jysala
    Last edited by Jysala; 14th Apr 2010 at 09:46.
    "Don't worry about the people in your past. There's a reason they never made it to the future"

If ZylonBane sees that enlarged green writing he will shout at you.

Retarded question: can't see any sort of textures anywhere. Typing in the add_family core or anything doesn't help. Dromed kindly informs me that it was added, but the texture, er, window? anyway, doesn't show anything but Jorge.

I'm doing something wrong, yes?

You're using the tutorial for the T1 version of Dromed.

To find out the Thief 2 family names, open Thief2\RES\fam.crf (with WinZip or something similar). You should see a list of folders, and each of those is a family name.

Ah, thank you. Is there a tutorial for T2 somewhere?

There's one in the Dromed Toolkit:
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114292

It's an updated version of the original tutorial.

Hey guys,

Among official tutorials created by LGS people, there is Sean Barrett's tutorial on efficient level optimization. I'm not sure where I got it from (it's been years ago), but it's called OPTIMIZE.doc and comes with a number of COW files that are supposed to be examined in DromEd along with reading the tut.

Unfortunately, I've a problem here. When I try to load up some of these COW files in DromEd, the program crashes with an error message. t1.cow, t2.cow, t3.cow, t4.cow, for instance, all crash when attempted to load. However, t5.cow, t6.cow and some other files DO load, but they seem to miss all gamesys and textures data (it's supposed to be there according to Sean's text).

I wonder if it's a kind of an error on DromEd's side or my side, or this is the way these COW files should behave? I suspect them to be too old and incompatible with DromEd 1.32 (the one I'm testing them on), but I might be wrong.

Has anybody successfully managed to properly load all these COW files?

This isn't the right thread for asking such questions, you should start a new thread.
    Why are you using DromEd v1.32 instead of DromEd 2 v1.18?
    You've probably downloaded the updated versions of those .cow files for Thief 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    This isn't the right thread for asking such questions, you should start a new thread.
    Why are you using DromEd v1.32 instead of DromEd 2 v1.18?
    You've probably downloaded the updated versions of those .cow files for Thief 2.
    I didn't think this issue really deserved a new thread.

I'm using DromEd 1.32 for two reasons: first, I decided to make a mission for TTDP, and second (which is more relevant to the topic), the cow files were produced in 1998 (or maybe even in 1997, as the tut was written in 1997), and DromEd 1.32 is the earliest available version of the editor, so there are more chances that it would be compatible with these old files. Though it turns out to be incompatible, it seems. However, I have tried loading these cow files with DromEd 1.18, but the results are the same.

I've never heard about updated files for this tutorial for Thief 2. If you can guide me to them, I would be really thankful.

I'd advise using Thief 2 even if you want to make a Thief 1-styled mission, because the editor is better and the engine has more features.

You can find a more up-to-date version of the optimisation tutorial samples here: http://www.thiefmissions.com/telliamed/#Tutorials

Thanks for the advice, but I really like Thief 1 engine and old versions of DromEd, because I have fun experimenting with different versions of it and finding out the differences. It's a kind of a hobby in a hobby Moreover, there's a lack of new missions for TTDP as well as TG, which is not good.

Thanks so much for the link! I never knew there were updated cow files, I'll give them a try when I get home tonight.

Hey, the updated mis files work flawlessly in 1.32, thanks again for the handy link!

Just wanted to add two links:

DromEd Central Tutorials

Keys and related properties

They have helped me a lot.

Some ?

Have some questions.

1. How do normal climb to slanted ladders?
    Player climb only after jump.

2. How apply OBB-models to crates?
    Player come through him. Need "solid" crates.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    This is the FAQ thread. You need to post your questions in a separate thread.

Did you even read the post above yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    This is the FAQ thread. You need to post your questions in a separate thread.

The FAQ on the Dromesday book has been up for some time now. Perhaps the link could be put in the first post.

Somebody should update the first post; there are many dead links (i. e. to GeoCities).

That would be awesome wouldn't it? Seems like moderators either A don't care about updating threads anymore, or B don't get on TTLG much to know about it... I've been wanting to get an important thread stickied over in the Legacy gaming forum but it never happened.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    That would be awesome wouldn't it? Seems like moderators either A don't care about updating threads anymore, or B don't get on TTLG much to know about it... I've been wanting to get an important thread stickied over in the Legacy gaming forum but it never happened.
    I agree, I think sNeaksie's Thread should be stickied ! It is a Great Heap of Valuable Information, and the Taffers are using it. I have never seen anything so organized and complete as this thread.

Great work sNeaksie ! My hat is off to you !

Thank you for your kind words.

Though I cannot take all credit for it of course. Many taffers contributed and I just compiled it nicely into an updated* faq.

*newer than the Azal thread, but it's surely outdated even now.

I need to know were there are active dromed forums. forums.ediosgames.com seams to have a small active dromeder community. we nead to mass some were, to talk about the future of dromeding.
    thank you

These are the active DromEd forums. The vast majority of people are here.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast