TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Dromed FAQ

I have a dumb newb question.
    I've spawned in some 4x8 windows and resized them to be much larger. That all works fine, but when the windows are smashed they spawn a regular sized broken window object. How can I have those spawn at the size I want?

Look at the original archetype. It has a corpse link to BrokenWin. When you smash the window, it 'dies' and is replaced by the BrokenWin. That's why it appears to resize itself. Now look at the two child archetypes - BreakWinS and the other one. They each have corpse links to different archetypes.

Make a note of the scale property on your window, and go into the hierarchy and make a new one inheriting from BrokenWin. Add the scale property to the new archetype, and then give your resized window a corpse link to it. This requires a custom gamesys, see the new FAQ for details

Ah, thanks.

Cheers R Soul.

I was gonna reply and say that you'd have to make the model yourself, but I didn't know that dromed replaced the glass window with a broken version. I see now, so all you'd have to do is change the corpse linked object to match the resized windows.

Does someone know if it's possible to extract schemas from a .gam (inverse of 'reload_schemas' actually)? I mean, from a fan-made .gam, not the original schemas.

You should look on Telliamed's Homepage. There are some sorts of python scripts which do this job.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    If the mission author is still active, you might just ask for the schema files if he/she still has them.

There are some sorts of python scripts which do this job.
    Well, I don't know how to use scripts, and unfortunately, it seems that these scripts can't do what I'd like to (unless I missed something). But thanks anyway for the link!

If the mission author is still active, you might just ask for the schema files if he/she still has them.
    Alas, he was Alexius And he just answered me he had not the schemas any more (nor blank maps, voiceless movie...). Ah, if only the Hammerite team revived...

I was actually the lead of the team that delivered the mission after the HI Team abandoned it, but I don't think I ever had or created any schema files. I'll check when I get home, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frère Staven View Post
    Well, I don't know how to use scripts, and unfortunately, it seems that these scripts can't do what I'd like to
    Not that kind of script.

And it needed some maintenance anyway. Stupid python said in the manual that 'long' conversions were 32 bits but it's really 64 bits.

So, was it Seven Shades of Mercury you were interested in? http://codepad.org/99O8ZaUR

I also have a few schemas for 7 Shades, just the ones we rewrote though, not all of them. You can get all of them from Telliamed's link. Handy Python script, that.

Thank you very much, taffers! That will be useful!

Not sure if this FAQ thread is still viable, but does anyone know what the monolog message "Not looking for big file" at the beginning of starting Dromed means?

And whether or not I should need to rectify whatever it's talking about?

1. this thread is not intended to be posted to. It is for frequently asked questions. If enough other people keep asking the same question, it may get added to this thread. Right now you are the first to ask this question. You should have posted your individual question as a new thread in TEG.

2. That means that skip_starting_checks isn't defined, which makes your install questionable since the default cam_ext defines it. It sounds like you need to look at and fix your installation config files. Other things are likely to be wrong as well.

Ah, sorry about that. Anyways, I had been having issues getting it setup earlier. I'm using the steam version of Thief 2, BTW. But I'll figure it out on my own time. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, Larry.

Now the tutorials are updated (). But what about the DromEd-FAQ? All those links to GeoCities (and many others) are dead for many years

You volunteering?

Why not? But I can't edit the first post.

I wasn't being serious but you're right, it does need doing. I will consult the boss. I know he's got an order in which he wants to do these.

Master Builder 2018
    Yeah, the DromEd FAQ was next on the list. If you want to help, fibanocci, we'll be glad for the assistance, but there is a good deal that needs to be done first. Once we get a handle on everything that needs to be done and how we're going to do it, I'll send you a PM and let you know how you can help if you are still interested.

Nickie, I'd already started a thread for it in the testing forum. I'd intended to do that first but decided to start with the tutorials.

I know this thread is old, but I noticed it wasn't stickied anymore.

Dóttirin klæðist oft móður möttli
    It's pinned by the "DromEd Resources and Tutorials" thread.

ok sounds good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345