TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 136368737883889398103108109110111112113
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 2825

Thread: The Dark Mod

Quote Originally Posted by muncadunc View Post
    I actually like that old loader screen better.
    Each to their own.

I don't mind the current loading screen and the music that comes on. It helps to create that sense of mystery for me. The drawings look pretty nice!
    Is there anyway to get the older loading screen to work though?

Quote Originally Posted by Turtledove View Post
    Each to their own.

I don't mind the current loading screen and the music that comes on. It helps to create that sense of mystery for me. The drawings look pretty nice!
    Is there anyway to get the older loading screen to work though?
    Sure there is.

Quote Originally Posted by AluminumHaste View Post
    Sure there is.

Thought there might be! It might just involve a bit of work.

I really hope that some talented taffers end up putting a fan mission campaign together for The Dark Mod. It could work out really well.

Thought there might be! It might just involve a bit of work.

I really hope that some talented taffers end up putting a fan mission campaign together for The Dark Mod. It could work out really well.
    Lol you really need to spend a bit more time at the darkmod forums

Lol you really need to spend a bit more time at the darkmod forums
    How so? If you are referring the the second comment I made about a full fan mission campaign. I picked up on a comment a member made on the eidos forum about it:

From here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...t=97557&page=4

If I could help uplift Dark Mod I certainly would. I would love to see full campaigns for it, naturally. The dream I won't hold out for would be achieving the license to use the IPs of the Thief property.
    There are individual missions in the Dark Mod available but as far as I know there are no mission campaign series a la T2X.

But yeah, I don't go on The Dark Mod forums. I heard about The Dark Mod on the Eidos forums.
    Last edited by Turtledove; 9th Jun 2013 at 08:54.

Southquarter.com/fms
    There are individual missions in the Dark Mod available but as far as I know there are no mission campaign series a la T2X.
    Not yet...

http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...-the-dark-mod/

How so? If you are referring the the second comment I made about a full fan mission campaign. I picked up on a comment a member made on the eidos forum about it:

From here: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...t=97557&page=4

But yeah, I don't go on The Dark Mod forums. I heard about The Dark Mod on the Eidos forums.
    http://forums.thedarkmod.com/topic/1...rum-news-feed/

In addition to the omens campaign, there is also a three mission campaign and a series of five missions that have a continuing storyline, already done.

Campaigns for The Dark Mod:

1) No Honor Among Thieves: 3 (LARGE) missions
    2) John Porter Series: 6 missions and a prequel
    3) Thief's Den: 4 missions released
    4) William Steele: 1 mission released (7 more WIP)
    5) Selis Woderose: 2 missios released
    6) St Alban's: 2 missions released
    7) Vengeance for a Thief: 1 mission released (another well under way)

"Builder's Influence" and "A Score to Settle" are both in the "Corbin" story line.

Fiasco at Fauchard street is Talbot mission 3 (spans Thief to TDM) and I think Return to the City is also Talbot?

Most authors have set their sites on making new missions with links to their other missions' stories.

And, of course: Crucible of Omens

Nice! I haven't played DarkMod missions lately but this one looks promising, when it eventually gets finished.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by nbohr1more View Post
    Campaigns for The Dark Mod:

1) No Honor Among Thieves: 3 (LARGE) missions
    2) John Porter Series: 6 missions and a prequel
    3) Thief's Den: 4 missions released
    4) William Steele: 1 mission released (7 more WIP)
    5) Selis Woderose: 2 missios released
    6) St Alban's: 2 missions released
    7) Vengeance for a Thief: 1 mission released (another well under way)

"Builder's Influence" and "A Score to Settle" are both in the "Corbin" story line.

Fiasco at Fauchard street is Talbot mission 3 (spans Thief to TDM) and I think Return to the City is also Talbot?

Most authors have set their sites on making new missions with links to their other missions' stories.

And, of course: Crucible of Omens
    Hey thanks for the lists of FMs. I'm fairly new to The Dark Mod, I've played a few missions but have left it there due to the need to study for university/college exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    A have to say, Clearing is something else...He is truly representative of what makes this community great!...

Perhaps an appropriate title such as "Clearinghouse" could be added to his namesake...
    What a good idea!

TDM missions are now listed in the Fan Mission Listing by Type thread. Some missions, though, have been squashed in to the closest 'type' and might not be as accurate as TDM would like. Hopefully when we get around to adding more categories, they can be moved into more suitable ones.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate title such as "Clearinghouse" could be added to his namesake...
    "Namesake" does not mean what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    "Namesake" does not mean what you think it means.
    LOL

If you know someone who is curious about The Dark Mod, here's a video that sums it up pretty well. Feel free to share!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtUQ32eeRM

Zombified
    still kind of surprised that nobody attempted to recreate T1/T2/T3 using DarkMod.

Southquarter.com/fms
    They kind of frown on that type of stuff over there.

Zombified
    too bad, I really like remakes, especially when they are done right.

Remaking anyone elses IP in what is already a pretty similar endeavour would likely get them slapped with a C&D. Which no-one wants.

There are three reasons why it probably hasn't been done:

1. Copyright. TDM won't touch anything that infringes on the original IP, so you'd have to host and promote it yourself.

2. Missing assets. TDM doesn't have crystal arrows, mechanists, burricks, etc, which might make direct recreations difficult.

3. After all the work making it, all you'd have is a recreation of something everyone has already played.

Now, having said that, missions heavily inspired by OMs are fair game, and there are already a few of those. And there's at least one recreation (I believe) of a T2 FM--Alberic's Curse.

Southquarter.com/fms
    What if someone were to recreate the architecture fairly accurately from a level in any of the official Thief games, but then changed the story/characters/items etc. to fit into the world of TDM? Would you guys be opposed to something like that? Would that even be a copyright infringement?

(I'm getting de ja vu, I might have asked this before).

Zombified
    as far as I know, as long as the remake would require resource files from the original game (sound files, for example), and not work without them, it should be safe from C&D letters - see all the source ports of old games.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    as far as I know, as long as the remake would require resource files from the original game (sound files, for example), and not work without them, it should be safe from C&D letters - see all the source ports of old games.
    Depends on the company. Some may overlook that while others wouldn't. Square Enix is likely not one to overlook something like that. Yes, you would have to own the original game but you would still be using / altering the original files to work in another engine...and the original Thief files will not work 'out of the box' in the TDM engine.

Zombified
    ok, I see.

What if someone were to recreate the architecture fairly accurately from a level in any of the official Thief games, but then changed the story/characters/items etc. to fit into the world of TDM?
    You can't copyright basic floorplans. Unless it was something really specific, like The Sword, I highly doubt a recreation of original level geometry would be recognizable in a different engine, anyway, so that's likely to be fine.

Just some quick before and after shots with Soft shadows.
    It's subtle, the way it should be.

No SS:

With SS:

Another one.

No SS:

With SS:

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 136368737883889398103108109110111112113