TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bafford's Last Stand updated 1st Sep 2005

d. Dec 2017
    What a fun FM! ROFL
    spoiler:
    when I found the dead guard on the toilet seat

Guess I'm too humane; I just give the guards a good one over the head with my trusty blackjack and forget dumping bodies and polluting that thar water.

How did you taffers enter the castle? I
    spoiler:
    swam to the opening, up to a tower ladder, and went around the perimenter of the fortress wall bopping heads until I came to a tower leading into the outer courtyard; then I humilitated the guards by the 3 gates to get them to come out after me, whereupon, voila, I ran through the gates and eluded the guards.

Getting around really well except I'm still trying to
    spoiler:
    GET INTO THE ROYAL CHAMBERS.
    Still searching.

War hammer?

How do I get that thing?
    According to the book in one of the other rooms, there should be a switch behind a "dresser". Is'nt that the one on top of a closet in Bafford's Bedroom?
    If not, where is it? I do not know what a "dresser" means.

On the "How to get into the castle" subject:
    spoiler:
    I got in through one of the small windows, by putting some crates from the store under it, and climbed up.

A great mission by the way! Thanks!
    Last edited by karstenpontoppi; 10th Sep 2004 at 04:41.

cannot find switch under bafford bed

Read in the posts in his bedroom that there is a switch under his bed See what looks like a hole with a lever/switch. Cannot get to it, get behind the bed but cannot move around just right to hit it. Any suggestions?
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

for the switch under the bed: as far as I remember you have to
    spoiler:
    frob the glasses on top of the wardrobe to move the bed, then you can reach the switch

the dresser:
    spoiler:
    that's the piece of furniture on the right side of the bed (looking from the door) I think you can't see the switch, just frob around

more detailed :
    spoiler:
    you can frob it from the (lower) left side. Maybe you have to jump a bit

getting into the castle:
    spoiler:
    I used a rope arrow to climb through the toilet hole, it's a little bit tricky to place

Quote Originally Posted by karstenpontoppi
    How do I get that thing?
    According to the book in one of the other rooms, there should be a switch behind a "dresser". Is'nt that the one on top of a closet in Bafford's Bedroom?
    If not, where is it? I do not know what a "dresser" means.

On the "How to get into the castle" subject:
    spoiler:
    I got in through one of the small windows, by putting some crates from the store under it, and climbed up.

A great mission by the way! Thanks!
    How did you find crates outside the castle? There aren't any crates except in the store room. If you made it into the store room, then you are already in the castle.

d. Dec 2017
    Where were the crates? Where was a window to fit through on the outer castle walls? I looked all over the place before I resorted to storming the main gates.

A very fine mission that I intend to replay on another difficulty level.

Besides the gates, there are two ways to get it.

spoiler:
    Go to the tower where the bathroom extends out over the water, and shoot a rope arrow into the wood hole on the underside.

spoiler:
    In one of the pillars holding up the music room there is a passage that leads to the courtyard.

The windows are too narrow to fit through.

wow john, 5 pages and counting, id say this one is a definite hit!

I guess taffers' enjoy giving Guards a good dunking!

Sluggs

It's a wonder why the guards weren't in the moat already. It's filled with mead.

ShadowWolf421

Yahoo!! Actually this is more than I hoped for. I'm happy about it. I just want everyone to have fun.

@Lightningline- Just read the post where you said you e-mailled me the link to Sluggs...My e-mail is not current here at the forums so it got sent to a dead address (or to my sister). Thanks anyway though!

OK, I'm stuck now. I'm in the chapel and don't know what to do now. I've been upstairs and saw the people behind locked gates.
    spoiler:
    I flipped all 4 switches by rope arrowing down to them from the roof, too.
    I have the Hand and the Burrick recipe Book. I think I need a key or two. I didn't read the past posts because I don't want to read anything I don't want to see right now.
    Last edited by Ponterbee; 11th Sep 2004 at 01:24.

have you been into the royal corridors, yet Ponterbee?

I'm not sure...I've been just about everywhere. I circled the entire ground and 2nd floors collecting loot/goods and busting skulls along the way. I was in the storage room (and beyond ). Give me the whereabouts and I'll check it out tonight, ShadowWolf...Thanks!

Ponterbee

I'm not trying to be a meanie, but can you please use spoilers when revealing specifics about the game? There are certain elements I would like the players to find out in the game before they read it here. i.e. The comment about
    spoiler:
    roping down to the four switches.

The royal corridor is the area with the fancy Victorian textures. To get in, either find the
    spoiler:
    missing key in one of the guard rooms, or find the secret entrance near the Thieves' lounge.

Help w/ Bafford's Room?

spoiler:
    I'm trying to frob that damned switch under the bed. I've frobbed the "unseeable" switch behind the desk on the right of the room. Any clues as to what that switch is supposed to do to help me? I feel as annoyed as the guards when I run up a ladder!

-Theef

Theef:

spoiler:
    youll be able to see better with the spectacles on top of the armoire

Ah...but...but...NOOOOOOoooo!

spoiler:
    Ah, got the switch. Thanks.

but now

spoiler:
    I still can't get into the oubliette. I'm assuming you get in by the portcullis on the uppermost parapet? I've also frobbed the rib cage at the bottom of the oubliette. Nothing. Going crosseyed.

-Theef

Sorry John...didn't even occur to me. I'm ususally careful about that. I'll go back and edit it now if Nightwalker didn't get to it yet!

I'll go back to the Thieves Lounge tonight...
    spoiler:
    If it has to do with the hole in the floor, can you give me some extra help? I'll check it out more carefully tonight, but just in case I go nuts, I might need some help. Thanks!!!

you mean acessing the oubliette from the second story?

have you found the
    spoiler:
    OTHER switch in bafford's room? (dresser by bed)

if so, go to
    spoiler:
    the bar on the second floor

and then

spoiler:
    read the scroll and lean left and look for the switch to swing the bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Theef
    spoiler:
    Ah, got the switch. Thanks.

but now

spoiler:
    I still can't get into the oubliette. I'm assuming you get in by the portcullis on the uppermost parapet? I've also frobbed the rib cage at the bottom of the oubliette. Nothing. Going crosseyed.

-Theef

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf421
    wow john, 5 pages and counting, id say this one is a definite hit!

Haven't played such a fun map since Karras' Diary! Can't wait to rave about it fully once I've finished and start crawling everywhere treasure-hunting.

I just couldn't stop until that last incomplete objective was in my inventory!!!
    spoiler:
    The crystal chunk I was searching for was at the bottom of the oubliette-bridge area.
    I gas arrowed the witch and threw her down the pit, then the objective checked off after she hit the bottom and thought i was done?
    OH No!
    I had to go down the longest spine chilling ladder descent to retrieve that crystal. AND Her body was gone! But the loot crystal was there!

sample of my mission stats page here:
    spoiler:

P.S. Didn't find all the loot obviously.

dealasteal
    Last edited by dealasteal; 11th Sep 2004 at 06:20. Reason: spoiler tags

spoiler:
    Great mission john9818a but I don't know how to open the war hammer cabinate. The button in the bedroom I believe opened the gate by the bar. Can anybody help?

The War Hammer can be accessed by
    spoiler:
    frobbing the switch behind the dresser in Bafford's bedroom. Walk into the room and down the ramp. Go to the right hand side of the bed and look behind the dresser.
    You may have to frob blind because , with all of the random reboots I was experiencing, I did move the switch up higher, but lost that change at one point.

With the
    spoiler:
    secret button under Bafford's bed. It is easier to frob it by gatting in the hole and then crouch.

FINAL CHECK BEFORE LEAVING

Off the royal suites, there's a marble hall with a locked glass panel door about middle ways. Can this door be opened? If so, where is the key?

Thanxs

Hope Vincent

Yup, I'm stuck. I found the bathroom, LOL, and
    spoiler:
    I see the roof is a bit higher in one of the stalls but don't know if this means anything...
    and in the Thieves Lounge I simply can't figure out what to do. Does the Dragon banner have any significance? I tried cutting it, shooting it, etc. and I frobbed every part of it. I'm just not sure where to go from here.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast