TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Bafford's Last Stand updated 1st Sep 2005

thanks John, I'm going to check that out later

After reviewing the txt file I noticed that I forgot to include Yandros. He sent me some of the collection of textures used in the castle. Sorry Yandros.

I should also mention that the frobbable candles idea came from Raetsel's Masque of the Red Death, except I made mine so that they won't come back on.

Last edited by john9818a; 16th Sep 2004 at 21:28.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    Chuckg

First, can you please use spoiler tags when you reveal specifics about the FM?

If you are playing on Normal, there are two ways into the Royal corridor. One way is the same for all three playing difficulties.
    spoiler:
    which is a key in one of the guard rooms. Look in the guard room nearest the guards' dining room for a secret switch. The other is to pick the lock on the portculis upstairs nearest the kitchen.

The little tunnel is
    spoiler:
    actually a way into the castle.

I cannot find the either the right kitchen...or i am blind
    spoiler:
    i found the key to the storage room in a kitchen...is it the same? i am playing on expert...and really want to get into those royal chambers!

oooops...finally found it...now that was really hidden!!
    Last edited by nil8hate; 17th Sep 2004 at 01:33.

I'm really enjoying this but I have a problem.
    spoiler:
    I have thrown the priestess into the oubliette and also tried to drown her but the moment she dies the game crashes. Is there a way to kill her without this happening?

Never mind
    spoiler:
    I threw her off a few more times and the objective ticked off but then the game crashed when I started to move. Perserverance pays off and now I'm on the move again.
    Last edited by nickie; 19th Sep 2004 at 07:55. Reason: Problem solved

Nickie

I'm not sure why the game would crash, but I'm glad you got past that point.

heloo i dont know why but after killing the priest /the bridge/ my game crashes and exits can any one spotted something smiliar ???
    my os win xp home edition
    direct x 9c
    i also edited user.cfg for

;Some video cards may not work properly with Thief 2
    ;including the intel 810 and the nVidia RIVA 128.
    ;To fix, remove the semicolon from the next line.
    safe_texture_manager
    so i remove it
    plz help ??

Trudnicki

Does it crash every time? It is funny how you and Nicki have the same problem at the same time. I don't know why it is crashing, and it never crashed on me before.

I'm going to look at it again to see if it crashes on me.

Edit: I went back in and it didn't crash. I'm not sure what is wrong.
    Last edited by john9818a; 19th Sep 2004 at 22:29.

I FINALLY had enough time to play the final version of this mission and it's awesome! I had a terrific time exploring it and I was thankful for Nens loot list as I had missed some things. Thanks, John!

Told ya it was great NW! The architecture of the estate will forever be in my subconscious- Great job again, John- and congrats on SEVEN whole pages of posts so far!

Re: the priestess/witch:
    spoiler:
    This scared the hell out of me, but made the fight that much more easy...I thought she was the girl I had to rescue so ran right up to her...I was so close she couldn't hurt me so I just took out my sword and destroyed her.

Questions from a loser taffer

Biggie here:
    spoiler:
    How the heck do I get in the main castle?

Geesh I've ko'd everyone and swam a couple laps around the moat too. Bodies everywhere I might add

another one:
    What's an oubliette?

The way I got in...
    spoiler:
    I crossed the moat onto the grounds and on one of the sides of the manor are a couple pillars...behind one of them is a hidden way in. Crouch and crawl inside.

The oubliette is like a well...It's an open room with a LOOONG way down!
    You'll know it when you see it!

Nightwalker

I should be thanking you for giving me great tips during alpha testing.

Bobber

There is another way in:
    spoiler:
    Look for an area inside the outer wall where there is a toilet floating in the water. At that point look up.

To john9818a,

I just want to publicly thank you for this outstanding mission! I love the fact that it's based on a real castle. I went to visit the real castle's web-site (http://www.castlewales.com/beaumar.html), saw the pictures, read about the history, and afterwards it was an eerie and awe-inspiring feeling to actually be able to experience it in 3D!

Your choise to base your mission on a real place in my opinion gave it a specific sense of added realism and a fantastic feeling.

I loved the mission! Excellent work, my friend!

This mission is just

TERRIFIC !!!

What?
    It's based on a real castle? Wow!!!
    This makes this mission even much

MORE TERRIFIC !!!

Thanks a bomb for this great mission, john9818a!!!

Thank you Mol and DinkSmallWood. I'm glad you liked my FM.

I was watching a Charlotte Church DVD and in one part she is talking about a castle in Cardiff. I then decided to make a FM of a castle, and of one that was less battle damaged. There are no castles here in the US, except for Disneyland, so I had to research on how to make a castle. Most of the details are in the textures, and that credit goes to David Gurrea. Many thanks go to the alpha and beta testers for giving me pointers and for encouraging me to make the most of this FM.

Hehe,
    Ive actually been to that castle since Im lucky enough to have a caravan in Wales (you can go to any part of Wales in less than a day). The dromED ones pretty good, youve got the shape and layout of it very well. Only major difference is that there are HUNDREDS of ducks on the moat and the real castle is actually really small for a castly which I guess is why a lot of its survived. The Island its on is really pretty and you get lovely views of the Welsh coast, if anyone gets the chance to visit it Id advise it.
    Anyway just wanted to say you did the castle justice and so far I really love this mission. Ive been away for ages since I went to college but its FMs like this that make me realise how much Ive missed thief.
    Great Job!

Oh and btw, Im making a lot of custom textures from the photos of castles Ive visited (only in the Uk im afraid) so hopefully Ill be releasing them soon.

majikku

Thank you for your comments. I hope that I can visit Wales some day.

btw there is a ledger in Bafford's office with a list of names. Except for the first two names, the guard names are Welsh names. Also there is a dew-drop which has the name Gwlithyn. I lost the web site that gave the name Gwlithyn the meaning "dew-drop" but I'm that name is correct.

and I love you for creating Gwlithyn in your game. It felt comfortable to keep her at my side. And now I also learnt a Welsh name for "Dewdrop"!
    ............the sun is shining already here .....

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

John,

I just completed the level, quite fun, though occassionally frustrating, but I'm wondering where the treasure room is? Is it the room beyond the room with
    spoiler:
    the burrick recipe book in it?
    And if so, how to get in? Everyone else seems to have figured it out...

treasure room

Down the hall from the kitchen you will find a storage room
    spoiler:
    check for something in the corner behind some barrels for a frobable object

M

Gloria

I know how much you love dew drop, so I couldn't make a FM without including dew drop.

Lumpenprol

The room you are looking for is past the
    spoiler:
    burrick recipe book. Look in the fire just before the door.

In one of the rooms off the hallway on the ground floor I opened a chest and ended up with a chest in my hands! Cant drop or do anything else with it.
    I have a screenshot but I do not have anyplace to put it on the web right now
    Its the room opposite the temple(?) doors with the skulls and swords.
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

IIRC, pressing "R" should let you drop the footlocker.

Doh! "R" is default. Also what Thief:tdp is still set for. I often forget that my thief 2 is setup differently. I pressed "R" but its been reassigned :P
    "L" on the other hand worked well silly me.

Another question.
    spoiler:
    In the pit where you move the ribcage to open the secret door, after I go in I find a statue blocking the exit. Dolp! Any fixes for that?
    I haven't lost my mind,
    I have it backed up on disk.
    Oops bad sectors! Damn floppys!
    ICQ#1747197

I hear water arrows work wonders there. I didn't figure it out myself, i leant in and grabbed the loot without it ever appearing!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast