TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Bafford's Last Stand updated 1st Sep 2005

You can download it here . Choose the first download option of "TTLG - courtesty of Dennis Nixon" so you don't get routed back to Thiefmissions.com, since you're having problems there. Good luck! It would be a shame to miss out on playing this one. It's great fun!

BIG thanks, Nightwalker!! I'll give it a try & let you know!

game crashes

Too bad, I also ran into the game crashing when [SPOILER]killing the priestess[SPOILER]. I took her to another location and tried again, but to no avail. Oh, well, I was really enjoying it....

Sorry about the game crashing Verak. What version of Thief II do you have?

Thanks for the comments Mosley. Actually the oubliette idea is similar to the one in the movie "First Knight" except in the movie you could not climb down to the bottom.

Could someone be kind enough to save me reading 9 pages of thread just in case the answer is in there somewhere? I can't find the crystal chunk or even open the case to the war hammer. And outside there is some sort of vent opening on the ground. Is it possible to get down there?
    Also, I alerted some people who ran to the kitchen. While they were running back and forth near the shelf, a pot kept moving back and forth with something under it. Now that I've knocked them out, it stopped, and I can't find how to move it myself. Any clues?

LOL!! Frob one of the containers on the top shelf to reveal the object under the pot.

The switch is down in Bafford's bedroom. Have you made it down there? That general area is the same as what you see through the vent/chimney outside.

The crystal chunk is in the oubliette. Actually you need to reach the bridge, but first go to Bafford's bedroom. You won't be able to get the bridge until you frob a hidden button in Bafford's bedroom.

I've started to replay all the FMs I hadn't quite finished last winter when my PC crashed and Bafford's Last Stand was one of them. Have to say that imho this FM was worth my time! Great work John! Three hours & forty minutes well spent in my estimation. I just realized that I haven't played 'Lord James Retreat' yet (played your other FMs except the ones with undead, of course. No offense; just not my cup of tea). Please keep these excellent FMs coming!

P.S. Just finished Lord James Retreat & had another hour of fun. Have to admit that the location of the Master Wing key did have me stumped for a bit. Thanks again, John.
    Last edited by Dia; 17th Oct 2006 at 14:28.

Thanks Dia. I guess you haven't played my latest FM, or else you would be throwing rocks at me.

No, I haven't played it and after reading the thread about it kind of doubt that I will, no offense!

I'm looking forward to another one of your, shall we say, more conventional FMs though. Please. Thankyou.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Guess you won't be playing my Halloween mission either, then...

I hope it is more "tasteful" than mine was.

Hi, all.

I just downloaded and played this Fan Mission all day long. I was totally addicted. This is how real castles were, I can assure you.

I have it all done, all objectives met, but there's one thing I can't do.

spoiler:
    When you get into the treasure room, the chest on the far right (as you enter the room) causes the floor to sink to the next level where there is more treasure. Now, I'm cool with that, and I can use a series of rope arrows to get back up, but I can't find a place to mantle up and get my footing to make my final escape. Can someone help me?

This isn't a HUGE thing. I have all the loot I need to complete the objective, but as a true thief, I really WANT it all! You all know what I mean.

So any help would be a great help, I assure you. And congrats to the designers on an ingenious, and often wickedly frustrating mission. My main complaint it that some of the switches (
    spoiler:
    like behind Baffor'd dresser
    ) were not visible. Even with those problems, this makes my top 5 FM list for sure.

Well done!

McQ

Hi. I'm new and at first I must say, my english is very horrible.

I have some problems with this fanmission. Now I don't want to read all the pages of this thread because I need help quickly. I can't find the key for the royal part in this very big castle. A friend told me, one of the guards have this key. But most of the guards are unconscious or dead and nobody wear the royal key. I've surched in other rooms too but there isn't a key. Where is it?

Thanks for help.

Carrot:

spoiler:
    Find the toilets you used to climb into the castle, the room to the west has got a big round hole in the ground. You can see down the room below, which is the guards dining room. Find your way down into this room. Now head into the hallway to the north and enter the first room to the west. It's a bedroom and there is a spoon lying on the floor. Frob it and a footlocker will move aside, revealing a small hole in the floor, containing the key you are looking for.

McQ

Thanks for your nice comments. When you are in the treasure room, all you need to do is shoot a rope arrow into the front of the bottom step of the stairs and climb up. When you reach the step, mantle up.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but RL has me very busy lately. I've been working 10 hours every day with no days off.

The lootlist for this mission has totally vanished. It is not at thiefmissions even though it says in the update box that the lootlist was added.

Anybody have access to the list?

I have a lootlist for this mission so I emailed it to you.

Thiefmissions.com

Looks like I didn't update the lootlist I had when the mission was updated way back when. Should be fixed now.

Great! It's really nice to see your around once in awhile again, epithumia!

I can't find the burrick recipe book.

I've tried "going down the hall from the kitchen to the storage room", as someone else suggested, but I'm not finding this storage room with the barrels and the switch or lever. Is there more than one kitchen? I've been to the one with the pot on the shelf that's frobbable.

I have most everything else, but I can't find this book.

Also, the treasure room... Where is that? I found the treasure in the oubliette. I hear it's somewhere near the elusive storage room, but again, I'm not finding that. Is the storage room on ground level, up one, up two floors or what?

I have found what I think is a storage room. It has barrels, but no switch and it's not much of a room. It's narrow and twenty feet long. Is that the storage room? Why doesn't it have a switch in my fm?

Of lesser importance....
    What's up with the guards in one area? I snuck up behind them and hit them with the blackjack, but they don't go down. They don't retaliate like normal guards either. Eventually I hit them again and then a few seconds later they fall to the ground. I've never seen that happen in any fm. Occasionally I'm also getting big delays as I roll through my keys and objects.

It's been great fun playing this again. Last played around 2004 and have happily had it cleared from my brain so I can enjoy it again, almost as though I were playing for the first time.

When you frobbed that cannister a pot moved and the storage room key was under it. Did you find it?

The storage room has a metal door and is south of the corner room with the big spiders in it. tMove the boxes in the NE corner and frob one of the small rocks to open the secret door.

I won't post anything about the treasure yet as you may find you can continue without more help once you've been in the recipe book area.

I don't know what's going on with the guards. That's just weird!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 5th Nov 2009 at 15:20.

I got it all now. I expected a larger frobbable.

Good that you're still on the job, Nightwalker.

Finally finished

I´ve replayed this mission again after three years, last time i got stuck, but this time i was able to complete this mission, thanks to the experience i´ve been aquiring with other missions.

This is a nice mission, with a great gameplay, i love the ghost patroling the corridors

April 7 (2011): Completed it.
    I always had special feelings for the Middle Ages, especially castles.
    Crawling out of the tunnel, I quickly became aware of the sheer size of the building. I started with a tour all around. Cost me quite some time, even at running speed.
    Next, a trip over the walls. More action, so even more time. Nice view on the surrounding lands and especially the castle itself. Because of the space, I felt free and felt like the castle could really exist – which it does of course.
    I liked your ingenuity on how to enter the castle. It was funny, tragic (and a bit unrealistic) altogether.

A shame that sometimes the game was quite laggy when looking in some directions (courtyard) – but you already warned that that could be the case. Luckily, it was no big problem.
    I really liked the deep pit: had some nice jumps all the way down. Wouldn’t want to climb those ladders.
    Although the ghost was quite funny, it caused some irritations when it passed by when I was ready to blackjack some AIs – which happened a few times. I felt it was time for the Ghost Busters!
    Speaking of these last two things: does that pit truly exist (albeit smaller), and are there stories of a ghost ‘truly’ haunting Beaumaris Castle?

missing loot

1 Lost City Jar - is hidden in a niche ,on crossing of main way and Oublitte
    hall under"the watcher of the oubliette".Can take it by crouching and usig the
    base of statue(of course if you managed to take the loot from pit - without
    beeing caught by watcher and wasting a water arrow to make it disappear.)

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast