TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Fan Mission Updated: A Debt Repaid 4.0, last update 1/16/2007

Quote Originally Posted by janiejoey View Post
    I'm having a big problem trying to figure out the sequence of using the switches in this room with the Watcher.

I can't seem to open the huge door in there. [...]
    I do not remember much of this mission which I played long ago, and my notes do not cover this puzzle either. But if you click here, you will be led to Jason Otto's site with hints as well as a complete walkthrough for this mission. I guess you will find what you need there. From what I just read there, there should be some readable in the mission giving fairly well understandable clues about this door puzzle. Good luck!

A real gem of a mission.

Please advice I do not know how to turn the lever at the gas chamber

which levers have to be on top and to the bottom? I read help but do not get turned on levers.

After playing one hour i really like this mission.Really good and original. Speaking of gas bombs i noticed that bombs do not work only in expert.When i playing normal and hard bombs do work.

It seems that the link to the walkthrough is broken, where can I find a walkthrough for this one pls?

Wow, thanks a lot, brush!

My gas bombs aren't working. When I throw them they don't behave like the flash bombs, which detonate on impact. These just get stuck in mid-air. They're all I've got now to get me past the guards in the Gas Chamber.

Just saw the post above me. I'm playing on Expert also

I'm having a hard time also with the levers to disconnect the gas. I'm standing in front of a panel that has 3 levers on top row and 3 levers on bottom row. That's it. They are not names or numbered. Beneath those 2 rows of levers is a square red button and on the other side of a big boiler thingy is a lever with on/off position.
    I have tried entering the numbers explained in the walkthrough, but I don't quite understand. The top row has 3 levers, so how can the top row number sequence be 435?
    The same sort of thing with the second row.
    I just tried the numbers by assuming the top left lever was lever 1 and so on down to the bottom right lever which was 6
    It didn't work. The on/off switch didn't work
    I tried just pulling all six levers by using the 4th, 3rd, 5th, 2nd, 6th and 1st levers. That didn't work.

I got it done. finished except for loot objective which is nothing new in my case. This is second time playing it and I enjoyed it just as much as I did the first time.
    Last edited by llanita; 10th Mar 2016 at 15:43. Reason: found solution

Pissed Off

Didn't need to refer to thread until I could not get gas to shut off. Went back to my earliest save and it was no good, I had already messed with the levers. Now I have to redo the whole @#%$@$%$^% Mission! What was Otto thinking when he did not put in a reset switch!

I already reinstalled Thief 2 2X trying to get gas bombs to work. No luck there either. FM's are supposed to be fun, not a never ending series of frustrations!

This would be a great FM that I would not mind playing again. Being forced to play it again from the beginning in order to finish (with no guarantee that I will be able to finish since gas bomb glitch may be applying itself to gas chamber cut off) is just crap!

There are friends who will help you move, then there are friends who will help you move a body.

Just a note if you come here to check for gas bypass combo, and downloaded 4.0 from "thiefmissions"

The combo, or sequence seems to have been changed, I worked out the note to be 642135 where 1 is top left and 6 is bottom right. So that means, first row is 123, second row is 456.

Glypher produced a couple of dmls to fix a number of issues: Doors, Newmantle issues, Chief's office key, other minor issues. Note: both .gam and .dml need to be installed.

Code:
    DML1
    //T2 FM: A Debt Repaid by Jason Otto (Ottoj55) / Fixes: debt_5.gam.dml

//antidote
    +ObjProp -6677 "FrobInfo"
    {
    	"World Action" Move
    	"Inv Action" None
    }

Code:
    DML1
    //T2 FM: A Debt Repaid by Jason Otto (Ottoj55) / Fixes: miss20.mis.dml

#script "nvscript"

//doors
    +Receptron 36 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 74 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 122 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 136 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 180 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 181 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 284 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 406 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +ObjProp 413 "BlockFrob"
    {
    	"" true
    }
    +MetaProp 413 -2420
    +ObjProp 418 "BlockFrob"
    {
    	"" true
    }
    +MetaProp 418 -2420
    +Receptron 451 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    ObjProp 603 "RotDoor"
    {
    	"Open Angle" 271
    }
    +ObjProp 710 "PickCfg"
    {
    	"LockBits 1" 1
    	"Pins 1" 2
    	"TimePct 1" 3
    	"LockBits 2" 10
    	"Pins 2" 3
    	"TimePct 2" 2
    }
    +Receptron 712 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 713 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 1678 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 1772 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 1773 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 1850 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +Receptron 1851 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    -ObjProp 2030 "PhysType"
    ObjProp 2030 "Position"
    {
    	"Location" 733.89, 448, 503.25
    }
    +ObjProp 2030 "PhysType"
    {
    	"Type" OBB
    }
    +Link 2289 545 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 545 "DesignNote"
    {
    	"" NVRemovePropertyTrapProp="FrobInfo"
    }
    +ObjProp 545 "FrobInfo"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 545 "Scripts"
    {
    	"Script 0" NVRemovePropertyTrap
    }
    +ObjProp 2395 "FrobInfo"
    {
    }
    +Receptron 2556 "EarthStim"
    {
    	Min 9
    	Max None

Target 2395

Effect "rem_prop"
    	{
    		"Prop Name" FrobInfo
    	}
    }
    +Receptron 2556 "WeaponStim"
    {
    	Min None
    	Max None
    	Effect "Abort"
    }
    +ObjProp 2556 "DesignNote"
    {
    	"" NVRelayTrapTDest="[Me]"; NVRelayTrapTOn="[10.00]EarthStim"; NVRelayTrapOff="Null"; NVRelayTrapCount=1
    }
    +ObjProp 2556 "Scripts"
    {
    	"Script 0" NVRelayTrap
    }
    +ObjProp 2646 "BlockFrob"
    {
    	"" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2680 "BlockFrob"
    {
    	"" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2701 "BlockFrob"
    {
    	"" true
    }
    +Link 2002 2073 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2073 "DesignNote"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2073 "FrobInfo"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2073 "Scripts"
    {
    }

//chief's office key
    +Link 2612 2617 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2617 "DesignNote"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2617 "FrobInfo"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2617 "Scripts"
    {
    }

//arrows / gas bombs
    -ObjProp 234 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 355 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 358 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 658 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 1269 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 1270 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 1271 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 1272 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 1804 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 1995 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 2543 "DeathStage"
    -ObjProp 2636 "DeathStage"

//mantling
    +ObjProp 928 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 930 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2335 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2336 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    }
    +ObjProp 2708 "PhysCanMant"
    {
    }

//chemicals
    +ObjProp 1355 "CombineType"
    {
    	"" ChemC
    }
    +ObjProp 1355 "StackCount"
    {
    	"" 1
    }
    +ObjProp 1362 "CombineType"
    {
    	"" ChemD
    }
    +ObjProp 1362 "StackCount"
    {
    	"" 1
    }
    +ObjProp 1432 "CombineType"
    {
    	"" ChemD
    }
    +ObjProp 1432 "StackCount"
    {
    	"" 1
    }
    +ObjProp 1433 "CombineType"
    {
    	"" ChemC
    }
    +ObjProp 1433 "StackCount"
    {
    	"" 1
    }
    Last edited by fortuni; 15th Jul 2021 at 03:40.

Just playing this and I've also found the problem with the gas bombs, so I had a look at them in dromed, they had death stage 12 set

So I deleted the death stage 12 attribute saved the modification & loaded it in game, the gas bombs seem to work then

Would Otto object if that were added to a dml ? I have no idea how to do that myself though

Glypher informs me the dml already contains a fix for the gas bombs.

Did you play using T2Fix/FMdml or did you manually install the dml?
    Last edited by fortuni; 16th Apr 2021 at 14:11.

Just playing through this one again, excellent mission

Unfortunately I made a rookie mistake & got Garrett all the way to my starting point without finding enough loot

So I went back & found some more so the objective ticked off, then I remembered that the exit room is actually on the inside & I couldn't get back in without drowning Garrett, I'm quite surprised I got him out tbh *doh*

I found a solution I took Garrett to the front door & dropped him so he legs went through the door, got back inside & there were his legs, so I picked him up horrible thing to do but, needs must

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Glypher produced a couple of dmls to fix a number of issues: Doors, Newmantle issues, Chief's office key, other minor issues. Note: both .gam and .dml need to be installed.
    i just played through this and had three instances of finding objects behind doors that i could not frob after the door opened: the chief's key; the switch to activate the lab; and the secure evidence combo scroll. i fixed them all through dromed, but it was irksome because i had double checked before playing that i indeed had the above dml fixes present (via the fmdml mod).

now after finishing the mission and examining the dml more closely, i realise my problem was caused by the dml patches: in an effort to prevent sequence breaks caused by frobbing these objects through doors, the dml adds a null FrobInfo to these three items, and sets it up to be removed when the action is taken to open the door. however, it relies on NVScript for removing that null FrobInfo, and this mission does not use NVScript itself; nor does the fmdml mod include NVScript; and since i run a pretty vanilla thief install, i did not have a loose nvscript.osm floating around in my thief install. and so NVScript was never loaded.

if i had thought to look through my thief2.log, i would have found that pretty clearly; but it did not cross my mind to do so until just now, after i already understood the cause of the problem:
    Code:
    : Loaded script module "gen.osm" [FileModDate=2018-Jul-24]
    : Loaded script module "convict.osm" [FileModDate=2018-Jul-24]
    : Failed to load script module "nvscript.osm" (error code 126)
    in conclusion: if you play this mission with the fmdml mod and/or the above dml patches, make sure you also have the latest NVScript.osm either in another loaded mod or copied into this fm's folder. and check your thief2.log immediately after starting the mission to make sure it reports that nvscript.osm was successfully loaded.
    Last edited by vfig; 29th Nov 2023 at 13:40.

Yes, you must have an up-to-date version of NVScript available to use this DML. This is also true for a large quantity of others that are included in (T2)FMDML and posted in old mission threads here, so be careful. This is an important point and I suppose it bears repeating. However, it is generally also noted prominently in the appropriate places, particularly in the T2FMDML thread.

Quote Originally Posted by T2FMDML: A Collection of NewDark Thief 2 FM Fixes
    These fixes require NewDark 1.27 or newer and the latest versions of NVScript, the Public Scripts, and tnhScript to properly function.
    This is why T2Fix requires checking the Common Script Modules component prior to being able to select T2FMDML at all. While the requisite script modules could be included with these packages, this is not done since it is generally better to leave this task to the global configuration rather than risk eventually burdening mods lower in the hierarchy with old modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax64 View Post
    it is generally better to leave this task to the global configuration rather than risk eventually burdening mods lower in the hierarchy with old modules.
    agreed. its not a simple problem to solve.

for my own sake, i have just copied the latest nvscript.osm into the fmdml folder so it gets picked up as part of that mod. sufficient for my needs, but certainly not a general solution. (indeed, the only general solution i can think of is a custom nvscript build specific for fmdml with unique prefixes to avoid any clashes, so as to make fmdml self-contained; but thats a bunch of work for pretty low reward!)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789