TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "GoingDown" - anyone for another Thief2-FM later this year?

[ABANDONED] "GoingDown"

ABANDONED

Note: This FM was originally going to be for TG, but ... oh well.

I tried to stay away, honest I did, but ... ThiefGold was sitting there, on my shelf, and the DromED that comes with it was sooo tempting me.

Against all expectations, TG does actually still run on my brand new "Athlon64 3000+ / GeForce 5900 FX" (well, with the texture patch). In fact, running at 1024x768 it never looked so good !

The short and sweet is that I'm now playing with the idea of playing with ThiefGold's DromED again. And my question is, would anyone actually be interested if I made a small TG-FM next year?

Ok - I've finished editing this post now.
    Last edited by *Zaccheus*; 30th Nov 2009 at 03:12.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Sure, I'd play it. Thief 1/Gold FMs have this special feel that T2 FMs can't quite reach. Plus I like using Garrett's bunny-hopping ability when running from guards

Oh, if you haven't already, play Morrgan's Returning a Favor. It's a small and very good Thief Gold FM.

I'll give "Returning a Favor" a try, thanks for the suggestion.

I'm thinking that "A simple job" "It's Never That Simple" "GoingDown" ( ) would be an appropriet name for my break-in-and-plunder FM.

Most jobs seem simple at first, both for Garrett and for FM designers, but then ...
    Last edited by *Zaccheus*; 8th Feb 2005 at 16:27.

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Bring it on

I'd LOVE to see another TG FM. They are few and far between nowadays and I miss them.

1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

Anything you do is always welcome. As for me, T1/TG/T2 I have no preference in the FM's. But I still think T1 was the most engaging of the three.

Go for it. And cheers for your new computer handling the game(s) with no problems. some people have all the luck

Quote Originally Posted by theBlackman
    some people have all the luck
    Heh - the only thing that isn't working is DromED's game mode (due to the texture size reporting bug).

So in order to play my new born mission (one air brush so far!) I've already had to set up all the usual files (STRINGS\MISSFLAG.STR and a few others) and have to run it as Miss20.mis via Thief.exe, as if it were a finished FM !!

Zaccheus' hospital blog

No game mode!!! Eeeeyaa...that's a bugger.

Fancy having to do that everytime you want to check your work!

I would DEFINITELY play any new Thief Gold FM's! I wish there were more of them!

Im working on a huge Thief Gold FM and to get around that texture problem just run it using Direct X (turn off hardware)

IF it kicks ass, it does not matter which engine it runs on.

Adding my "Hell yes" to the collective voice. I just finished Thief Gold earlier this year for only the second time, and it isn't leaving my drive anytime soon.

Bring it on

Ditto here plus Thief Gold and 2 have a permanent space on my hd as well. And if there was absolutely no TG FM on the horizon, it would still take the "honorary special reserve space" on my hd 1)for the memories alone, 2)well because it has to be set up properly and be ready to go, you never know

You had to ask?

Of course we'd be interested! Do it, man!

Definitely. My thief 2 went to Berlin recently so I started playing T1/Gs again. Apart from a real problem with darkness, I've really enjoyed the ones I've played. Can we have lots of different places to get in buildings please. And secrets and new objectives and ......

If you build it, they will come...

and it'll be fantastic, I know it. I loved the atmosphere of T1. T2 just can't capture the "dankness" of the old, crumbling building textures. Everything in T2 looks too neat. I like the world to look a little grittier. Thanks for taking up the mantle.

-Theef

thanks-what a great idea

I managed to get a copy of GOLD on e-bay this year so would be very interested.

Think the older games have more gameplay --don't you think

Still not manged to crack Thief 3-- no rope arrows and Garrett does not climb all over the place with his gloves --like the old rope arrows

Ok, I guess that'll be a yes then.

"A simple job" "It's Never That Simple" it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad Midnight
    Im working on a huge Thief Gold FM and to get around that texture problem just run it using Direct X (turn off hardware)
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    Last edited by *Zaccheus*; 24th Oct 2004 at 14:19.

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Hmmmm...now let me think...a new mission...would I want to play it...hmmm

HELLO!!!!!!

Of course man!!!

So..when's it going to be done?

Is it done yet?

I really should install Thief Gold again as there's alot of TG FM's i just haven't played yet because i'm using Dromed for T2.

YES to TG Mission

A very depressing day in my life was when I realized I played the last available TG FM. It was like someone cancelled Christmas. I like T2 missions but LOVE T1/TG missions. Ever since I blackjacked the drunk guard in Lord Bafford, I have been addicted.

PLEASE BUILD A TG MISSION. It will be welcomed.

BBB

I was briefly tempted to do it in T2 after all, but bbb thou hast convinced me to make it as a TG FM.

Zaccheus' hospital blog

Go ahead and make a T1 FM I say! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

COOOOOOOLLLLLL!
    By the way Zaccheus, I looked at your site and realized I plauyed both your missions. Really enjoyed them and am really looking forward to another fum mission.

BBB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast