TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bloody Ruins (29th Oct. 2004)

dirtyoldman, your #1 and #2 questions are related
    spoiler:
    there is a secret room in the library, in the part where fire elementals are....if you need more hints, read next lines

spoiler:
    There is a switch in one of the bookshelves

If you need even more than that

spoiler:
    It's the one in the middle of one of the stairs, there is a frobbable book you press and a banner opens

Dafydd, the sword can be found
    spoiler:
    if you click around one of the statues in one of the hallways you enter at the very beginning of the mission

Great mission, just finished, but I didn't find one of the secrets and short on about 1300 loot (I'm assuming it's related to the secret) Anyone find it?

warriorbabe im in the same boat as you. Im short about 1000 loot

spoiler:
    one of the secrets is the gold dragon and the other is a behind a bookcase that you need to lower. not too sure where its at but it has a pottery jar next to it.

behind the jar is a switch which is also a ....... doorhandle????
    Last edited by bob_doe_nz; 29th Oct 2004 at 18:51.

dirtyoldman

All I could do was offer myself to them for dinner.

I am short 325 of max loot. Is there a loot list? I guess it would be impossible to tell where I haven't been.

Ghost
    Thanks DOM and Warriorbabe; I found the sword and finished the mission.

I'm annoyed that at the very last moment, it became unghostable:

spoiler:
    The objective to kill the three mages wouldn't necessarily be a bust... except there appears to be no way of killing them without alerting them. Even with the sword, overhead smash, backstabbing when they're completely unalerted, it took a second-stroke coup de grace. They are, of course, alerted after the first blow -- and that busts the ghost.

You can get around this by not reading the paper that gives you that objective; but deliberately avoiding a readable that will give you an objective because that objective is unghostable violates the spirit, even if not the letter, of the ghosting rules.

Yeesh. Couldn't Christine have made some way to kill them without alerting them? Or did I just miss something?

Dafydd

need some help...

spoiler:
    At the entrance after crossing the lava pit, if you go forward turn right and repeat, you come to a metal door, how can this be opened? Where's this lizard area people keep talking about? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    need some help...

spoiler:
    At the entrance after crossing the lava pit, if you go forward turn right and repeat, you come to a metal door, how can this be opened? Where's this lizard area people keep talking about? thanks.
    spoiler:
    The door opens automatically after you trigger a certain event- go to the library and you'll be on the right track.

Great mission BTW!
    Love the sense of humour shown in almost all of the readables, great stuff! Can't wait for the next mission in this campaign (unless this was the last one )

Shadows,

spoiler:
    that door will lead to the laboratory, which will lead to the "lizard people"... The door will open after you got the experiment book.

I spent about two hours running around looking for loot that I missed last night. I did find two loot pieces, but I can't believe I overlooked the
    spoiler:
    gas arrow.

Can someone give me some really hard-to-find loot hints?

thanks for the help, mission accomplished.

john9818a: Did you find
    spoiler:
    the jar behind a pile of rubble in the first section and the mask behind some more rubble (next to the little lava pool leading to the bronce torc)
    there are some delicious rats in that corner, too?
    Plus,
    spoiler:
    in the library there are some scattered coins on a sill in the lower level
    - I only found them on 3rd or 4th sight

MMMMM - Rat 'O Van "It's a Rat, that's been run over by a Van" (Quote from "Baldrick")

fm crashes when frobbing anything

when I frob the toolbox at the beginning, the game crashes. Also my save games do not load, the game crashes. Is this a bad download or bug, or corrupt darkloader, or even junk that I need to cleanup?

thanks.

Was looking in the forums, did not find what I need to solve this. Still looking.
    "To live in the light is to see everything, to live in the dark is to see everthing you missed in the light."

dirtyoldman

I found those. Thanks. I've been around the whole map with my nose high and low looking for the rest of the loot. I may have to come back to it later after I get some rest.

Lizard Death

These guys are very very difficult to kill. At least the last three hanging around the campfire. Once alerted, I can't seem to sneak into the campfire area. Do I concentrate on killing them off, or do I instead keep trying to sneak in.

Sneak.
    spoiler:
    You can put out the light mushrooms with arrows, which makes getting in and out of that cave pretty easy.

Sigh,
    I really donít like asking for help butÖIím totally unable to figure this out.

spoiler:
    Iíve got all three bracelets, Iíve freed the mages, Iíve opened the door back into the start area, Iíve even been lugging Lady Lotti around. For the life of me I canít figure out two thingsÖHow do I open the locks in the mageís bedroom, they just click? Back at the font with the bracelet symbols on the sides and the sealed door through which I can hear outdoor sounds, how do I activate it? Perhaps these two are related?

Help?

Btw, very nice mission again Christine. Just leaves me a little hungry.

Griffin

The things you mentioned are related.
    spoiler:
    You need to frob each of the little triangle objects in the mage's rooms. A door will open not too far away. From there you should be able to figure the rest out.

Blind as a bat.

I'm running in circles here, please guide me.

spoiler:
    I have eliminated the Fire Elementals and found 1 secret. But for the life of me I can't find the library people talk so much of. Could it be the room where the book called The Thief & his wife is found?

Other than that I find this mission top entertainment.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

can't find the silver bracelet? help please

Quote Originally Posted by SirFreddieM
    I'm running in circles here, please guide me.

spoiler:
    I have eliminated the Fire Elementals and found 1 secret. But for the life of me I can't find the library people talk so much of. Could it be the room where the book called The Thief & his wife is found?

Other than that I find this mission top entertainment.
    spoiler:
    in the room with the pool, there are two side rooms with little fire braziers burning. remember...water will lead you to knowledge

more of a spoiler....downright gimme!
    spoiler:
    put out those fires

SirFreddieM -

spoiler:
    The library that I think you are looking for is a large two story area where you can see bookshelves on the upper and lower floors. There are two staircases connecting them. The upper story of the library is adjacent to an area with a large pool and, if I can remember correctly, two urns with burning flames near it. Hope this helps.

Thanks nil8hate, that did the trick just nicely. Why didn't I try that before I posted?

Thanks Devorgilla for helping me out here.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Another great mission Christine and Dinksmallwood - Thanks.
    spoiler:
    I was sooooooo pleased what I discovered I didn't have to rope arrow all the way back to the start to get the bronze bracelet I missed!!!

I had very much fun with this mission! Thank you! I especially liked the architecture in combination with the somehow oriental furniture and objects! Very atmosopheric! And those Books and scrolls were funny.

I'm curious: Could somebody tell me, how to

spoiler:
    open the door to the starting area? I searched everywhere, but didn't find alever or something. Finally I had to cross the lava pit four times, because after the second time I noticed that I had forgotten to make the key .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast