TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bloody Ruins (29th Oct. 2004)

Thanks very much for this great mission Christine.
    This mission is once again the proof that you dont need a new engine to build something better then the original Thief missions.
    BTW anynews about a editor for TDS yet ?
    Anyone ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponterbee
    Kudos to DinkSmallwood for her wonderful talking doll, appearance in the diaries, and terrific writing contributions, also. A beautiful collaboration and an instant classic.

Thank you so much! :::hugs all around:::
    (Dinky is blushing)
    Oh thank you very much, Ponterbee!
    (Dinky is hugging Ponterbee as well)

Bloody Ruins

Maybe we're just dense! We cannot find the entrance to the caves and we can't find the Mage's bedrooms with the switches. So would someone give us a starting point to find them, PLEASE?????

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    nilhate,

spoiler:
    The sliver bracelet is in the caverns. When you enter the caverns you will notice a 'creature' thatis roaming about. If you go left and follow that path, it leads to a room with 3 creatures, on the right side of the room is a small opening the bracelet is in there
    I'm confuzzled.
    spoiler:
    Are the "caverns" in the first part, across the lake o' fire, or on the other side with the ill-tempered fireballs? I've got everything but this item.

-Theef

Theef:

Since you say you have everything but this one item,
    spoiler:
    you have the mechanist's experimental book which means a door has opened to the lab area (there should be ghosts walking about as well as the fireballs in the area beyond the lava lake). Assuming this is the case, in the back left of the lab area, look for a semi-hidden switch (look in the rubble) for a gate; once this gate is open, look for a frobbable rock wall behind the gate which leads to the lizard caverns. In these lizard caverns is where you want to search for the silver bracelet.

- prjames

[BBR]_M1Tanker

There is nothing beyond that point, except a fire. Actually you will find out in the story why the Mechanists (not hammers) didn't climb out.

I would like to see a loot list too, but there is one piece of loot 25g stuck in a wall somewhere and can't be frobbed. It won't prevent anyone from finishing the FM though. So if you're running around everywhere looking for the last 25g, then you will know that it is safely placed in the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Theef
    I'm confuzzled.
    spoiler:
    Are the "caverns" in the first part, across the lake o' fire, or on the other side with the ill-tempered fireballs? I've got everything but this item.

-Theef
    Theef and Lynx67,

spoiler:
    prjames is correct. Once you have the wizard's experiment book, a door somewhere will open, it's a door that will have been closed to you beforehand. You will know you are at this stage when there are ghosts walking around. Proceed to the now open door and carry on from there ... when you open a slab of rock inside a prison cell that is when you enter the caverns

I just finished this mission. I started the Lady Lotti Saga from the beginning and played all three missions in row, re-playing Coterie of Smokers.

Loads of fun, beautiful to look at, and some nice surprises. I think what's best in these missions is the variety -- many different places to explore, all intricately designed.

Can't wait for more!

Super Mission

Christine, as always you have created an excellent mission. Dinky did a terrific job as well. Congratulations to both of you and Danke Schoen for providing another fun time.

Please, keep it up!

wow! great work christine! your fms are growing ever the more challenging!

Well ........I'm not yet out of there ......... but almost finished.........but I HAVE TO SAY: [SIZE=4]THIS IS ONE HELL OF A MISSION, CHRISTINE AND "DINKY"!!!
    It fits exactly into "my Thief-playing-wishing-mind"..........
    Why am I NOT surprised here?!
    I like the "quick and accurate movements " in this mission! It's all we Taffers need to get a smile on our faces, while playing this tremendous funny and exciting mission, the humorous comments ........ the storyline, the strategyplan around the fireballs all over ....., when you haven't found the
    spoiler:
    waterarrowsecret
    ............it al fits in a REALLY EXELLENT GOOD MADE FAN MISSION! ......... as we Taffers can't compete with!
    So I just want to say to you both: THANKS for giving me this pleasure at this moment!
    I needed that!
    .................but: why can't I KEEP the
    spoiler:
    Dewdrop dolly who says "mama" in such a lovely way!
    I didn't read ONE reply on this one!
    That's amazing .........at least to me!
    I liked my "Gloria Creep dolly" SOOOOOOOOOOO much in your last adventure, Christine........ I must admit that I started this mission, BELIEVING that you would give me another one ............. or a teddybear ....... or something! ............ .........
    Then there's the "food-issue". I always love you sushi-taste-of-mind ......... and enjoyed it too rhis time ....... but I figured .......... Naaaaahh ............. I wouldn't tell my rat-pets abouts this one.......
    They tasted really good though. NOT my pets off course, but the rats I picked up ......... I used all the recepies ........... and they worked out well.
    Just ONE remark: on the white ones ............. put some Worchester sauce on them ....before grilling or baking them ..........some garlic would be nice too and a bit of .............oh well: ..mail me for the recepy!

Back to the FM:
    I'll pack this up in ONE BIG CRATE, labelled: PRICE-WINNING-MISSION !!! .............
    ...and there's a lot more to say ........... but it's not neccessary!

You know!

Gloria creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Thanks to you all, I'm glad that you like it

For the doll: in my first try the doll could taken in the inventory and frobbed in the inventory, but the soundfile was too long. When the Player frobbed the doll while walking, it goes quieter and quieter.... That sounds strange...

The recepts for the rats were writen by Dinksmallwood

Thanks for the great comments, Gloria!

Regarding the recipes:
    - Tell me where to find Worchester sauce and garlic in those ruins and I'll overwork the recipes...

Hahahahaha

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I think I frobbed the doll 50000 times.

Stunning
    For ghosts they sure bleed alot

Outstanding mission. Just one little thing: what are you supposed to do with the gas arrow? By the time I'd found it there was exactly nothing left in the mission to use it on. Bit strange.

I add my praise to Christine and whoever else may have worked on this, and ALL of the Lady Lotti FMs - I hope there are still more to come! I have not laughed quite as much as when I stood behind Lotti in the first level and listened to her drug-induced laughing and burping!!

By the way:

spoiler:
    I just happened to be carrying Lotti when I reached the exit, and it both added the new objective and completed it at the same time. Was this a secret Objective? Or would it have enacted without the body and made me have to go back and get it? If the latter, I'm glad I'm a nice guy and just happened to drag her along - my first impulse was to throw her in the nearby water to see if she'd drown, but then a little voice told me to carry her to the exit instead!!

@ Zapman

I forgot the gasarrow, when I put it in this Mission, there were no mages, there were some thieves in this area

@ taffedinthehead

spoiler:
    You are really a good guy It is a secret objective, it only shows up at the end, when you carry Lady Lotti

I think this mission is super cute. I wonder what kind of trouble
    spoiler:
    Lady Lotti is going to get in now that I've saved her?

humm!? Ohm! :D

spoiler:
    The silver bracelet is in a cave area just beyond the nest where the lizard like beasts are standing around a camp fire.

Where is that cave? And where is the nest!?
    Which way i have to take to go there!?

Are you in the caves? If not, you need to
    spoiler:
    get into the Lab and look for a lever on the back of some stone blocks.
    Once you're in the caves, follow the tunnel and take the first left. You'll come to the cave with the creatures in it that was mentioned in your quote.

Wondering why I have cig carton still and....

not the Sunburst? I saw where it was said I would be needing that for the next mission...but I don't have it now? I'm about to try and get fire arrows at this point but thought I'd ask about this change of items???? Ta and Good Hunting!

@ Fire Eater

To take the sunburst with you was no objective in 'Abysses'. It was mentioned in the books that you might need it to open the ruins but - actually we took it out of 'Bloody Ruins' because we weren't sure if every player read that hint and took the sunburst in his inventory.

The cig carton you still carry with you because you stole it in 'Coterie of Smokers' from Lord J. to take it to Dayport and exchange it with some smuggled cigarettes to help one of your friends.
    So that's why you/Garrett still carried it in 'Abysses' and also in 'Bloody Ruins'. He still hasn't completed his target he set himself to exchange those weeds in Dayport.

*sniff, sniff*
    Smells like this serial still needs a sequel, right Christine?
    Last edited by Dinksmallwood; 6th Dec 2004 at 13:36.

LOL...Ahh geez whiz...thought

I was going to get to blow something up

Well I have a new question or two...

I'm in the caves and after watching the Lizards from the first hole looking over the lava pit...I went around a bit and found mylady (don't think I'm going to be able to rescue her) and also found the water pool a little further on with the "haunt" patrolling below. If I'm supposed drop down into pool (with all those boulders and not smash myself up in the process) I certainly wouldn't be able to do that with her and not drown her (as I've read earlier is a secret option blah, blah ). I'm playing "Hard" mode am I supposed to get to that pool and drop into it for the next phase to leave this place? Thanks for helpers...cause right now I'm confused and I need help..help...help please Ta and Good Hunting!
    Last edited by The Fire Eater; 6th Dec 2004 at 03:01.
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

I Cannot Read Instructions
    If this is really the last mission in the series, how about doing what you did with the Lord Ashton series?

Please?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast