TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bloody Ruins (29th Oct. 2004)

Fire Eater
    spoiler:
    I think you can drop down into the pool and get out without drowning her but if you notice, the edge of the opening above the pool is wood. You can put in a rope arrow and climb down. I dropped down, took care of the haunt down below, then climbed back up to get Lottie, when it was safe.

I'm not able to do that Nightie...unless I can put an arrow at an angle and jump over onto it...I can't climb down one from the top. Never managed to learn how to do that manuver...and there's no way up there to do that so that I could I think I'm going to have to try and shoot Haunt first from above cause otherwise I think my splash would be too noisy and alert it, etc. Thanks for info anyway Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

No, you can jump into the pond without alerting him, as long as he's not in the room. I've done it a number of times and then you can skuttle over into a corner and wait to ambush him. I don't think I've ever tried putting the rope arrow in from up above, only from below to get back up so perhaps it's not possible. I'll have to try it sometime.

OK...I took care of Mages...went into rooms and clicked the buttons...went back to pedestal, dropped braclets and nada???? Don't understand..what am I not doing right? How do I get door to open? Thank you Ta and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Fire Eater

spoiler:
    After you pressed the buttons in the room of each wizard, a curtain-kind door opens in the pond-area. There you first have to drop the three bracelets into the water to change them into one key.

Is there a trick to getting across the lava with the rope arrows. I can't reach all the beams that I shoot at because they are too far away. Half the time I can't reach the rope arrows I shoot anyway.
    Love never blows up and gets killed...

You have to start by shooting one rope arrow as close to you as you can- and then you'll need to climb the rope to the top of the beam and mantle up. From up there, shoot to the next and jump to it, mantle up, etc. It just takes a few tries (and a few reloads) to get to the end.

spoiler:
    there's a secret cave below the cave you're heading towards. You might lose one rope arrow getting there safely, but it's worth it!

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I finished posting, I went back to try again, and I did it.

Meanwhile, my mouse is covered with sweat and I had to change my shorts. In reality, I'm terrified of heights, and this game allows me to be tortue\red in a nice, safe, lava filled environment. At least it wasn't snake-filled...

Great FM Christine. Terrifying as always...
    Love never blows up and gets killed...

Thanks ponterbee

Little confused......

Okay...Got
    spoiler:
    bracelets (a nice key), sword, loot, and
    some mighty tasty rats.
    So, um, where's the door I exit with? I would suppose that I need to do something
    spoiler:
    with the key
    , but I seem to have missed that.

spoiler:
    There's a room at the end of a hallway, not far from the kitchen where you found all the "yummy" rat recipes in a book that has a pedestal in it. You "use" the key you got when you combined the bracelets there.

Gosh! What a mission series! No offence to you other Dromed masters out there, but I don't see how it can get any better than these three "Lady Lotti" missions. Christine, you and Dinky, and whoever else played a role in this series need to be commissioned for the next full version Thief game.

Anyway, in the ghost mage area where you:
    spoiler:
    drop into the pool from the lizard caves
    has anyone but me found that ghost mage to be "IN" the pool instead of patrolling? You talk about a pain! I had to raise the sword while standing at the edge, jump in while timeing my strike, then hurry and mantle back out before he could "skull" me. It took a flashbomb and something like 5 - 7 overhead strikes to dispose of him. Actually, a pretty cool challenge!

Hey, Dinky & Christine.....

I got SHA
    spoiler:
    climbing on rocks at a dead end near the beginning of the mission.
    . Or a bump to the head, perhaps?

gold bracelet

Great Mission Christine.

Could someone tell me where the gold bracelet is? I just got the silver one and am looking down into a room with a wooden rafter and part of the ceiling missing. There is a haunt down there too.

Marycwmbach

You're on the right track. There are several rooms that you will visit while down there, and a clue as to where the gold bracelet is.

Or if you want to spoil all the fun, here's the answer:
    spoiler:
    There is a secret chamber back in the library, ground floor, far left corner. There is a frobbable book on the shelf there that opens the chamber.

gold bracelet

thankyou oneof four

I will get down to this area later on today.

Is it necessary to take the lady with me. Is she dead or not?

marycwmbach

No, the lady is not dead, only stoned from the mushrooms...

And if you take her with you depends on how helpful you are... It's your own decision.

gold bracelet

Thankyou dinksmallwood and oneof4. Have completed the game now. How do you send in comments which are selected as spoiler. I would like to contribute sometimes. Congrats to Christine and Dinksmallwood yet again. A mini masterpiece.

marycwmbach
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 30th Dec 2004 at 14:31. Reason: unclear

Creating "Spoiler" cover

It's simple, just click on the blue square button with the white "S" on it, above (it's the last button on the right). Then type what you want concealed. There is also a way to put the spoiler cover within a sentence to make it appear a bit more "seamless", but I haven't figured out how to do it. Perhaps someone else can explain that.

If you want to insert a small section of spoiler cover like this, just type {spoil} text {/spoil} but change the brackets to the usual square ones.

Oh, OK, like this now typing jibberish just to test, thanks Nightwalker!

But if you type {spoiler}text{/spoiler} you get the same thing as the blue button gives you. Example:
    spoiler:
    more jibberish to test

That's what I tried once before, I didn't notice that you have to drop the "er" off of "spoiler".

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Thankyou dinksmallwood and oneof4. Have completed the game now. How do you send in comments which are selected as spoiler. I would like to contribute sometimes. Congrats to Christine and Dinksmallwood yet again. A mini masterpiece.

marycwmbach
    Let's hope they team up again someday!!!!

spoiler cover

Thanks everyone for info on spoiler cover. Ponterbee I agree, can't wait for the next one.

Marycwmbach

Can't find the sivler bracelet?

I just can not find the silver bracelet. I must be frobbing in the wrong rooms.
    I don't have the book yet either. Do I need the Silver bracelet to get the book or the book to get the silver bracklet? I have the other two.
    Albert

Have you been
    spoiler:
    through the lab and out into the caves? There's a section that is patrolled by the weird creatures the Mages created. You need to sneak into the main cave where 3 of these creatures stand over in one corner, go through a hole in the wall on the opposite side from where they are and you'll find the silver bracelet in there. It's not hidden. It's lying out on the floor.

The book
    spoiler:
    is in the Library. Have you found out how to get in there yet?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast