TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Bloody Ruins (29th Oct. 2004)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinscewind
    I might have missed the hint to where it was at in this thread, but I can't find it. So far, I have:

Found the bronze and gold keys, got the loot total, found the room across from the library, crossed both lava pits, found the fire arrows, and gotten the water arrow cache by the pool. I don't know where to find an explosive device to get through what I think is the cave-in that can be cleared (near the sword area, gray dirt-like stuff with a small 'hole' at the top and what looks like a crawl-space that can be cleared at the bottom). I can't find the silver key.

Thanks for any hints.
    By "key" did you mean oroborus (looks like a dragon biting its tail)?

yes

yes, the silver part of the key

Lootlist and Walkthrough

Get them at thiefmissions.com here. Many thanks to epithumia for hosting them.

Thank you very much for making it
    Last edited by Christine; 21st Mar 2005 at 16:48.

Odd problem

I have an odd problem with this FM. Darkloader will not allow me the option to install the mission. All I can do is play it directly from Darkloader. This works fine, except that whenever I finish reading a text or attempt to quickload, it drops back to the desktop and I have to click "play" in Darkloader again and then load my saved game. It's weird. I've never had this happen with any other fan mission.

It's a great mission by the way-- fun, interesting, well-crafted, and intelligent-- like all of her missions.

Learning that there will be no more missions from Christine is like learning of a death in the family. Her name on a mission has always been a guarantee of quality.

Thanks, Christine, for all your hard work and for all of the hours of enjoyment you have provided your devoted fans.

hm, that' strange... try to install Thief 2 via Darkloader and than try to install the FM.

It blew up in my face!

I just finished bloody ruins. Had the darnedest time with those
    spoiler:
    bracelets
    and figuring out what to do with them. Thank goodness for all the helpful notes and scrolls lying about. I tried
    spoiler:
    throwing them at the frobbable triangular platform
    but they just laid there like a stack of big heavy donuts. (hah!) Then I remembered reading that they had to be
    spoiler:
    immersed. So I ran around throwing them into all the water I could find. I finally saw that the area behind the metal curtain by the pool had mysteriously opened up (I caught a sneaky peak of it earlier in game when I leaned into the curtain). I jumped up onto the side of the fountain and dropped in the rings. Next thing I knew it was like the whole ceiling fell on my head and I died!

So just a note to people who are about to toss those oros
    spoiler:
    in the fountain -- stand off to the side if you don't want the spell blowing up in your face.

And Lotti, the poor featherhead,
    spoiler:
    I couldn't leave her there. So I dragged her around with me for 20 minutes until the end of the game. It was nice to discover that getting her out was a surprise objective!

Another great mission Christine!

I'm always behind and playing older missions. I only discovered fan missions a couple of years ago, so I have a lot of catching up to do. I just finished this 3 part series and will now work on the Mountain Monestary.

I absolutely loved this mission. Solving puzzles and traveling in hard to reach places is a specialty of mine. I found all 3 secrets along with doing the bonus objective. In fact I killed all of the dragon creatures and was waiting for the mission to give me an additional bonus objective. That would have been great since the "supreme being" cursed the priests. Helping them was one thing, but correcting nature could have been another.

Also, I was hoping the doll did something. Or maybe it did and I didn't do it. I didn't read through 8 pages of threads, so it's possibly posted on here.

I'm only a few hundred loot short, so I probably missed a few things really hidden. They're usually rings and coins which are hard to see.

Anyway, thanks for a great mission and I'm moving on to the latest one you created, Christine.

Phil

Thank you, I'm glad that you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Philflound View Post
    Also, I was hoping the doll did something. Or maybe it did and I didn't do it. I didn't read through 8 pages of threads, so it's possibly posted on here.
    The doll just cry "mama"

Just wanted to comment. I just got done with this FM (and the rest of the series before it), and throughly enjoyed myself. Great series, and great mission. Deserves to be bumped back up to the top for anyone who might have missed it.

Aren't we about due for another Christine mission sometime soon?

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by kamyk View Post
    Aren't we about due for another Christine mission sometime soon?
    Shadows of the Past maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Christine's building another FM series......

Great screens! (and, yeah, I gotta keep up with the news more... )

Actually my understanding is she helped with part of Shadows of the Past. Her part has been done for a long time. I got this from the link on her site. As for a release, its anybodys guess. If what I read was misunderstod, then please update me!

Unfortunately no. That's this FM:Have you played this FM, Shadows of the Past? (T2)

Which was released, played by some of the forum, then removed from downloading at the author's request pending a new and improved version that never materialized. If you can read german, the author's site even says the project is on ice.

Any screenshots or hype for that mission are just foreplay without the sex, unless you happen to know someone on here who can transfer you a copy of the original release.

I think Clearing was alluding to hoping Christine would take over the project. Myself, I am kind of hoping to see another Lady Lotti FM...
    Last edited by kamyk; 31st Jan 2010 at 23:55.

Rats!! Oh, well, we can always hope...

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I just wanted to say that I never got around to playing Bloody Ruins until this morning, and it was truly magnificent! Definitely one of Christine's best missions, and a fitting finale to the Lady Lotti saga.

I totally agree, and if my bumping the thread had anything to do with that then mission accomplished.

I have to say that the lava cavern gave me some tense moments, lol. I almost threw in the towel at that part (because of the rope jump bug), but I am so glad I didn't.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I actually thought that was really easy because of how she designed it, and I didn't lose any rope arrows in the process. I will admit, though, that I was glad not to have to retrace it on the way out. And yes, you bumping the thread inspired me to play it.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *deep breath* Noooooooooooooooooo![/SIZE] *Hyperventilates and passes out*
    ROTFL

Is this FM a part of a campaign?
    If yes, where can I find it/them?

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I do believe its part of the coterie of smokers missions. Should be on thiefmissions.com I think.

Master Builder 2018
    You're right. It's the sequel to Coterie of Smokers and Abysses.

Coterie of Smokers, Abysses & Bloody Ruins were, together, referred to as The Lady Lotti Saga - but I've never seen LLS as a single d/l. (there's links to the first 2 missions at the above link.)

BANNED
    It's a strange problem but this mission seems to be only compatible with DarkLoader's style of file replacement loading and did not work using FMsel (would only load original T2 missions). Didn't have this problem playing Coterie of Smokers and Abysses, which I can't believe I didn't play before. It's been an excellent "series" so far.

The problem is that the author did not provide a missflag.str file in the Strings folder.
    Without that, the game does not know that is should launch the FM, instead of the OM.
    DarkLoader tries to compensate for that failure and will create the missing file automatically with defaults when installing the FM.
    FMSel does not bother to fix that issue for you.

Add this and it should work:
    Strings\missflag.str
    Code:
    // Valid mission flags
    //
    // skip         This mission doesn't exist; it should be skipped.
    // no_briefing  Skip the briefing movie
    // no_loadout   Skip the loadout
    // cutscene     Play a cutscene immediately afterward
    // end          End the game when this mission is completed
    // 

miss_1: "skip"
    miss_2: "skip"
    miss_3: "skip"
    miss_4: "skip"
    miss_5: "skip"
    miss_6: "skip"
    miss_7: "skip"