TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: you know you're a newb if...

53. You post a thread on this forum about making money fast.

(Guilty. Second post, in fact. First was about beating the game without Wraithguard. *shudders* I even spelled it "w/o" in the title.)

10 note
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeperStorm
    49. You select Hand to Hand and Unarmored as your only offensive and defensive skills.
    Hey, those can actually be quite good skills for an interesting game and they're not as bad as you think. Without carrying weapons or armour you can run really fast and hand to hand goes up really quickly so you can easily get 5x speed at level up. Fists also damage enemies that normally require magical, silver, ebony etc weapons to harm and once you get and enemies fatigue down they are as good as dead. Humanoids also tend to have low fatigues so knocking them out can be a lot faster than killing with a weapon. Also, spellcasters will constantly fail casting and opponents miss more often. Granted its not as good as long blades and heavy armour, but using a character like that is so easy its practically cheating.

54. You think mage characters are good.

With the way the magic and combat system in Morrowind works, mages are at a definite disadvantage. I downloaded a few mods to rectify this though. The one I'm currently using completely changes the levelling system. Magic skills can be raised above 100 and you level automatically. As you use skills, they also raise automatically. It also multiplies your magicka by a great deal, making it possible to actually walk around without restore magicka potions. Once all that has been done, being a mage can be pretty fun.
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 23rd Feb 2006 at 16:24.

10 note
    I take it you mean Morrowind, not Oblivion. They claim to have changed magicka to make it useful in Oblivion, I think it regenerates now. Everyone seems to be so caught up waiting for Oblivion, they think about Oblivion while they talk about Morrowind... If you get what I mean. Hey I'm just as guilty as everyone else, done loads of research on it, bought a new graphics card for it and pre-ordered it (granted it was cheap). I just hope they haven't screwed it up.

That's the second time I've mistaken Oblivion for Morrowind

The words are too similar I tell you! Yes they are, you Communist!

BANNED
    55. You reach level 40 before you realize that the "main" missions are with Blades, not the guilds or houses(True Story)

spoiler:
    56. you use spolier for everything

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthenet
    55. You reach level 40 before you realize that the "main" missions are with Blades, not the guilds or houses(True Story)
    LOL, I took a while to grasp that as well, just not THAT long.

hey claim to have changed magicka to make it useful in Oblivion,
    Whatever.

The only time I get mana is when I get my foot stuck up a mages' ass.

I thought Tuco was a Battlemage?

Don't fuck with my Ryushi, don't fuck with me.

I know where you dream.

1. you spend 3 hours looking for the silt strider

Quote Originally Posted by Tuco
    Don't fuck with my Ryushi...
    Ooh, how considerate of you. I love you too

2. If you become a vampire just for the dreams
    3.you go all the way to the capitle just to kill the duke and die when the dukes guards come
    3. you try to steal a guards armor right off him ((tryed))
    4. you cant seem to understand why you die when you fall off a cliff
    5. you try to swim to the bottom of the ocien to discover that you cant hold your breath that long

6.you become an argoninan just so you can breathe underwater

7.without any armor or weapons you see a gaur and try to tame it as a pet just to find you cant and get killed

8.you storm through ebonheart to try to find the emperor

9. You don't bother saving the game when your first level character enters a very dark cave lit entirely with red candles.

BANNED
    You buy one cheapo potion of levatition, and use it to early in the game to "fly" to the Ministry of reeduction, find the door is locked and are stuck there with no way down.

you steal the "soul" gems off the desk of the Enchanter in Bolarma, and think you are rich

dont you mean Balmora? Man cant anyone spell in this forum?????

10. you go to pelagiad and think "wow this is a big city"

11. you join the Imperial leigon as a level 1 and use the imperial brodsword

12.you walk all the way to gnisis as a level 1 with a silver dagger and leather armor with no shield just to see the city(walk from seyda neen to gnisis)

help with cheat!

ok so i'm a newbie to the game an di love it! however am having issues with some cheats......printed them out and entered them in exactaly as i saw them on paper and still they don't work! have tried many different versions.....partically intrested in strenght! have a great weapon found balmora...gave my package..etc...but i can't carry all teh crap i'm finding...( most of it i'm not sure i wnat anyways.....just potions...) any help? i'm typing player-> setstrenght 100 and it doesn't work! accckkk!

hahahhahah

Nice job, little missy.

#?: (True Story) Disregarding the main quest you immediately walk to vivec, because you've looked at the paper map and it appears to be the biggest city in the game and you want to be a thief.

2#: You find the first unimportant looking person in a house and kill them so you have somewhere to live. Only to find out later that there are two houses in vivec right next to each other that are unoccupied (one with a ghost in it).

3#: Frustrated that the guards keep killing you because you suck at stealing, you find out that it's actually possible to shoot though doors if you're close enough, so you attack a guard and then run get on the side of the door that opens toward you. Since you're in the way way the guard can't open it and sits there running at you without getting to you while you whiddle his life away with a shitty bow and shitty arrows. Since he dies before he gets to talk to you, you don't get a bounty.

4#: You do all of the above in a shop, strip the guard of all his items and sell them to the shop owner.

5#: You get your major skills in thief character to level 35 without leaving vivec.

6#: You find out that the best way to make money is to get really high mercantile, find all of the shop owners with a lot of money and buy all their arrows and then sell them back for more than you paid. Before leaving vivec.

7#: You need a strategy guide to figure out how to solve the downing puzzle under the temple.

8. You have a VERY high bounty and you try to run to mournhold as a hideout

For those who dont know what that does...well let just say I spent half an hour running around the city from gaurds,high ordinators and some guy in speedos (The high guards are faster and tougher and have healing potions. I had to set speed to 200 just to get away (barely)

p.s. dont hurt the man in speedos

p.s.s. Mournhold is on the computer version for those who have x box!

#9 - You cheat to get a lot of money so Gaenor wont kill you in Mournhold, without realising that he tries to kill you anyway if you give him 1,000,000

#10 - You buy the Door Opening scroll so you can break Vivec's lock

#11 - You finally manage to kill an ordinator and think donning his armour is a good idea

#12 - You think Corporus beasts are zombies

#13 - You spend 3 hours trying to find a levatating potion to get back to the top of Tel Fyr, not realising the Dwemer Boots of Flying actually fly

#14 - You steal everything and sell it in Seyda Neen just so you can afford the boat trip to Khuul and spend a great 7 hours trying to reach Castle Kaarstag without dying

#15 - You don the heaviest armour you can afford and get annoyed that in fights you always get knocked down

16 - You get to the end of the game and think "oh, thats a cool explosion. Who the hell were the dwemmer anyway?"

17 - You are convinced Nerevar is an ingredient in a restore Magicka potion.

Morrowind, and noobs

Yes, back in the day i was guilty of many of these noobish things, but i was six when i first played the game, and now here i am 13, and i got teh game back for tehg ame of teh year edition so i like mournhold, and can relate and laugh at some of these things. yes, i have just become a teenager, go ahead, i will let you marvel at my intelligence in this game, if you arent marveling you are sitting there saying "God, this is one stuck up punk" "who the heck is this guy?" or "just another new member.....greaaat"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast