TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: you know you're a newb if...

Um ok so were you like showing off in that last post?

18. You climb dagoth ur volcano thing as a level one just to get killed by zombie things

19. you see a cliff racer and say "Oh my god- A dragon!!!" (like me )

Quote Originally Posted by Tomco890
    Um ok so were you like showing off in that last post?
    Nah, he was just saying what all people think of those annoying 13 year olds who come on and say "I L33T PW3N UR AZS!!!!!!!! OMG I SUPA H4XXORZ!!!!" and think they are smart for doing it. As well as the non-internet teenagers who think they're smart for gracing the world with their existance. The teenager who realises that acting like that is just thick is in reality the smartest form of teenager. Or human for that matter (appologies to any mer or beast races who happen to be reading this )

20: You think its a bug in the game when you are over-encumbered

21: You think Lycanthropy is a form of lepracy

Ok..................though i still wish i knew what H4XXORZ or whatever you said meant....but suuure...lets go with that....

Thats what I was thinking but seriously what does that mean?!

22. you see the entire map of vvardenfell and say "this is a small world"

23. whean you first play you say to yourself "where do I get the first gun?"

24. You swim out into deep water and stay there to find out what the flashing red light means.

25. You systematically visit every town just to steal from people.

26. You try new thigns just to see if it will kill you.

27. You used a walkthrough. (It's not that hard of a game)

28. You constantly run around naked just to hear people say, "How free of you to venture in the nude."

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonseye
    Ok..................though i still wish i knew what H4XXORZ or whatever you said meant....but suuure...lets go with that....
    To be honest I have absolutely no idea. I think its just a phrase the immature people use on forums and MMORPGs to describe themselves as better than everyone else.

29. You use the scroll of Icarian Flight over and over, reloading each time, thinking your doing something wrong when landing

OK, Ok, so now its turned into who was the biggest noob when they started off! Well I take the cake! So im gonna put it as #1.

Official noob if...

1. Your so excited when you purchase the game, reading the manual all the way home in the car. You load it up, start the game, have already researched into the best character to load. Easily choose customize character, know that you wanna be dark elf etc. SO oyu complete that and dont really wanna do it again so you need to save! but.... How the hell do you save????!!!!!!!! Push start - no option! Walk around - perhaps there are save points???!! No save point!!!!!!!!! Fight die - repeat 10 times. Notice that when you die the save option comes up But alas you cant choose it cause you are dead. And of course have to creat character all over again... Hmm perhaps sleeping will save?! find the nearest bed just down the hall from where u create character... Nope that doesnt work!! Give up after 2 - 3 hours

Fire the game one last time before burning it! try all of steps above for another few hours, search internet and google "how to save in Morrowind" but nothing! Create character one last time talk to that dude who gives u the map to see casuis - walk outside - push start and pause and wallah - 2 days and much frustation later you find that after talking to whats his face and walk outside there is a Save button in the start menu afterall - welcome to Morrowind, you are officially allowed to save!

Morrowind.TTLG.com

Quote Originally Posted by purple dragon
    - push start and pause and wallah -
    Thank you for officially murdering the French language.

Voila! Voila! Magic! Presto! Stupendous and superb! I'm not even sure what voila means.

Quote Originally Posted by Striker
    Thank you for officially murdering the French language.
    thanks for pointing out my spelling error, buddy! Would Japanese be more suitable next time:

スタットボタンを押してからやっぱりセーブ出来るぜ!

When I was a Morrowind noob, I walked from Seyda Neen to Balmora. I had no idea how to toggle the run option. I did not have the game manual at the time because my boyfriend did not think to take it out of the box and give it to me and I was ignorant of games in general so I never thought to ask for one. I do not now remember how long it took me to walk there, but I remember thinking, "There must be a faster way to get there." I had no clue about silt striders either. *sigh*

That must've taken a while I usually run from city to city anyway, I only take silt striders when I have really little health or something like that.

2.can't figure out how to open the first dwarf ruin

3.try to swim to sothiem

Where is the problem in swimming to Solstheim? Whenever you need to go there might as well do it and get some athletic training on the way there, save some gold too, might even find a pearl or two along the way.

you try to swim to mournhold
    you get lost in the wilderness
    you keep plates and spoons
    you run down your fatigue
    you have magic? COOL!
    you don't like the game because you don't know what to do...

that japanese....do you have any idea what you just said?

3.you wonder why you fall whean wearing heavy armor and low fatigue

4.as a level 1 you decide to see waht the big spot in the middle of the world is so you walk

5.you pay the ashlanders the money in the imperial leigon missons

108. You know you're a newb if... You can't count.

Seriously you guys. We've had one person who can't read Roman Numerals, one person to completely miss six numbers, one person to count '3' twice, and the count has started over four times (with the most recent time starting over from two).

Anyway, 108 is the official count. You know. In case anyone wants to know.
    Last edited by RyushiBlade; 23rd May 2006 at 16:45.

Good call spo lets do it the RIGHT WAY

109.you get attacked by an ashlander so you think your wanted and walk to town to turn your self in

110. you steal a ordinators armor and thean talk to him

111. you do the above thean wonder why he attaked you

112. You cant figure out how to get past the guard at the beginning of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Cardel
    16 - You get to the end of the game and think "oh, thats a cool explosion. Who the hell were the dwemmer anyway?"
    How does a noob beat the game?

113. you run from mudcrabs
    114. you think the game sucks because you miss when trying to hit/fight someone
    115. you sell the "package to ciaus cosadus" (or whatever his name is)
    116. follow people around until you realize they go no-where important

Morrowind.TTLG.com

117. When you get out of the Census office after getting the orders, you pick the lock of the door right in front of you and go inside. You then hide from the guard patrolling up and down the stairs because you think he'll try to chase you when he sees you. After a few minutes of sneaking and dodging him, you find out that he doesn't care.

118. You are always out of fatigue
    119. you go into everyone's house and take everything and sell it , then you go buy sword and armor and think you're ready to take on ghost gate, you come across a man that tells you "Ghost gate is not for the weak oulander", you like his armor better, you save, try to kill him but he kills you instead, load the saved game, go inside ghost gate, contract blight, and get killed by a corpus zombie guy.

True story!

Ya know ashi its actually preet easy to kill dagoth ur as a noob

yo use the consol and warp to dagoth urs place thean set ur strength to 100000000 and run throuhg the place killing everything thean use a cheat guide and kill dagoth ur. thats how noobs do it

120. u get attaked by the darkbrother hood and manage to kill him but thean as a lvl 1 go to mournohld and try to find an kill theam

121. u kill dagoth ur and become the neveraine and thean think that now that ur a god if u kill someone u wont get wanted

You don't even need to cheat to "complete" the storyline, as can be seen in some truly awesome speedrun videos. Potion scumming/advanced knowledge of lewt will get you through.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast