TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: you know you're a newb if...

you know you're a newb if...

list some crazy newbish thing you might do in morrowind.

1. you wonder why you make people hate you by admiring them

2. you search for the mudcrab merchant in towns trying to find a house that says (town)-mudcrab merchant-trader.

3.you have no idea what morrowind lore is so you try to look up "vivec" in the dictonary when someone says his name.
    Last edited by shoehorn11; 3rd Dec 2004 at 15:26.
    I've got da rolley on my arm and im pourin chandon and roll da best weed cuz i got it goin on.

4. You steal everything in the first house you go to and sell it.

5. Yor enjoy fighting cliff racers!

6. You spend hours trying to find a place called 'Sargon'.

7. You think you're the richest man in Morrowind when you reach 800 gold by selling everything you can in Seyda Neen.

8. You can't find Cassius Cosades, despite having been giving paper marked 'Directions to Cassius Cosades.'

9. You sold/dropped/they mysteriously disappeared and I swear I didn't do anything, the directions and the package to Cassius Cosades.

10- you answer Socucius Ergalla's questions to create your class...
    11- you think dagoth ur is a dragon... or even something more than a colorul human with claws...
    12- you get scared when you enter a tomb...
    13- you get lost in the wilderness...
    14- you call pelegiad, 'Pelegaid'
    15- you call saltrice, 'satrice'
    16- you call marshmerrow, 'marshmellow'
    17- you call cornberry, 'crayonberry', or 'comberry'
    18- you buy the coolest weapon you can find and realize you cant hit anything with it, then you think the game sux...
    19- you walk everywhere
    20- you dont take anything from anyone's house... concidiring they'll get mad at you...
    21- you go straigh to the top, or the center of the map to see whats there...
    22- you keep fargoths ring... "Who's fargoth?"
    23- you try to pick locks in front of guards with an apprentices pick...

24. You try to steal eveything off the table of the trader in Sedya Neen, and then wonder how he can see you. "I don't get it! I had the Sneak button on!!"

25. You frequently lose a rat fight.

26. You keep thinking that those big flying jellyfish are the nastiest-looking enemy in the game, and keep attacking them first before they can attack you.

27. You frequently lose a kwama forager fight (DAMN THEIR PARALYZATION!)

28- you are an argonion with the first argonion face that comes up...(cuz you don't realize that you can customize your charicter)
    29- you look at your birth cirtificate and your name on there is, "Complete noobi-Doobie-Doo".

Quote Originally Posted by marklo
    5. Yor enjoy fighting cliff racers!
    Having comleted the main quest several times, with expansions too I still enjoy the cliff racers. I do wish there was more variety in terms of airborne opponents though. I do prefer ranged weaponry where possible, and picking these off is a delight, although even then they can sometimes catch me by surprise.

And a couple of suggestions from me for the list.

xxx. The Puzzle Canal seems an intriguing place to visit
    xxxi. Ditto for the Clockwork City

30. You wonder why you don't level up despite killing a bajillion monsters.

31. You're really dumb like me and actually use those scrolls of Icarian Flight.

32. You're surprised that, upon entering the trade house in Sedya Neen, the shopkeeper will have your ass if you try to grab stuff off his shelves.

33. You manage to successfully swipe some crap off the shelves using your uber-1337 n00b sneak skillz. You then promptly try to sell it back to the shopkeeper...

34. Desperate to get rid of your stash of moon spice so the trader in Sedya Neen will do buisness with you, you forget there's a barrel in the Customs house you could put it in, and end up running all the way to Hla Olad to hide it in a box...

35. You stumble about, unable to see your assilant anywhere about or above you, and die in great confusion by a Kwama Forager.

36. Taking a look at the night sky, you see it is a perfect opportunity to take a walk naked on a moonlit beach. Unfortunately, you're so mezmerized by the clouds, you stumble upon a mud-crab, and, pissing your jungle-themed boxers with panic (you've already gained a level by this point, and killed that assaassin after only 30 times with the autosave and thinking the bastard's back), flee into the sea to be eaten by a devilfish (true story).

32. You use the console to level yourself up so you can FINALLY kill those guards.

33. You purchase another game to play after MW because it won't take long.

40.when a bully calls you wimpy you say "HEY!! i'm not wimpy!! i have 20 strength points!!!!!"

41.when you say "OH MY VIVEC!" and "WHAT IN THE NAME OF ALMEXIA!! "

LittleFlower
    Quote Originally Posted by 37637598
    14- you call pelegiad, 'Pelegaid'
    14- You still can't spell "Pelagiad" .......

Ya, well F**K YOU buddy! you know, you have half a mind to be comin in here talkin shit bout' me! dude, get a f**king life! you must need to go back to school or something you stupid dumbshit!

PS! you know i'm kidding... right?
    well then... I am
    hahahaha i bet your laughing your ass off right now (sarcasm)
    and yes... i don't know how to spell most wordz. well, im actually just too lazy to look it up! I freakin thought pelagiad was pelegaid... and i thought tel branora was tel borano, and i thought hla oad was hila ode, and i thought seyda neen was seda neen so... ya. i have lazyness problems...

I still can't spell palegaide. Or say it.

Ya... well, at least i'm not the only one...

Real men spell PelaXgiad with an X and say it with an F. Pelah Fiad!

On arrival you are instucted to use the Silt Strider to get to Balmora. Misreading the instructions you end up walking there. Still, I got to admire the night sky!

42.When you grab the dagger in the census office in sedya neen and run up to a guard thinking you can kill him.

I did that with the gaurd inside the census office. Thankfully he didn't attack back so I eventually killed him, then I tried attacking the weakling without any armour, he attacked back...

43. You pick up the dagger and then proceed to attack a guard (or anyone else) outside without having shortblade as a major/minor skills!

44.When you are in the wilderness and you find a worm and run away into a city to have the guards kill it even though you have a spark sword

45.you attack a kwama and miss so you think that you cant hurt theam and run for your life(thats how I started )

46.you are afraid of mudcrabs

I was guilty of all of these long ago...

47. You run away from attacking guars.

48. You don't realize that you can just drop your moon sugar on the ground before talking to a merchant.

49. You select Hand to Hand and Unarmored as your only offensive and defensive skills.

50. You get lost travelling to Balmora from Seyda Neen.

51. You get lost walking down a foyada.

52. You spend more than 5 minutes looking for "choice treasures" in the Puzzle Canal.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast