TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045505560 ... LastLast

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

Here he is!

Hmm. . it turned out kinda dark. I think that's what I was going for, but you can hardly see the blue against the closest building. . behind the rope. Oh well.
    And it only took me a night and a day to do this!!. . . .but I think that's 'cause I wasn't intermittently playing hours and hours of Shadow of the Colossus like I did with the last one. .

Beautiful ! Now that there, is a true Garrett! I adore that expression, it's too... too human. You capture people very well.
    Blessed are those who learn to judge the path for what it lacks, and in industry make it better for thy brethren.

thank you! (the secret is photo references )
    I tried to make him look a little more fierce, but that kind of backfired, so now it's picture showing a rare glimpse of insecurity. . . .the arrow got stuck in a rotted wood beam that half-broke off and he knows that if he put his full weight on it the thing would break so he's currently trying to tug it loose. . .and thinking, "Come onnn. .COME ON, dammit! Someone'll catch me! DAMMITF***ING ROPE!! COME ON!"
    ^_^

Gah! Oh my!
    It's beautiful...I mean he's beautiful!

I love his innocent expression...er...perhaps not the best word. Oh you get the idea.

Sorry about my enthusiastic mood....I am having a great day! And this made it better.

P.S.You are so good at drawing hands. I can't draw them worth peanuts.

Excellent work!

Come onnn. .COME ON, dammit! Someone'll catch me! DAMMITF***ING ROPE!! COME ON!"
    Hehe.....It's like his first night.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer
    Here he is!

Hmm. . it turned out kinda dark. I think that's what I was going for, but you can hardly see the blue against the closest building. . behind the rope. Oh well.
    And it only took me a night and a day to do this!!. . . .but I think that's 'cause I wasn't intermittently playing hours and hours of Shadow of the Colossus like I did with the last one. .
    Ahh, that one looks much better. Nice work.

Okay....some T3 art.

Spoiler for the end.

So.....Garrett has taken the young pickpocket under his wing. Hmm.....not a bad new beginning .

Ummm.....I came up with this in 5 minutes and I have completely ruined it. Garrett's face was perfect....it was cold and sharp. I had to outline it so it would show up when I scanned it.....I should NOT have outlined it! Now he looks too young. Oh well.....this went through a lot of designs before I settled on one I liked.

Anyone who wants to colour it is more than welcome.

Enjoy.

BUILDER'S HAND!!!! I am sorry about the three posts.....I seem to be having some technical trouble.

{Edit}: Fixed it
    Last edited by Keeper Anakara; 27th Jan 2006 at 01:45.

P.S.You are so good at drawing hands. I can't draw them worth peanuts.
    Thanks! I also have difficulty drawing hands too, but only if I'm drawing them small on a full figure. .drawing them when they're big and up close like that is much easier. The easiest thing I found to do when I'm trying to draw hands or some other body part is to just take a photo of it from myself and draw from that. I used my own hand for Garrett's in that picture. . modified slightly to make it look more masculine.
    And if you really want to get into anatomy I would highly recommend the book "How to Draw the Human Figure" by Louise Gordon. Seriously, it's like my bible.
    By the way, your Garrett picture is great! I love the way his cloak billows around the little girl.

Here is a Cragscleft zombie with a squirrel in it, eating the zombie from its inside:
    Oh now the picture works! .. hehe. . poor zombie. . .that looks a lot like something David Firth would do. .

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer
    Here he is!

I like the picture very much. The fact that it is Garrett from Dark Project is awesome. I think, personally, that the background looking more like Thief II is the particular Level Of Detail in your piece. It almost looks like a cutscene from Thief II. That is nice! The Dark Project, again personally, was as notorious for it's brilliant gameplay and storyline as it was for it's remarkably gritty atmosphere. This, was brought on by the graphics engine. I was so absorbed into the game, belief was completely suspended and the graphics suddenly grabbed the senses.

Thief II was polished just enough to avoid this wonderful grit.

Thank you! High praise, indeed. .. I think the reason the background looks more Metal Age-ish is because I couldn't find a decent official layout painting from Thief I

JOY! A whole new slew of Thief art. . . perhaps I should just be submitting it to the circle instead of posting it here. .

Clockwork, you inspired me to do a thiefy self-portrait. . I wanted it to be similar in style to the end credits from Thief I
    (hair is not my friend. . grrr. .)

Damn pagans. .

*sigh*

Last edited by Episkopos Stephanus; 29th Jan 2006 at 13:32.

That is the best picture in the world, Steve!!
    We demands MORE!!!

Last edited by Episkopos Stephanus; 29th Jan 2006 at 13:32.

A little something... no smudge tool was abused this time

Wow, that's pretty cool. The arm looks like there's something wrong with it, however. .like it's too small for him. . .but otherwise it's really nice! Very moody and atmospheric.

too small? try "perspective"

I love it.

It's brilliant enough to make me post here!

Edit: I think the arm is just fine.
    Last edited by Spitter; 31st Jan 2006 at 18:46.

B:U

+10 Massive Bonus Points

too small? try "perspective"
    The perspective isn't working. It's still too small. But that's really the only thing wrong with it!

You're obviously "misreading" the picture. The guard stands with his upper-arm at 90 degrees to you (his upper arm being hidden by his body), and his forearm bent out in the distance, which is the part that you see.

Consequently, as you are only seeing his forearm and it is approximately the length of his upper arm away from his shoulder, it looks smaller.

Previously Important
    The picture's good. The perspective IS wrong.

With the light hitting the upper arm like that and the forward angle of the arm in general, the impression is that the right arm is detached and actually hovering a good foot or two to the right of his torso. For that perspective to be correct, that guard would either have to have a deformed / atrophied arm, a detached arm, or a tiny arm coming out of his right pectoral muscle. Also the lack of apparent foreshortening in the arm itself contributes to the perpective issue.

There are three ways I can see to fix this:
    1) place the arm lower (but you'd have to redo the upper arm / bicep so that it didn't look like he had an arm growing out of his hip)
    2) move the arm back more so that it was clearly being held nearly flush with the chest (but that would make it nearly invisible)
    3) greatly increase the shadow on the upper arm to reinforce the idea of depth

Clearly #3 is the easiest, while probably not the most correct.

If I can add one more thing .. .put a bit more light and midtones on the thumb. At first I thought that right hand was a left hand until I looked at it hard.

There is a light source coming from the front, so showing a bit of the chest, and lower bicep area would help give it the illusion of depth. So, you'd depict the chest in front of the upper arm, then the upper arm/bicep in front of the forearm. Just showing a bit of light hitting a chest-plate or something, then a little on some wrinkles in the crook of the elbow area would do it I think. Not a lot, mind you- you don't want to over-work it.

Although the anatomy is off, the forshortening is all right as it is but it's depicted in a way that you have to look twice and figure it out, and if you have to do that, then in practice it doesn't work. Except to your mom, or somebody who wants it to work for your sake.

Great atmosphere though, nice and subtle. Overall- good job.

And Episkopos has my vote for the best little thief ever drawn.

Can we move on please ?

that arm is evil, I swear it forced me to paint it like that even though I knew it was wrong

Page 10 of 92 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415202530354045505560 ... LastLast