TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166 ... LastLast

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

The Architect
    This is not supposed to be Viktoria, though certainly kindred. This was actually meant for something else (though I made it with good old Vik in mind), but after a surprisingly juvenile response to it, I remember that thou shalt not cast thy pearls before swine. So I'll cast them before taffers instead.

Let the OMG WTF OHS NO FANNY begin. (Basic paraphrase of the previous reaction.)

Level 10,000 achieved
    Very anatomically correct!

But the vines going out of her head and ear are just lol

oh and her nose is kinda crooked

This is actually very good. I'm impressed. It does sorta resemble Viktoria. At least along the idea of it. Very creative.

Now for the critiquing, should you wish to tweak it, I have to agree the vine apparently coming out of her ear is a little odd in the placement. lol Lower or higher might look less odd. Also the line of her right hip (well, our right, her left, but hey) is a bit. . .er. . .lumpy. I realize you're trying to make that side 'stick out' a little more, due to the position she's in. . .but it does seem a little too lumpy. The curve would remain fairly smooth, even if it goes out more on that one side. Also her foot on that same side seems a little swollen, like she's retaining water or something. Might want to slim that down a little make it match the other foot a bit better.

Otherwise, its very well done and creative. Far more interesting than plain old vines. Good name for it too. Its what sprang to my mind when I saw it. *grins* Was going to ask about that too, until I saw the title. lol

The Architect
    It is kinda goofy. It was never meant to be not goofy.

I really appreciate your comments, Elentari and henke.

I'm not going to edit it further, but I appreciate the critique. The ability to see what's wrong with your drawings is what helps you be able to improve... and I feel like I need alot of improvement. Usually what you are the most critical about your work work are things that other people never notice, and the glaring errors to others can be things the artist never notices. I also really don't have the free time to be doing silly drawings. Work work work.

It usually comes down to faces, hands, and feet.

Faces I seem to always get wrong. I always tend to make the eyes too big and the nose winds up crooked.

I see what you mean about the foot. Belive it or not, this is actually only my second attempt to draw bare feet. I scourged the internet for photos of them (and legs too... it shouldn't be that hard to find photos of legs...) to give me an idea of how the things should really look.

No ammount of searching for reference images helped with the hands. Unless you find something in the exact right pose you want, it's pretty much do it right or it looks like crap. I don't think I was particularly successful with them. Even after putting them on her hips, a great cop-out, one of the easiest finger positions to draw, it still ended up bleh.

I am going to hedge towords respectfully disagreeing with the lumpy hips... I think that when you're that skinny (can't you see those ribs?) the pelvic bones should jut out... she'd need to put on at least 20 more pounds or so before her hips smoothed out. But I am really not an expert on these things. It's just a best guess.

And yes, I tried to make the second vine coming out of the back of her head, but it ended up looking like it came out of her ear, so I just went with it and hoped it didn't look too dumb!

BANNED
    Nice pic, looks like a cross between Victoria and Poison Ivy from the batman comics!

Good job, this thread needs more anatomical correctness. And your shading is top notch.

The Architect
    \o/

What this really does it make me want to actually draw Viktoria and some thistle-aids.

FINALLY, my Shalebridge Cradle pic

. . .man, that kinda turned out weird. .

That is bloody incredible, does a good job of capturing the tension of the cradle

'Bloody incredible' is well-said... I really like the shadow of the puppet and Garrett's face...

Thanks! I like it more now that I'm looking at it today. . .maybe I was just tired last night. .

Wow! That is quite good.

I may have found a new wallpaper!

I like that shadow. It reminds me of Nosferatu.

Dear mother of Jonas - that's incredible work! Oh the envy T_T heh. In agreement on the excellent job you did capturing the tension - I can definately feel it -mutters to self and desperately attempts to get back up to scratch in art-

Not even close in comparison to some of the talent I've seen here, but I was proud of this at the time:
    http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h2...ttAttempt1.gif
    Done as a sketch, but my camera sucks so had to go over it so you could see a taffing thing -mutters-
    Last edited by SneaksieFeet; 13th Oct 2006 at 19:33. Reason: image to add

Actually, I think the tonal imbalance in the background (caused by the camera?) makes it look cool, and I like the flow of his cloak, and how it's a solid black shape. Very nice design. . .I wanna say art deco, but I'm not sure whether or not it falls under that category. Either way, very nice!

Oy, Lady Taffer that picture is very cool. Nice atmosphere to it. Gets me on edge just looking at it. *snabs it for her thief archives*

Just one question. . .why is his mechanical eye red?? I know they portrayed it that way in TDS. . .but. . .uh. . .why? Sort of makes him look weird.

Great picture, though. That puppet shadow is superbly done.

I'm impressed, LT. The shadow looks very life-like, especially on that wall texture.

SneaksieFeet, I like the Art Nouveau thing you got going on in that picture. The camera/lighting and paper grain also made a nice effect. I'd suggest inking your sketches so you don't have to do so much post-processing and possibly ruining those effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Elentari View Post

Just one question. . .why is his mechanical eye red?? I know they portrayed it that way in TDS. . .but. . .uh. . .why? Sort of makes him look weird.

They portray it that way in Thief 1 and 2, as well. It's supposed to be sort of a burnished coppery-sort of color. .so that you can tell it's metal. When it's in the darkness like in my picture, metal like that would naturally look sort of dark-reddish.

thanks for the feedback, by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Taffer View Post
    They portray it that way in Thief 1 and 2, as well. It's supposed to be sort of a burnished coppery-sort of color. .so that you can tell it's metal. When it's in the darkness like in my picture, metal like that would naturally look sort of dark-reddish.
    Really? I did not notice that before. I mean, I noticed it in the TDS cutscenes, of course. But not in the first two games. Of course you don't really see his face in those either. Just in the pictures, but I still didn't notice it. Now I have to go back and look. I suppose its more 'believable' than them producing a mechanical eye with white enamel or something. lol

Permanently Enlarged
    i think theres a cutscene where Garrett's doing something to his eye in Thief II, and you get a glimpse of it in his hand, or so i remember. Also, you can see it in his character skin.

"I didn't like the way she smiled when they let her light the fire in the lounge."
    Something Lauryl said while I was playing the Cradle mission several hours ago, and immediately I had this image fixed in my head: the pyro-lady, close-up, staring into the fire, an expression of childish fascination and a faint, triumphant smile tugging at her lips... I just had to draw it, and that's the reason I'm still not in bed. X_X
    I don't think I got the expression I wanted to get, and she probably looks a bit too healthy for someone getting shock therapy treatment for breakfast, but what the heck...

There you go: "Visions of a Pyromaniac"

Good night, I'm going to bed. (Good morning, more like...)

Wau! ...sorry, [switching to English], Wow! The most beautiful insane I've ever sane...seen.

Hey Poison Ivy! That is beautiful! Great job!

The Architect
    Circle fan-art gallery has been updated with new work!

Finally!!!
    I've finished the piece I've been painting on and off since June. Mostly off. :/

Well, it's finished now...

http://ic3.deviantart.com/fs12/i/200...by_Kaytara.jpg

Page 16 of 92 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021263136414651566166 ... LastLast