TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435404550556065707580 ... LastLast

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

jtr7
    Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Gzumillo View Post
    I've used 3ds max 8.
    it does resambles hitman... never noticed that
    AND he's bald! lol I made him bald because making hair is too damn difficult.
    I have a render of his head without the hood:
    Not to mention hair takes ages to render I know from experience.
    Nice work, Gzumillo . You're a better character modeler than I am.
    Did you do a course or anything like that. I did two years in college getting qualifications in Multimedia so I did quite a bit of Max.

Quote Originally Posted by Solabusca View Post
    Some very appropriate imagery interspersed through this site.

http://freespace.virgin.net/stephen....html/front.htm
    Those are cool, and strangely appealing. Some would make great desktops. :->

Quote Originally Posted by Andarthiel View Post
    Did you do a course or anything like that. I did two years in college getting qualifications in Multimedia so I did quite a bit of Max.
    I never did any course, but it's a several years old hobby of mine.
    Did you fininsh your college course, what are you doing now? Ever since I got into college i've been finding less and less time to dedicate to cg (it's not an art related course) that kinda sucks, specially when I start surfing the web and looking at great works on galleries like this one, for example, or mod sites.
    I guess this kinds of conflicts are normal I like physics as well, I just wish I could do both! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Gzumillo View Post
    I never did any course, but it's a several years old hobby of mine.
    Did you fininsh your college course, what are you doing now? Ever since I got into college i've been finding less and less time to dedicate to cg (it's not an art related course) that kinda sucks, specially when I start surfing the web and looking at great works on galleries like this one, for example, or mod sites.
    I guess this kinds of conflicts are normal I like physics as well, I just wish I could do both! hehe
    Yea, I did and I got a Certificate 3, 4 ,Diploma and Advanced Diploma out of it. Currently looking for work and contemplating wether it's worth the money to go into a Degree Course(like University).
    Ah yes, one of my friends does Physics at Uni.
    I've made two 3 min animations in the past but my characters look quite cartoony.

New pic

Hi all! Made another pic by accident. Well not really. I started archery & noticed how unrealistic some thief pics look becuase you never see Garrets bow, if you do he is always holding it in his hands. So where does he put it when he isnt using it? Anyone notice that you dont see the bow on Garret in T3DS? Anyway heres a idea for how he should transport it when not using it...

This one works: http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs25/f/20...artofdutch.jpg

"I mean... you must be incredibly strong..."

jtr7
    This is a glimpse at the original box art, still seen in some countries:

The bow's on his belt, but it seemed too phallic and was removed.

Oro?

What do you mean?

Anyway Im gonna see if this works...

Just cant get the pic to work, wonder why...

Anyway, putting the bow on his belt is still too far fetched, I mean think about it, Garret uses a longbow which is far too big to carry around in his belt. If he was sneaking the bow would be swaying about & could knock something over & make noise so not the best idea. However putting the bow over his shoulder so that the string is behind him & the bow on his chest just seems a better idea or he should just use a crossbow which is more portable?

His guiver must also be made not to rattle with all those arrows in there...

Final try...

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7
    The bow's on his belt, but it seemed too phallic and was removed.
    I rather think that is a part of his tunic.

The Architect
    It's a shortbow, not a longbow. A longbow is equal to the height of the person using it. I may be totally off base with this, but I was always under the impression that the shortbow was either kept on the quiver, somehow attached, or just right on inside of it. Made sense to me, grab the bow and an arrow in one swipe.

And yes, that bit was part of his tunic, though the strange thing coming off the back of his hip is still suspect.

ArtofDutch, I'd suggest making another attempt at the face in your drawing. Remember, as far as the entire cranium is concerned, the eyes are roughly centered from top to bottom. Work our your line of symmetry from the top of the skull to the jaw, and then a center line which goes around the entire head horizontally from front to back. If you work out these two crossed circles correctly, you have the position of the eyes. Of course, then the trouble is, how close together or far apart are the eyes? But you don't seem to have that problem. To give you a hint as to what's wrong, your eyes are much too high, and the right eye is much higher than the left one.

jtr7

I have a rather short bow (although I suspect that the term short bow – at least in German – is like short sword rather something RPGish and nothing really used elsewhere), namely the Samick Korean Horsebow with a 50" string (you can see it in the rope arrow thread). In a bow case attached to a belt around the waist (similar to this one, but carried on the back), I think this is the best version one can carry a strung bow with having both hands free. But even so this thing is as hindering as a sword, i.e. ventilation shafts are not recommended.

Maybe if I shoot my video about the first real rope arrow, you'll see it.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 7th Feb 2008 at 10:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    And yes, that bit was part of his tunic, though the strange thing coming off the back of his hip is still suspect.
    If you look at a larger, brighter version of that picture (like when the game starts up), you can see that the "strange thing" is the tip of his dagger's scabbard.

Those paintings are sweet, especially the one in the forest!

Quote Originally Posted by Benvox2 View Post
    Those paintings are sweet, especially the one in the forest!
    Thank you

Here is my latest Thief drawing. You guys may remember me when I used my old name here(I lost the password, lol), I was GreenJeanz.

http://greenjeanz.deviantart.com/art...ieves-76672143

Edit;
    Here is a new pic I JUST finished;
    http://greenjeanz.deviantart.com/art...trait-77955002
    Last edited by Nitocris; 20th Feb 2008 at 18:48.

"City Watch Tactical Resolving Forces". (Basically SWAT.)

Hehe cool SWAT dude! what did you do that with?

And thats some great artwork Nitocris! left you a DA comment

Quote Originally Posted by Benvox2 View Post
    Hehe cool SWAT dude! what did you do that with?
    I use only MS Paint.

MS Paint Again. Bugbeast hanging out in the city.

Agentin posted these in the German Eidos-Forums:

http://www.directupload.net/galerie/47030/EsnjJ46PH5/0

Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ... 51015202526272829303132333435404550556065707580 ... LastLast