TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 510152025303540454647484950515253545560657075808590 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2287

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

  1. #1226
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: Deutschland
    This thread IS MY BUSINESS. And anyone else's.

    And just to be not off topic: If you look hard enough there is an ugly and sleazy Thief drawing by me and probably my only one.

  2. #1227
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2003
    Location: Purgatory
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Garrett View Post
    Yes, with a mouse but not as you may think I draw sketches and then scan them and turn them into brushes, or take photos and turn the different shapes into brushes. It's tough work even like that, but much easier, I assure you, than actually trying to draw with an effing mouse.
    I probably should have figured that, I remember trying to draw anything with a mouse.

    But I'm more of a physical media person myself. I'm trying to get into digital, I have a tablet now and everything, but the lack of... hmm, texture? throws me off.

    Also your newest is gorgeous!


    Platinumoxicity: yours is really neat too, but I keep looking at where the face should be. No criticism meant though; faces are hard. Faces and hands.

  3. #1228
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    Platinumoxicity - I suggest giving her a bandana to cover her face, with just her eyes poking through!

  4. #1229
    BANNED
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Italia
    However Platinumoxicity: your female characters are always very sexy!!

    Keep on it!

  5. #1230
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2005
    Location: Heart of Darkness
    Gave her a cloth over his face because she was fugly.

    Last edited by Platinumoxicity; 12th Jun 2009 at 18:38.

  6. #1231
    Member
    Registered: May 2009
    Location: Hurr Durr
    Nice shadow of a dragon on the top cloth

  7. #1232
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    Looks like the face is too small and/or the hair is too big, but the texturing and colour-work is top notch! I'm still amazed that you do this in Paint!

  8. #1233
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2005
    Location: Heart of Darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Platinumoxicity - I suggest giving her a bandana to cover her face, with just her eyes poking through!
    Done, and looks better!

  9. #1234
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: Thief fan since ca. 1999
    Nice. I'm guessing that thing she is holding is a replica of the golden vase from TDP?


    I don't know how you do such great detail in just microsoft paint, but your work always looks great.

  10. #1235
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2008
    Location: Essex, UK
    That looks much better now!
    I really like it! Put it on dA, please - I want to fav it!
    I've got to try Paint one day....

  11. #1236
    jtr7
    Guest
    She looks like she's just left the scene of a burrick attack, taking the gold and getting out of there as fast as she sneakily can.


    Good job on the texturing, and yeah, with MS Paint!

  12. #1237
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2005
    Location: Heart of Darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvLee View Post
    That looks much better now!
    I really like it! Put it on dA, please - I want to fav it!
    I've got to try Paint one day....
    I almost forgot about that completely. Thank u, "Wind girl"

  13. #1238
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    Looks awesome now!

  14. #1239
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: in your second eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    Gave her a cloth over his face because she was fugly.

    http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2412/thieffe2.png
    I like this image and the metal gear concept very much
    Was this girl painted in paint (MS)?
    Last edited by Digital Nightfall; 14th Jun 2009 at 07:25. Reason: don't quote images on the same page as your reply

  15. #1240
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2005
    Location: Heart of Darkness
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    I like this image and the metal gear concept very much
    Was this girl painted in paint (MS)?
    Microsoft Paint yes.

    Update:
    And so is this!
    Last edited by Platinumoxicity; 13th Jun 2009 at 19:16.

  16. #1241
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2008
    Location: in your second eyelids
    Seriously amazing. :O At least for an ignorant in this art, like me.
    You could probably do famous arts like this too, eh?

  17. #1242
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Location: In the Present Perfect
    http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs49/f/20...rr_garrett.jpg

    A Hammerite complex, new crap (I really feel it needs working on). Find Garrett on it!

    I think this definitely is over 800 pixels, but Master Nightfall shall edit the post if he wishes so
    Last edited by Digital Nightfall; 14th Jun 2009 at 07:24. Reason: I wish it

  18. #1243
    jtr7
    Guest
    Just remove the "[IMG]" tags.


    Good stuff!

  19. #1244
    The Architect
    Registered: Dec 1998
    Location: Lyon
    I like the last image alot. I hope it inspires an FM!

  20. #1245
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2008
    Location: Essex, UK
    Found Garrett!

    Great work.

  21. #1246
    BANNED
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Italia
    Quote Originally Posted by Herr_Garrett View Post
    http://fc08.deviantart.com/fs49/f/20...rr_garrett.jpg

    A Hammerite complex, new crap (I really feel it needs working on). Find Garrett on it!

    I think this definitely is over 800 pixels, but Master Nightfall shall edit the post if he wishes so
    Damn!! I don't know how the heck you are able to be so faster!! And this drawing is also detailed!! It's vectorial graphic? You've done some copy/paste with other silhouette already found in internet?

  22. #1247
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2008
    Location: Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by massimilianogoi View Post
    Damn!! I don't know how the heck you are able to be so faster!! And this drawing is also detailed!! It's vectorial graphic? You've done some copy/paste with other silhouette already found in internet?
    He has said before that he uses a lot of custom brushes made by himself, or sometimes by other people.

    Brushes is like premade "stamps", that makes it possible to make complicated shapes without actually needing to draw them by hand.
    The brushes can consist of vector graphics, but the image you are seeing is normal, non-vector graphics.

    EDIT:
    Made some new progress on my short cutscene/movie today.
    Here's a new image:
    Last edited by seventyfour; 14th Jun 2009 at 16:30.

  23. #1248
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2008
    Location: In the Present Perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by seventyfour View Post
    He has said before that he uses a lot of custom brushes made by himself, or sometimes by other people.

    Brushes is like premade "stamps", that makes it possible to make complicated shapes without actually needing to draw them by hand.
    The brushes can consist of vector graphics, but the image you are seeing is normal, non-vector graphics.
    Indeed. The shape of the church it that of Torre Belém. Believe me, it was pretty hard to convert into a brush, but I think still 50% easier than drawing it with a mouse. 'Course, if I had a tablet, it would be much easier... Hey, folks, send me one!

  24. #1249
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2005
    Location: Heart of Darkness
    Herr_Garrett, look! I did it again, see, 25th post, page change, and nobody saw my masterpiece. Unfairness FTW. But you don't need to help me this time.

    Or maybe my pic is actually horrendous and everyone is like, "meh."

  25. #1250
    The Architect
    Registered: Dec 1998
    Location: Lyon
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    Microsoft Paint yes.

    Update:
    And so is this!
    Your best work so far, Plat!

    (on the other hand, I always mentally shorten your name to Plox)

Page 50 of 92 FirstFirst ... 510152025303540454647484950515253545560657075808590 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •