TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9141924293439444954555657585960616263646974798489 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2282

Thread: Taffer Art *Post thy works Here*

Any chance to get a Discarta/Keeper Breadcrumb glyph?

which one is that?

The ones that you follow when you're trying to find the dead keeper in the citadel I think...

that one?

It would be hard to do because the spots aren't connected. I was thinking about it though.

if it's not that one, I can't remember what it was.

It's what Keeper Artemus wears on a chain. At least with the high res texture it looks like a Discarta on a small ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephthys View Post
    It would be hard to do because the spots aren't connected. I was thinking about it though.
    This one is the one I like. But I agree it would not work with the disconnected dots.

You *could* take a bit of license and make it work though. I mean, if you enlarged the dots so they were connected, both to each other and to one of the side-bars. It would not throw the glyph off much, and it would keep the essence of it and let it work for something like jewellery. They could still be 'defined' dots too with both upper and lower sides curved. Like a string of pearls.

Then again - if your class takes you that far, you could have a 'support' bar behind the design and fix some sort of mock-gem - like a few small diamonds - along that to make the dots, and they'd still be disconnected. Sort of.

But yeah, making a glyph like that into something to wear is a bit tricky. Since no matter how you make it, those dots will *have* to be connected in some way. But its still possible to get something close.

Just a thought.

I'm still thinking about it.. I'm thinking I could always to it in a way so that I cut out the actual character from the piece, kind of like a stencil.

I dunno. It's time consuming and fun, we'll see if I still feel the drive to do another thiefy piece

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    It's what Keeper Artemus wears on a chain. At least with the high res texture it looks like a Discarta on a small ring.
    I've downloaded the Thief Glyphs font from some website a while back, I'll see if I can find something similar to the one in that picture. I really don't remember it, so perhaps I'll find it in here somewhere.

Can you give me the link of glyph font?
    By the way,in wears on a chain
    , texture becomes different, is this a patch? If so where can I download it?

jtr7
    It would be tedious to make a font set for all the important ones:
    http://thief.nov.ru/glyphs.htm

jtr7

It's a bit different than the Discarta with that curved crossbar, and it may have a semicircle top rather than two tips, or it could just be a stylized Discarta Glyph, which would seem an oddly aggressive symbol to wear as jewelery.

Last edited by jtr7; 6th Sep 2009 at 10:57.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamadriyad View Post
    Can you give me the link of glyph font?
    By the way,in wears on a chain
    , texture becomes different, is this a patch? If so where can I download it?
    tell me if this doesn't work, since it's a PDF.

but here's a legend of the glyphs.. I'll try and find where I got the actual downloadable font from.
    http://goldsla.fileave.com/Glyphs/GlyphFontKey.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mudi View Post
    The ones that you follow when you're trying to find the dead keeper in the citadel I think...
    I remember what you are talking about now. but I still can't picture what it was. sadly, I don't have my xbox with me and the 360 does not enjoy playing the game :/ or else I would investigate.

It's a bit different than the Discarta with that curved crossbar, and it may have a semicircle top rather than two tips, or it could just be a stylized Discarta Glyph, which would seem an oddly aggressive symbol to wear as jewelery.

you mean this one?

I bet I could do that as a necklace easily. sounds fun :B
    Last edited by Nephthys; 6th Sep 2009 at 18:09.

here we go..

http://goldsla.fileave.com/Glyphs

It's the zip file. and it should work easily... just put the font file into your fonts fonder, and you should be able to use it on Word or Open Office or whatever.

Thanks for the links taffers!

Not that I'm overly nitpicky but I'd like to throw in that the glyph font which somehow got included in the linked zip file was made by Thinman for xxcoy et alii over at Eidos Germany. A few days ago I thought the glyphs on the Russian site increased after this was done but now I see that also the Discarta is included.

cool.

I really wish the first game would work correctly :/ I've never been able to make it work but I really want to play.

jtr7
    Has someone tried to walk you through a fix? Or is it hopeless?
    Last edited by jtr7; 9th Sep 2009 at 20:44. Reason: Dumb typo.

Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by jtr7 View Post
    Ha someone tried to walk you through a fix? Or is it hopeless?
    the thing about it is:
    It runs fine, but the second someone in the game reacts to me, it freezes. Everything else works. I can run all around the street in the first level and open doors and stuff. People talk and music plays, but a guard saw me and the game froze up, the music still played, then it went black and stopped responding. I've tried it on one processor but that doesn't seem to help.
    (message me back about this that way we aren't spamming the thread :P)
    but any tips would help.

Hmm, sounds like the affinity fix isn't taking for some reason. Have you tried using imagecfg to do it? (it's in the FAQ I'm pretty sure...)

Stath, Nephthys, I am glad you like it. And I hope you can fix your problem Nephtys!

Clearinghouse

Page 59 of 92 FirstFirst ... 9141924293439444954555657585960616263646974798489 ... LastLast