TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What Subconscious Behavior Do You Start With On Missions?

What Subconscious Behavior Do You Start With On Missions?

For me I always check for two things:
    If there's a blackjack (since being good, it's my main goto weapon).
    And **if** (Keyword seeing most fanmissions don't) there's a map so I can get a general idea of where I am.

So what about you? What Subconscious Trait have you noticed that carries with you as you play Thief?

1. Check blackjack and compass. If I don't have blackjack then I usually check if it's available on lower difficulties.
    2. Cycle through weapons and items to check what I have. Even if there was a shop before mission, I just want to be sure.
    3. Check objectives again. I know I could read objectives before mission start, but this objectives are shorter, so it's easier to figure out where I need to go.
    4. Check the map for places where I need to go. Also it's a discovery if there is a map in this mission.

1. Check blackjack and equipment.
    2. Check the objectives.
    3. Quick save.

I hardly ever check the map, only if I'm lost and need a clue on where I am.

I check to see what weapons are available, scroll through inventory and then check the objectives. I rarely remember to check for a map. That comes later when I'm starting to feel lost.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Always hit quicksave and then quickload first. Some of my FM dmls wouldn't work without this

Check weapons first.
    Save.
    Look at map.
    Start.

I don't care what the surface is, I know you don't have to squat, but I do it anyway. It might make my missions slower, but I have nothing to prove, and I enjoy them more at a slower pace. Garrett has never missed leg day.

blackjack and readables that trigger new objectives from start

I hit, 2, 8, F4, F5. If I get an affirmative on all four, I know I'm good to go. Then I cycle though the rest just to have a look-see but that stuff is usually unnecessary. Check any readables and the map next. QS and down to business.

I usually scroll through my items inventory and move around a bit to get oriented.