TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lady Lisa's Harbor T2 FM Dec. 6/04

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskers
    there are no switches on the outside of the lighthouse
    spoiler:
    There is one lever at the east side of the lighthouse. It turns on the warning lights (objective). Then look for two levers one on each side of the gate to get back to the starting point.

umm

I thru the 2 levers for getting out, as far as a lever on the east side of lighthouse, it must be invisible or missing. Indications are the upper floor must be reached, and there no way to get to it. I haven't gone back in to see if east side is the side that is unclimbable, question still stands, do i need something to climb up to the back of the lighthouse, i think if there were a lever there, i would have been able to see it from the water even though i couldn't reach it. and what the heck that wheel do?

I really appreciate the quick reply though, thanks guy.

I'm not sure how much you have done, but suspect that you haven't been everywhere yet. Check "The Caves" section at the end of the walkthrough.

seems i ran into a minor bug

spoiler:
    when i first got up on the lighthouse, i of course tried to put a rope arrow there. had a problem getting the arrows to stick, and when one finally did it was impossible to get on the rope arrow. appears the angle is extemely important here. need to stand out away from the lighthouse on one of the little metal things extending away that is not facing a door. Otherwise you will just bounce off the rope, and possibly fall in the water or worse, the landing below.

Whiskers: That's typical Thief, I'm afraid. I found out the hard way too! If you have to climb all the way to the top of a rope arrow and then go up and forward, you should stand well away from the beam (or whatever) before you shoot. If the arrow is nearly vertical then, like you, I can't move forward at the top.

Of course, if you are going to hop off before you get to the top (as in most OMs) the arrow angle doesn't matter.

There may be a way round this. If so, I'm sure an old hand will tell us.

d. Dec 2017

THANKS BBB

This is a great game to play so I would highly recommend it. It was very diverse. It had the city, the caves...wow....and the water adventure.
    I thought I did a beautiful swan dive ~~~~

The best way to deal with falling off or jiggling on rope arrows is to look STRAIGHT DOWN as you connect to it. Saved my life hundreds of times. May be a little less effective for T2, but I haven't had any problems.

You need room to trick around with shooting angle in your case...try leaning right or left to get different connections. As far as I know, there's no way to mantle if your arrow hits at the angle ffox mentioned.

(curious... going to get ready to head home and try this one...)
    Last edited by Ponterbee; 6th Jan 2006 at 21:06.

Downloading now .....................I'll probably will play this one tomorrow.......... but I'm so happy now!
    You just made my d..... oh ...eh ....night!!!
    Well anyway:

Gloria creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

I'm almost done. I'm back near the starting point. I'm in the water and then getting up on the ladder, most to the right.
    Before me I see an unfrobable door. I see a small room with a lamp hanging on the ceiling, and some arrows on a table against the wall.
    On the other side is also a door and a button on the wall (I gues to open the unfrobbable door). Can someone tell me how to enter that room. I can't seem to find that other door opposite of where I am.

Furthermore: I don't know where or how to put the lighthouse lights on. I've been everywhere several times now.

I hope someone gan give me some good clues.
    Splendid mission BTW.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Gloria: I'm a bit confused about where you are and where you've been. Have a look at the walkthrough, and ask again if you are still stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I'm almost done. I'm back near the starting point. I'm in the water and then getting up on the ladder, most to the right.
    Before me I see an unfrobable door. I see a small room with a lamp hanging on the ceiling, and some arrows on a table against the wall.
    On the other side is also a door and a button on the wall (I gues to open the unfrobbable door). Can someone tell me how to enter that room. I can't seem to find that other door opposite of where I am.

Furthermore: I don't know where or how to put the lighthouse lights on. I've been everywhere several times now.

I hope someone gan give me some good clues.
    Splendid mission BTW.

Gloria Creep
    I know exactly where you are because it took me ages to work it out.

spoiler:
    go right to the end of the wharf and then look up - you'll see a wooden section. Shoot a rope arrow right to the top of that section and then mantle up.

Anyway great mission - very creative and nicely drawn. Just the right number of readables and the guards weren't too cranky. I actually found most of the loot without having to scour every milimetre, which makes for a action-packed mission. Lots of ground to cover but not too much backtracking thanks to a logical script development. A very professional job - well done to the author.

Thanks CatAnita. It was só obvious.....but I never saw it!!!

Gloria Creep

Okay, I've FINALLY finished this FM!!! Don't remember why I put it on hold all those years ago, but just discovered that I'd never finished it. Had a hard time locating the Harbor lightswitch and the Lighthouse lightswitch, but finally found them. The whole thing took me (2&1/2 years,) 2hrs. & 49 mins. to complete on Hard. All in all, it was a very good FM! Thanks to all who helped in its creation. I'd like to see more like this one.

Where is that statue collection?

There's a sitting room off of the library in Lady Lisa's house. Check it out carefully.

Spoiler There's a button beside the fireplace.

Keeper of FMs
    I'm getting back into playing FMs & remembered this as one I particularly liked. I was correct. It's done in old style graphics, but that doesn't hurt the gameplay one bit. There is climbing, swimming and plenty of sneaking around to do. If you haven't played this one in a while - or at all! - dust it off & have a go! This is classic Thief. Thanks BBB!

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    I'm getting back into playing FMs & remembered this as one I particularly liked. I was correct. It's done in old style graphics, but that doesn't hurt the gameplay one bit. There is climbing, swimming and plenty of sneaking around to do. If you haven't played this one in a while - or at all! - dust it off & have a go! This is classic Thief. Thanks BBB!
    It is good to see your name in a thread again pavlovscat!! and I will replay the mission for some reason I don't remember the title?

One of my fav authors. All of BBBs fms are great, taffin fun.

-Lady Lisa's Harbour
    -Lord Matt
    -Mighty Joe Young
    -Three Crowns

Finally I finished. I liked it

I got stuck and wasted about 15 minutes running around trying to find the lighthouse switch. There are several wrong hints here that suggest that it's on the outside of the very first building near the starting point. But that's not it. That is the harbour switch. Anyway. Finally found the door, made it to the caves and eventually found the lighthouse - and it's switch on top of the roof.

1h 28min , 14027 / 14377 loot

3.9/5 stars

Very cool mission! Really outstanding!

Fun to play this one again. It's been a while. Got 60 short of max loot in 2 hours 44 minutes and 22 seconds. I remembered the layout mostly, but not the "surprises". Some of the guards seem a little twitchy. Some are easy to startle. The game holds up after 16 years.

The further into this mission I got the more I liked it. 2 hours 32 min to get Lute 14252/14377, Pockets Picked 11/11

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345