TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Thief's Holiday 2004 * UPDATED Dec 2013

What a treat sort of

I love doing all the Christmas stuff in this fm.....not so much in real life.

I can't seem to see the rope arrow...up ladder over to edge by fireplace.........can't see it.

Help?

I went back and restarted on expert and the arrow was there.

I'm a happy camper once again.
    Last edited by maloo; 16th Dec 2004 at 12:44.

OK, I am obviously -- yet again -- a blind imbecile.

Where's the keys? (note -- playing on expert)

Keys

In room with christmas tree
    spoiler:
    with your back to the tree to the right of the doorway up in the rafters right by corner, and in toolshed in bucket

I just plugged in my new keyboard. I just d/l the new version and will surely have lots of fun playing.

Ponterbee Demagogue- you found all 5 cookies on Expert?!? Congratulations, you broke my record of 4!
    Well, one qualification, I found one cookie
    spoiler:
    up in the rafters in the living room near the fireplace - but then later I got hurt, reloaded to a point before that, and then forgot to re-get that cookie. It was driving me nuts after I found the other 4, and then when I finally caved in and read the spoilers, I was floored: but I got all of those! Checked again, and there was that dam&!#n cookie still up there!!

The one I laughed at was
    spoiler:
    the cookie behind the tree in the backyard. After I noticed the painting under the deck, I started backing up to see if anything else was under there (lots of backing up and zooming in this game for me). And then I just look up and there's a cookie hanging on the tree!
    That one was pure dumb luck...

Gosh, this was fun.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Just a reminder to those who didn't notice - there is an HTML Cheats page in the ZIP (it will be in your Thief directory after installing the mission through Darkloader). It is also the Hints link on the mission page at Thiefmissions.

A wonderful Christmas-gift, Yandros!

Thank you very much!

This is an amazing Christmas FM. Thank you Yandros.

Even without any guards I still managed to wind up with only one heath shield.

Well worth the wait, this mission's a blast! Even if I'm going to have that damned Let It Snow song stuck in my head until I next get some sleep, and even then I'll probably still hear it . . .

It's not normal for me to replay a mission the second I finish it. Ominous Bequest, maybe. But to play it on Normal, then Hard, then Expert, then planning on replaying it on Expert as soon as posting is dealt with . . . Not the norm, but then this mission is gorgeous.

I'm just curious about the old rope arrow. Was it deliberately made indestructable? I only noticed this because I thought it would be funny to smash a window open on Expert, considering one of the objectives specifically tells you to close them. Fired an arrow, it didn't get smashed to pieces, and neither did the windows.

The window objective left me dying laughing, because it would be just like me to leave most, if not all, the windows open while it's snowing outside with oldies music blaring on the good ol' record player.

And enough rambling, it's back to listening to Let It Snow rather than humming it . . .

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    Even without any guards I still managed to wind up with only one heath shield.
    I died. It helped me enjoy the mission even more, just imagining the guest's reactions . . .

Everyone walks in, sees everything ready and waiting for them, assumes it's okay to start without Garrett. They enjoy themselves, then look out back with Let It Snow blaring on the record player, and see a black lump of clothes, lightly covered in snow, lying directly below the highest point of the roof of the house . . .
    Last edited by TheNightTerror; 16th Dec 2004 at 18:27. Reason: Noticed a post I didn't see before . . .
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

thanks for the Christmas Present Yandros!

it was more than i could ever hoped for in a holiday FM

Somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong...

Playing on hard,
    spoiler:
    I still can't frob the key in the clock.
    I downloaded the new version, lean, crouch, etc. don't help, reverted back to original T2 through Darkloader. I can't think of anything else to try. I've got all the objectives checked except unlock the front door and still missing one cookie. All the special effects are working fine (looks gorgeous, BTW) so I don't think I have some kind of script problem.

Any ideas?

Edit: I've found the last cookie so I guess it's on to Expert! Still, if anyone has any suggestions please post.
    Last edited by JACKofTrades; 16th Dec 2004 at 20:36. Reason: progress update

I suspect I know what's wrong, but not why it's happening. That key is unfrobbable until you open the clock, and then one of Gaylesaver's custom scripts makes it frobbable. This is so you don't frob it through the closed door.

I don't understand why it doesn't work for you, since I included the custom script module in the mission ZIP. If you already had his scripts installed, then try this:

1. Revert to Original T2 in Darkloader.
    2. Open up the mission archive (with WinZip or something like that) and extract the file script.osm, in the root.
    3. Save it somewhere so you can add it back to the ZIP later.
    4. Delete the script.osm file from the mission ZIP.
    5. Try installing this new version through Darkloader and see if it makes a difference.

That's all I know to suggest... I decided rather than go to elaborate measures to prevent playing the mission if the scripts weren't present, that I would just include the module in the ZIP. Gaylesaver told FM authors it was OK to do this before he went AWOL.

If this doesn't work, I'll make you a custom version of the mission with the key made frobbable before opening the clock and send it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNightTerror
    and see a black lump of clothes, lightly covered in snow, lying directly below the highest point of the roof of the house . . .

Too bad they mistook that for a log. What was that line? "Jack Frost roasting on an open fire..."

Demagogue- the last location in your spoiler was the one I missed.
    Pretty sneaky location, Yandros! (BTW, was the house modelled after a real one? It's just so damned COZY this time around! )

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros
    If this doesn't work, I'll make you a custom version of the mission with the key made frobbable before opening the clock and send it to you.
    Thanks! That's what I call a full service FM designer! That won't be necessary, besides, you've done more than enough work already. I've completed it save getting that one check mark so it's no big deal. I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining. I wasn't, honest.

I'll try your suggestion and post back with the results just in case someone else has the same screwed up system as me.

Thanks for the great FM. I love the atmosphere. BTW, I think I'll have to go look for some TSO cd's now.

OMG, too. many. smilies.

... and see a black lump of clothes, lightly covered in snow, lying directly below the highest point of the roof of the house . . .
    ...And realize another person just returned from the MALL

Thank you, Yandros , for tempting me with this delicious mission (cookies...YUM!) and keeping me from the dreaded Christmas Shopping Spree

spoiler:
    The snowballs were particularly fun Gathered them all gently together, and took them in the house to explode them over the Christmas Tree *Wheee* . Great fun, and no mess to clean !

Heh heh.... personally, I like saving all 19 for the camvator sequence and then plastering G. and his guests with them.

With raetsel's help, I've just uncovered a minor bug. If you do what I mentioned in the above post, the mission doesn't end properly after the camvator sequence (it used to until the last change I made to the mission, which is why I didn't catch it). I'll be posting yet another minor revision (v2.2) sometime tomorrow to fix this. Obviously, it won't be necessary for anyone who's already downloaded the mission to get this fix unless you just want to. You can always use Alt-Ctrl-Shift-End to force the mission to end and see your stats.

Awesome Yandros!!! Found everthing on expert. That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKofTrades
    Thanks! That's what I call a full service FM designer! .
    Tell me about it. I started getting deja vu reading that, if I'd slept recently I would've remembered sooner this was the same fello who fixed up The Summit so I could play it. My poor little video card was pitching a fit, and he went and knocked out the particle effects, which gave me a framerate I could handle. Talk about heaven on earth . . .

Until the death crunch.

For the first half hour of this mission all I did was walk around the gorgeous and homely Thief's Home, listening to the Christmas Song (my very first task was to find those records and turn on the lights in the Christmas tree )! It was wonderfully relaxing -- all that was missing was a glass of eggnog in my hand (or, where I'm from it would rather have been a season's drink called 'glögi' which is basically Glühwein) .

Goregous, relaxing, festive, different, fun! A Gold Hammer for the holiday season!

Thanks Yandros!!!! Last years was a lot of fun, I can't wait to play this one.

Whilst playing this warm and cosy little FM, my Missus asked what I was doing..."I'm sweeping the floor" I said...."Huh, cant do that for me can you"!!!she replied a little sour faced.

Problem is, I think now she is going to start giving me a chores list in the same format as Mission Objectives cos she knows I'll not be able to resist doing them...clever woman!

So, Yandros, you got me a nagging from the missus, but it was well worth it ...great mission

This was a really cool mission! If it doesn't put you in the Christmas spirit, you should probably expect to be visited by three ghosts on Christmas eve.

I beat it on "Normal" and "Hard", with some help (I blow at scavenger hunts ). Just wondering, is the camvator ending any different if you beat it on "Expert"?

I never expected Garrett to be so Martha Stewart-like during the holidays...

I Cannot Read Instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by JACKofTrades
    Thanks! That's what I call a full service FM designer! That won't be necessary, besides, you've done more than enough work already. I've completed it save getting that one check mark so it's no big deal. I hope I didn't sound like I was complaining. I wasn't, honest.
    If it doesn't work, it's not hard to fix it in Dromed yourself. I can PM you directions if you want.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast