TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Thief's Holiday 2004 * UPDATED Dec 2013

I'm very much looking forward to this as I loved last year's version, but I imposed on myself not to play it until right before Christmas. That takes willpower, I tell you!

One suggestion would be to add a compass. Normally a compass isn't needed in a house, but some of the hints refer to compass directions, and I couldn't find a way to determine which way is north.

The front door is on the south side of the house.

Awsome mission! Got me into the spirit, I might actually get a tree this year...

The only downer is I wanted to loot my friends as they showed up at the party...

Alot of work went into this visually stunning Christmas pack.

For the first time in my life I prepared cookies and cake for guests, and unlocked a door exposing myself to more friends than I thought I had!
    And OH, mopping up my dirty floors before they arrive? Now how am I suppose to keep my filthy image? Huh?
    But then, Hey! I got to display my enriched inventory of stolen goods just in time for Christmas!!!! Good thing I didn't sell all of it to my fence, who just happen to be on vacation, during this holiday season!
    PArty Time!
    ♠ĘλŁΔŞΣλŁ

Bah! No PC to play it on now! I'll download this later, when i've built another one.

I had a lot of fun playing this! Thank you for creating this, it really brings out the christmas spirit!

I laughed, I cried

Honestly, I had a lot of fun playing it, and it was a lot less trouble getting ready for garrett's party than my real life ones.

I do want to know where the music that is playing outside came from. Is very pretty (as is that version of God rest ye merry gentlemen)

Thank you

ZylonBane
    This was an amazingly cool missionette. A bit frustrating at times, but then searching for well-hidden stuff has never been my strong point.

If Yandros ever feels like putting out a final-final revision to this, there a few technical things that could stand improving--
    Some of the graphics have transparent pixels in them where they shouldn't. This is especially noticeable on the sinks.
    The size of the massive music WAV files can be significantly reduced by saving as ADPCM instead of PCM.

Thank you very much, Yandros!

May you also have a Merry Christmas.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs
    Bah! No PC to play it on now! I'll download this later, when i've built another one.
    You'd better... I dedicated the mission to you, taffer!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethne
    I do want to know where the music that is playing outside came from. Is very pretty
    Look in the readme - I cite artist and the album it's from. Actually, I originally made that sample for DCE Act 1, where it will also be used outside in the snow (although in that mission it may not seem as pretty since the mission is much darker).

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane
    This was an amazingly cool missionette. A bit frustrating at times, but then searching for well-hidden stuff has never been my strong point.

If Yandros ever feels like putting out a final-final revision to this, there a few technical things that could stand improving--
    Some of the graphics have transparent pixels in them where they shouldn't. This is especially noticeable on the sinks.
    The size of the massive music WAV files can be significantly reduced by saving as ADPCM instead of PCM.
    The victrola records also have transparency around the edges... I just never bothered fixing it. I doubt I'll ever do another version of this, although the fact I STILL didn't make the holographic carolers means, maybe...
    As for the WAV files, I'll look into that format... the two audio programs I use may support it. I'd love to save space. Actually, in Beta2 I used MP3's but the install time was over a minute and I found it annoying, as I imagine many others do... and the difference in archive size was less than 5MB.

I just tried the conversion. The original music files were ~11.3MB at PCM 16 bit mono (one stereo) At IMA ADPCM 22,050k 4bit mono they weigh in at ~3.9MB. A huge savings. However they just don't sound good enough IMO. For this "mission" I think the extra fidelity is warranted. I didn' try IMA ADPCM 44.1k 4bit mono (which usually sounds much better) since the source files had a rate of either 11,025k or 22,050k to begin with.

I know for sure that my WAV editor doesn't support 4-bit files. I have to convert original Thief files from 4 to 8 bit using dbPowerAmp before I can even open them in the editor.

ZylonBane
    Are you SURE you're sure? When you go to File -> Save As, any audio program worth its salt should give you a dropdown list of every installed audio codec... and unless your machine is screwed up, at least two flavors of ADPCM should be in there.

This was a fun little mission, Yandros. I didn't have any problems with the game itself. I played on expert so I did have to consult the walkthough a couple of times for some very well hidden items! I kept missing one final item but Nightwalker came to my rescue. Nice ending too.

Good job, Yandros!

Shadow Creepr- did you play the other difficulties yet? They're all different which made the mission that much funner (funner??)!

This is a great mission for kids, too. Hunting around for Christmas cookies is every child's dream!

Two more days, two more exams, then holidays, and I'll dive right in. Looking forward to it!

yea !!!! party !!! lol
    Last edited by shadowrevan; 21st Dec 2004 at 09:36.

Help a surface challenged taffer! How do I get up to the rafters in the living room? I can get on top of the bookshelf but can't manage to climb the rafters

are you playing on expert?

if so :

spoiler:
    in the kitchen: look on the wall adjacent to the left side of the fireplace (on your left and up) for a rope arrow, you have to get up in that crawlspace to get it

What she said is definitely the easiest way to go (and its location is also in the Html spoiler page included in the ZIP).

You can actually mantle up onto the partition wall by jumping onto the fern in the corner (in the area where the victrola is) and then pulling yourself up. From there, you can mantle onto a rafter and then start jumping around. But the rope arrow is definitely easier.

Great! Thanks I actually managed to finally do it without a rope arrow lol jumped on that room separator and up to the rafters

Quote Originally Posted by I HAVE NO HALO
    yea !!!! party !!! lol
    You have no idea how much I'm anticipating the passing of today and tomorrow.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast