TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: A Thief's Holiday 2004 * UPDATED Dec 2013

A classic for me!!! Replay it every year!!!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Thank you Maga and everyone! Now that Codex Beta 2 is in the hands of the testers, I'm currently updating this mission for NewDark, making a few minor adjustments to utilize new features and making sure things aren't broken. Someone mentioned to me privately recently that the records weren't working in NewDark, but they work fine for me. I still may make a few adjustments to the scripts to try and ward off issues. Did anyone else have problems playing it in NewDark this year?

Cool.

I'll admit I haven't tried it thoroughly on NewDark yet. I was trying to play it in 1.18 the other day in multiplayer with a friend. Your mission is still one of my all time favorite missions, at least when it comes to wintery/holiday related.

I would have played it on New Dark, yes, and I didn't notice anything off. The records played fine for me. I was wondering if I had all the scripts installed, since I remember the key in the clock wouldn't frob if you didn't have the right script in, but it frobbed just fine, so that wasn't an issue.

By the way, this is the 10th time I've played this* for Christmas! How 'bout them apples.

*...If you count the 2003 version too.

I played it on NewDark, and had no issues at all, the records were playing just fine.
    I still LOVE it after all there years!!!

I'm doing my yearly play-through of this mission and something occurred to me.

I seem to remember it being mentioned that the wall between the kitchen and the living area was added because of engine limitations. Since Newdark has been released is there any chance we can have another version without the wall so we can bask in even more holiday-ness no matter which room we are in?

Either way I look forward to this mission every year! Thanks Yandros!
    Last edited by Jitz; 17th Dec 2013 at 14:38.

Yes, the wall, and the auto-closing doors, were in fact added to prevent too many objects from being in view, a limitation of OldDark. I already have a new version of this mission I've been working on with a few little changes, and will play around with removing or changing that wall to open the house some more, and will try to get it out before Christmas. But it won't be a major overhaul, just a few tweaks to take advantage of NewDark.

bikerdude
    @Yandros, if you ever start editing via the Darkmod, you can help me get the TDM version of this map completed....

Don't plan to biker, but if I ever do I'll be happy to help.

Replayed it yesterday.......

d. Dec 2017
    Playing on Expert. I just cannot find cookie #2 "on ground outside main gate opposite front door." Finished everything else. I want to see how it ends.

Go out the front door and straight ahead, to the large gate which is closed. Crouch down and it should be just on the other side of that gate, you can frob it through the bars.

Related note: I expect to release an update to this mission this weekend. Don't expect much, it's mostly to update the included scripts, flame bitmaps and reprocess with 32bit lightmaps. I have opened it up a little by enlarging openings and removing part of a wall, but no texture upgrades or major reconstruction.

Careful Russ. That's a load bearing wall. Don't take out too much or the roof might collapse from the weight of all that snow. I'd hate to see a lawsuit coming your way this holiday season.

bikerdude
    Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Replayed it yesterday.......
    Hah! never say never to the Darkside ....

A Thief's Holiday 200413 (version 3.0) is now available! It requires NewDark. Thanks to clearing for providing the first mirror. I will also update the thread title and original post.

Download from Darkfate

Changes:
    • Updated to NewDark (32-bit lightmap)
    • Updated scripts included in the ZIP to the latest
    • Improved flames and victrola
    • Opened up the interior a little bit

Nothing else was changed, so the gameplay is identical and the cheatsheet is still accurate.

Great! Downloading now.

Oh WOW! Thanks man!

Just played through again and even though the objectives are the same, the view is so much better. It amazes me how good this engine can look 14 years later, even with the updates.

Nice job Yandros!

Downloading! Thanks, Yandros. I usually manage to forget the loot locations every year, so replaying remains enjoyable.

what a adorable mission

btw i got a bug . I cleaned all the 6 dustpiles in Expert, but goal doesn't clear.
    Last edited by nickie; 22nd Dec 2013 at 03:27. Reason: Spoiler cover added

Master Builder 2018
    Are you sure you got them all? I just tried it and the goal completed for me.

Thanks a bunch Russ!!!!
    I just replayed the 2004 version, but will be delighted to play this updated version as well!
    Thanks again!!!

Where's the door key in normal?
    i'm so stupid. It's the only thing remaining. Tried to play in expert but it was rampart!
    Excellent looking mission. Done with great care!

As a reminder, the cheat sheet is here: http://thiefmissions.com/hints/ThiefsHoliday2004.html You can drag your mouse and highlight a cell to reveal the spoiler cover.

Apostrophe you'll kick yourself, the key on Normal is on the window sill right beside the front door.

Kokobollo, as Tannar said are you sure you got all 6 dustpiles? Do you still have the dust broom in your inventory? It should disappear when you have all 6 and the objective ticks off.

I kicked myself.

Great ending. Garrett is an introvert, invented only the dearest.
    I'll keep an eye on your work, Yandros.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast