TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Some New Screenies UPDATED 08-03-2006

Vertical Contest Winner 2009

Some New Screenies UPDATED 08-03-2006

about 15% of the architecture is done, there are still a lot of areas to build, a brief tour of what i have.

Last edited by Ottoj55; 3rd Aug 2006 at 14:50. Reason: New Shots to add

and the rest

I feel so small now...

Ty, my head was in the clouds for awhile there.

Impressive sir....impressive

Breathtaking...

This is definitely mechanist (GRR!) but I love the grittier, more T1 style.

WOW!!!

Those screenies look awesome, Ottoj55.
    Keep it up!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Holy sh!t Jason, those are unbelievable! The attention to detail, all the gizmos and gauges, all the metal surfaces, are really impressive. Can't wait to play this one! I especially love the metal staircase in the second shot.

ZylonBane
    Shaggalicious!

Regarding all the banding and pixelation in the skybox, have you tried converting it to tinted monochrome? What program are you using to do the conversion?

That's great (schwaa starts searching for moss arrows).

I think that wood footlocker looks out of place though. You should retex it to metal. Of course the wood does give some contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwaa2
    That's great (schwaa starts searching for moss arrows).

I think that wood footlocker looks out of place though. You should retex it to metal. Of course the wood does give some contrast.
    Nice work Ottoj55!

@Schwaa2 ^ maybe there's a note inside that says: "We confiscated this & contents from a Pagan..."

the skybox was converted with paintshop optimized with error diffusion to 256, i'm open to suggestions, though i don't have the original files to work with anymore, only the gifs. the crates are being reskinned, i had a skin for them that i lost. they'll be metal with rusty trimming when done.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55
    i don't have the original files to work with anymore, only the gifs.
    AAAAAAARRRGGGGHHHHH.

Never never never ever ever get rid of source files!

/learned that the hard way years ago

I love your style, very realistic, great textures and new objects. This one is going to be great !

i know, lost the source files, i can generate a new skybox from terragen, but the sky is the least of my worries really, if its a little pixelated i can deal with that for a while. the next task is the next part of the mission, which moves away from the large rooms to something smaller.

@redface, the plan is to build the level without ai as a real place would be built, all the gizmos work, all the furniture is in place, like its frozen in time, then add the dynamic elements puzzles and ai. the level will have a lot of little effects in it. i need to get into farcry a bit for some visual inspiration soon.

all the metal textures that you see on the sub except the gray stock ones are my own, its actually a handsaw blade i scanned and massaged to the texture then added different bolt patterns to. i find them very useful and use them everywhere, they are in all the metal objects and textures i've created for myself they are so nice. the rest of the textures come from the photoreal pack on jason's site. a little sizing and viola, at least a few are max payne textures.
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 23rd Dec 2004 at 15:26.

Some new screenshots, i got the big pipe models from the watcher and the red lites from sluggs.

Wish Mechanist missions in T2 were more like this.

trying to make it look more like farcry than thief with the design if possible. i'm also using the mechanist gear everywhere, with their religious belief's i'm casting the mechanist as the nazi's and basso (yes its going to be a basso mission) as indiana jones in this one.

Those lights in the very first image seem to be lit wrongly. The entire object is illuminated but really only the bottom part (inside the shade) should be.
    In Anim8or, you should create a new material using that texture (and give it a name you'll recognise).
    Then apply the new material to just the faces inside the shade.
    When you convert the model you can set an ILLUM property. 100 is fully lit.

BTW are you using my Improved Lamp Glass textures for the original lights (e.g the HangingSpotFlush)?
    I don't mean to sound spammy but the originals are rubbish.

Oh yeah...nice screenshots

i made those lights a while ago, i'll look and see what the lighting is like although i'm sure i got the lighting right it was one of my first objects, they may have the spotlight property on them as well which introduces a vector that could be pointing the wrong way, and i'll grab your better light eventually, i'm making a huge lamp right now for another area of the mission.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    A -ive Z offset on the light/animlight prop would also illuminate them from below.

Looks great so far! So much that I have yet to learn.

i checked the lights near the floor, the lighting is right, it points straight out of the lamp, the lamp is on the wall, and so low that the floor is better lit than the rest of the room, moving it up and tightening the spotlight on rendere i get a round light on the opposite wall, i think its just odd to us to see a light so low to the ground. i've also started to adjust the radius on every light to give basso the best opportunities for hiding
    Last edited by Ottoj55; 11th Jan 2005 at 23:51.

Those are great shots. Everything looks so nice and clean.

I like that dirty concrete texture, colouring and the atmosphere....
    What is the date of release?

i'm looking at release sometime in october 2005, takes a long time to get the detail where i want it.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast