TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 24 123456111621 ... LastLast

Thread: The UNN Fan-mission! Release 1! Download here! (update: new screenshots!)

The UNN Fan-mission! Release 1! Download here! (update: new screenshots!)

Well everyone, after many, many hours of work, I present to you the first two levels of my fan-mission, Return to the UNN!!!

I've put up a little website containing some screenshots, the story, and other info, and includes the download of the fan-mission.

Special thanks to Zylonbane for cool ideas, playtesting, and a smooth new skybox (among other things). Also, I will release another version soon, which will include audio logs, new events, and more levels!

Go here to read the info and download the mission!

The UNN fan-mission homepage!

EDIT: THe above link is the newest version: all of the bugs mentioned have been fixed. It is fully playable and beatable!
    Last edited by blaydes99; 7th Feb 2005 at 14:36.

\o/

00:35. School at 7:30 tommorow...Who needs sleep? SS2 FM UNF UNF UNF

w00t on you

Woohoo! Another FM! Fresh meat for me to sink my FM-starved teeth into.....

Enchantermon
    Is that considered flirting?
    TNTís Lair
    Citadel Conversion Project

Great stuff! It reminds me of the beginning of DukeNukem3D, which is cool. Some of the monster placement is a little odd IMO, but otherwise I have no complaints. There are some bugs I found that you might not know about:

Some protocol droids don't attack.
    Can't pick up the Chem Manifest Log.
    Amanpour's log is completely unchanged.
    I couldn't use the full power cell I found on my dead Brawnboost.

Keep up the good work!

Looks good! I just hope I don't have to sneak around for 30 minutes trying to find a weapon... *shudders away Proov flashbacks*

Quote Originally Posted by Ajare
    I couldn't use the full power cell I found on my dead Brawnboost.
    You tried to use a power cell on an implant? Do you mean battery?

I'm going to fix a few bugs and update the file. I'll let you know when to re- download it!
    BTW, some of those protocol droid are docile, to kind of fulfill their role of service droids (such as standing around to collect movie tickets, etc.)

Thanks for the feedback and enjoy the mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Waffnuffly
    Don't be ridiculous -- why would he use a power cell on a battery????????!1?///11

Looks good! I just hope I don't have to sneak around for 30 minutes trying to find a weapon... *shudders away Proov flashbacks*
    You said it! I still haven't found the wrench.....

Enchantermon
    Is that considered flirting?
    TNTís Lair
    Citadel Conversion Project

You guys need to be a little more observant. There's a wrench above five feet in front of you right where you start the level! I thought you Shockers liked to search all the crates and stuff. I'm not sure how you missed it but I'll make it more obvious.

If you haven't already, make sure you upload the FM to ShockUnlimited.

OH MY GOD A NEW FM

Ok that out of the way. Sweet finally a new FM to play. Though I`ll wait for the bug-fixed version before I download it.

How goes the bug-fixing Blayde?

Can't wait to have a play of it

SS2 FMs are so damn rare compared to Thief FMs.

I withdraw my remark.

Quote Originally Posted by blaydes99
    You guys need to be a little more observant. There's a wrench above five feet in front of you right where you start the level! I thought you Shockers liked to search all the crates and stuff. I'm not sure how you missed it but I'll make it more obvious.
    We were talking about FM Proov. Your wrench was easy to find.

[Edit] And for general reference, this mod worked fine when I renamed the zip to .ss2mod and installed it that way. This might make stuff easier for some people.

Well, I just finished this little package on Normal and it was quite enjoyable. The Cyborg Assassin, though, really pissed me off because my gun jammed before I had a chance to use the AP bullets on him. Perhaps a repair tool near the pistol / a pistol on 3 or 2 would solve this.

I really liked how you utilized almost every feature available in such a small map set. I never died and needed the QBRM, but it was nice knowing it was there. Also, the bulkhead activation switch at the end of the level got blocked by the door: it kinda opened with a central pivot and angled in a weird, awkward way, so I had to duck down and scoot nearly off the edge of the platform to select it.

I REALLY liked the detail you put into the architecture and mesh placement. Everything looked realistic. The tight hallways with glass ceilings were my favorites.

One thing that was weird, though, was how on "Ops" (map 2) the skybox was so black and starry while it was bright on the lower level. When you go back and forth between levels to upgrade stats, the skybox transition looks kinda odd. Other than that, the overall construction was nice. I wish there was more breakable stuff, though, such as windows. Are you planning to expand on this any more? Perhaps have the shuttle take you to a heavily infested military base? By the time I found the AR, it was too late to be effective / there weren't enough cyber modules to use it.

[Edit2] One more thing: I noticed this on the first level, but not on the second when (presumably) the same actor was used in that other room with the two of them:

It may just be my version of the game bugged up from mods, but if you have any thoughts let me know. Good job on the levels!
    Last edited by Waffnuffly; 13th Jan 2005 at 22:04.

[QUOTE=Waffnuffly]We were talking about FM Proov. Your wrench was easy to find.

Whew! I'm glad you saw it without a problem. Thanks for helping me iron out those bugs as well. I know that that darn hatch covering the switch near the shuttle is a little messed up, so I've already fixed that. The sky issue has been brought up more than once, so perhaps I'll do something about it

And yes, don't worry, more is on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by icemann
    SS2 FMs are so damn rare compared to Thief FMs.
    It almost makes me want to learn to properly play Thief just to experience all the fanstuffs =/

We were talking about FM Proov. Your wrench was easy to find.
    Whew! I'm glad you saw it without a problem. Thanks for helping me iron out those bugs as well. I know that that darn hatch covering the switch near the shuttle is a little messed up, so I've already fixed that. The sky issue has been brought up more than once, so perhaps I'll do something about it

It looks like a lot of you have many secrets yet to find! Has anyone found the secret area above the cyber shop?

And yes, don't worry, more is on the way!

Thiefs not that hard to learn really. Learning to use sound and shadows to your advanage is the biggest hurdle. The rest is just icing.

I`ve played a few of the FMs for it, but the only one I REALLY liked was one where you got to be a zombie.

Blaydes99: Has an updated version been released? got that impression from your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by icemann
    Blaydes99: Has an updated version been released? got that impression from your last post.
    Yep, the updated version is up and ready for the taking. (Note: still no audio logs)

Quote Originally Posted by Minion21g
    If you haven't already, make sure you upload the FM to ShockUnlimited.
    I submitted it for upload on ShockUnlimited - is there anything else that I need to do?
    Last edited by blaydes99; 14th Jan 2005 at 10:49.

ZylonBane
    This has been a really fun mission to beta-test, and blaydes has been adding content to it at a phenomenal rate. Every time he put up a new version, whole new completed areas had been added! I'd say the construction is almost Irrational-quality.

Dunno how he does it. We should rope him into writing a tutorial or two.

Hmmm....maybe I should reinstall SS2 for this. But where do I get the disk space? I already brought the number of installed games back to 8 (including a major mod)

How long is this FM?

I played some time (on impossible) now and I really like it.
    Are you a fan of Jedi Knight by chance? Parts of the FM reminded me of the game.
    I found a wall damage texture in one of the first toilets that pops through the steam when you get close to it. And the Vader breathing behind one of the counters seemed a bit out of place. But these are minor things.
    I enjoy your FM, thank you for that!

Kolya

And Audiologs would be really neat of course.

Vader breathing? You mean The Body of the Many's breathing.

Well, it's a bit of a city mission and I really love it, I think I'm about halfway through.

Quirks: -
    spoiler:
    the corpse of the cyborg assassin with the keycard vanishes with time, it took me while to get to the top floor after sniping him from down-below, I got the keycard 1 second before he dissapeared. Or was that scripted?

- While the new water particles are great, their behaviour is a bit strange, could have used a lil' more tweaking.

Back to it.

EDIT: Well, I am finished and I must say I'm quite impressed, I loved nearly every bit of it and the gardens most certainly had atmosphere, more, more! (I don't recall shotgun pellets being so effective against rumblers though)
    Last edited by Thiefsie Fool; 15th Jan 2005 at 04:19.

Great FM. Just taking a quick pause of it, for a quick post.

I should point out that your chem manifest log in the 1st level is wrong. I went there whilst researching monkey monkey brains which requires FM. On the manifest it says there is 2 of it there, which definately wasn`t the case as well as several other things there.

I`m guessing the current version of the level uses the medsci manifest log?

Love the new sky texture. Works very well in the level . I look forward to the upcoming versions with all the logs and emails in there.

[edit]

Found an extra bug in the garden level.

spoiler:
    If you happen to crawl down the spider tunnel and try to go up the ladder if the hatch is down, the nearby camera will see you as well as all enemies nearby

[edit 2]
    2 more found in garden level

spoiler:
    A rumbler was chasing me towards the pool room and disapeared just before entering it. Then a new rumbler appeared with full health back in the spawning area for those.

The 2nd bug is around the first lift thingy. Everytime I go there I can hear a rumbler running around. This may not be a bug, but I thought I`d report it.
    Last edited by icemann; 15th Jan 2005 at 06:39.

Page 1 of 24 123456111621 ... LastLast