TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year, Mister Lambert! by Gaėtane

Here's a list of all the secrets I have managed to find so far:

spoiler:
    1. Upstairs, in the "library" there is a trigger on the right side of the fireplace base, just by the floor. It opens the metal grate in the fireplace. (Thanks to ShadowWolf421 and Dino; I was wondering why there was blood under the grate :-))

2. In the guard shack outside the entrance. The trigger is behind the bunk to the left of the fireplace, by the floor. (Thanks, Dafydd!)

3. In one of the servants' rooms (two bunks, two lockers), frob a crayman's head trophy on the wall. It opens a secret door in the opposite wall.

4. In the bathroom there is a very small lever under the table, on the left side of its support. This opens a hidden compartment behind the potted plant.

5. In Hendersen's room (the one with the blood-stained carpet) there is a hidden switch somewhere in the table. I couldn't find its exact location but I managed to frob it: Get as close to the table as possible and face the golden thingie on it. Then look down (about 45°) and click. It's tricky but it can be done.

6. The last secret is in a small basement room. It's the one with the letter from Larson lying on a table and

a painting of a skull hanging directly above it. The trigger is somewhere behind the left window curtain. I didn't see it but "using" the bottom right corner of that curtain did the trick. I was very lucky indeed to discover that one!

7. In the hall with the Christmas tree, use the statue near the huge banner to make it move aside and reveal something very useful.

Some of these apparently don't count as secrets as there are only five of them. (Probably 1. & 5. as they are plot-related).

Enjoy this great mission!
    LOTHAR
    Last edited by Lothar; 2nd Feb 2005 at 12:59.

OK, I'm still stuck.

OK, I've got All the three M-guy safe codes, but not Sir Lambert's code.

I managed to get the lady to come out, and BJed her, and found the secret place in her bathroom (all it had was some more loot, though). I assume, though, that the "Balcony key" she was carrying is the same door I previously managed to bash open with my sword. The important thing for me was finding the invisibility potion near the Christmas Tree; that allowed me to kill the haunt in the Lambert quarters. So, I have access to the Lambert quarters and have read his journal explaining the safe system, I have the three other guys codes, so WHERE THE HECK IS SIR LAMBERT'S CODE so I can open the safe?

Thanks in advance. And if I was not supposed to BJ that woman taking the bath, sigh...

- prjames

Gone, but never forgotten
    spoiler:
    To look behind the door of the bathroom.

I'm 10 loot short....:-(

[QUOTE=ShadowWolf421]ok I'm 110 short of the loot requirement on expert,

I am 10 loot short of the minimum on Expert from completing this one.
    The search goes on.
    Albert

I have a loot list for this one. If anyone wants it, just email me.

Dafydd[/QUOTE]
    Is there something else up high?

spoiler:
    Look up on the ledge above the postal buliding for a couple of gems

Strange thing.

I found the Mazarin key

spoiler:
    in the fireplace. Decided to take his body out to see if he had something else in his pockets worth a farthing. Put his body on the floor next to the table. Locked the grate and then reopened it only to find that the body was up in the chimney again.!! Looked behind, and sure enough he was gone from the floor.

Other than that I am truly entertained. Thanks a lot.
    It's so easy, but I can't do it.
    So risky - but I gotta chance it.
    It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about

Ghost
    Okay, finished with a clean ghost and all the secrets, thanks to Lothar!

Hint for ghosters:

spoiler:
    To ghost Jack the Haunt (which seems to be everyone's sticking point), stay on the small balcony after he appears, get in some shadow, crouch, open the door, and wait until he calms down. Once he's no longer alerted -- not a ghost bust, a scripted event -- you can sneak in and around him and he won't notice you if you're careful.

Dafydd
    Last edited by Dafydd; 2nd Feb 2005 at 22:09.

has anyone worked out the safe combination? i've played around with the numbers but can't seem to get it. even worse, because the safe has no screen for the combination, i am not sure if the safe is reseting itself to the beginning so i can try again. grrh.

thanks to Dino for adding the info about the switch for the fireplace, i completely forgot

In Lambert's Diary, he tells you how to work the safe code:
    spoiler:
    1+2 = A

and 3+4=B, with A-B = safe code. each code has 1, 2, 3, or 4 then a - then four digits.

EDIT: added spoilers
    Last edited by ShadowWolf421; 2nd Feb 2005 at 20:47. Reason: added spoilers

I just started this one (in fact it's sitting in the background sucking up all my system resources as I type), but I just had to say that Gaėtane did a damn fine job texturing this. It looks terrific.

Ok I have
    spoiler:
    codes 1,2, and 4. I can't get the woman to leave the bathroom. I have been all over the room next to and found the secret room and walked all over it as well. What am I missing?

So far I am enjoying the mission. Nice graphics.

you're missing Mazarin's code. look around for a room thats a small library and check by the fire place

This was a lovely surprise yesterday - cheered me up enormously to find a new fm by Gaėtane. I've finished it now but want to go back for more loot and secrets.

I had the same problem as Dafydd with the tiara but managed it in the end by bumping myself against the wall which makes me dip lower briefly and it then highlighted for a second.

Roll on the next one.

Ok, I found
    spoiler:
    Mazarin up in the chimney but all he had was a key. I figured out what it opens but I can't find his code. HELP! Just a small hint would do.

Never mind I figured it out.
    Last edited by mxleader; 3rd Feb 2005 at 02:38.

Got 5 secrets, 3632 loot, 3 codes but don't have the safe code.
    Where is Sir Lambert's code? Is it necessary to work out the combination?

Ghost
    JaceKA, you have to get into Lambert's room. The door is locked. Think of another way in....

(If you're already in his room, go into the bathroom and take a good look around.)

Dafydd

About Mazarin's code -- ok, I'm stumped.

Found the key, but dunno what it opens or where to look once inside.

Chuckg the key opens something
    spoiler:
    in a room upstairs. check all of the walls in the rooms upstairs and the key belongs to both mrs. and mr. mazarin. She is in a room upstairs.

It took me a while to figure that one out.

Thanks.

Gone, but never forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by JacekA
    Got 5 secrets, 3632 loot, 3 codes but don't have the safe code.
    Where is Sir Lambert's code? Is it necessary to work out the combination?

spoiler:
    To look behind the door of the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadGunslingr
    ... I just had to say that Gaėtane did a damn fine job texturing this. It looks terrific.
    Seconded!

Thanks for all the help!

Gaetane thanks for the great FM.

Nightwalker thanks for the loot list.

coreyb2

Outstanding FM!!

Gaetane, after the great Korrigans, and then this incredible little FM, you are one of my favourite FMcreator!

The story-line that you create is always fascinating, with complexity, a little horror, but also playable, not frustrating with innatural actions and deductions. Very very cool, i like your style!

Merci beaucoup, t'es vraiment fort :-)

--
    Andrea

from Rome (Italy)

How to make the lady leave the bath.
    spoiler:
    She wont leave untill all the 4 codes are found

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast