TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year, Mister Lambert! by GaŽtane

It's
    spoiler:
    in Mr. Lambert's bedroom. Look behind the painting on the wall for the code mechanism.

what does that switch open ??

what does that switch open ?? in sir lambert bathroom

Quote Originally Posted by trudnicki
    what does that switch open ?? in sir lambert bathroom
    Look
    spoiler:
    near the flower pot by the tub

nothing ??

nothing happends with that plant
    should it move, slide or something

No, the bath tub secret is in a different bathroom. The hook in Sir Lambert's bath moves the desk out in the other room, just inside the doors to the hallway. His code scroll is hidden there.

What?! In my version...
    spoiler:
    when you press the switch, a panel opens and there's some jewelry inside. At least that's what I thought. Maybe my memory's rusty already.

edit: Forget it...need learn to read.
    "Bin gar keine Russin, stamm' aus Litauen, echt deutsch." *
    --Thomas Stearns Eliot
    *There's nothing Russian about me, I'm from Lithuania, and German through and through.

Happy new year etc.

Been reading some of letters to this thread. I've been wandering about in the snow for ages. Been in the taven and the shed next to it. I do not seem to get started into the houses. How do I get going??

Mary.

In the tavern there is a bunch of scrolls on a shelf. The top scroll can be picked up and under it is a key to the generator station. Go there and search it well.

Generator station spoiler:
    spoiler:
    Be sure to pick up the crate behind the hole in the wall, underneath it is a key that unlocks the back door to sir Lambert's estate.

Happy new year etc.

Many thanks Lothar,

Mary

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar
    In the tavern there is a bunch of scrolls on a shelf. The top scroll can be picked up and under it is a key to the generator station.
    When I played it the key was completely hidden under the unfrobbable scrolls. I was pulling my hair out almost when I found the key on my 4th or 5th search of the pub. I'd already figured out how to get onto the roof tops but I didn't want to cheat my way through the game. I *knew* there was a key somewhere.

The switch in Henderson's room was also completely hidden. I searched and searched that room. Shooting a rope arrow into the ceiling and looking for switches on the top of door jambs, etc. It was pretty obvious from the blood on the floor where the door was so I knew there was a switch. Not even using an object in my inventory to do the resize trick revealed it to me. Just blind luck.

Argh. Very cool mission but those two were a bit much.

Yes, very fun mission. I would have preferred the Expert loot requirement to be 3000-3200 or so, because I absolutely hate having to traipse around the map hunting for coins after obtaining the primary loot, in this case four priceless statuettes. But another excellent mission, Gaetane.

BTW, did anyone else know the source of the plot? It's the movie "Charade," with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant. In the film, four criminals -- including a Mr. Lambert -- have made off with some gold and things get nasty when they try to split it up years later. Great flick, very fun, and a hell of a lot better than the remake with Mark Wahlberg.

Ronnie

THANKS A LOT FOR THIS MISSION, GAETANE !!

As all of your missions, this one again is also one of the best ever.
    All of it, the snow outside, the way you build that mansion, with that "upstairs/downstairs" feeling, between the servants and the upper class people ............ the drunken people, the balloons......
    I even took time to play with them
    The set-up of the village was beautifully made. It made me think a bit of a Dicken's village.
    You always seem to be able to get a mission "steamed up" rappidly, so it's never boring, no long lockpick-moments, not all too long corridors to walk through, a.s.o.
    You're such a great storyteller! My compliments to you!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Mazarin's key

This mission is superb! I liked every moment of gameplay. But now I'm stuck...

spoiler:
    When I found Mazarin's body in the chimney I was amazed - a
    great place to store bodies, really, like in one Edgar Poe's novel. But problem
    is - I don't know what to open with his key. A door? A chest? Where is it?

I searched everywhere, but still can't find any clue. This mission has lots of
    funny little details like Christmas tree or Rammstein's "Feuer Frei" song in the
    music room, or weird dancing quests. Please, help me to solve my little
    problem, as I can't wait to continue playing.

Yerofea.

There's a bedroom with a lady standing in it.
    spoiler:
    His key unlocks the picture on the wall.

Thank you! Now everything seems simple enough, and I will soon complete this awesome mission. Searching for the hidden switch in the murder room was a pain, but with a little luck and enough stubborness it is possible to find.

spoiler:
    If not blood under the picture on a wall, I'd leave this room after a quick search. But I began looking and frobbing everywhere - voila, the switch was discovered behind the desk after about ten minutes of wild clicking.

Gaetane makes most remarkable and outstanding missions!

Yerofea.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerofea
    Thank you! Now everything seems simple enough, and I will soon complete this awesome mission. Searching for the hidden switch in the murder room was a pain, but with a little luck and enough stubborness it is possible to find.
    A way to make find such switches easier is to bring up your inventory and summon your loot register (or whatever you call, but it applies to almost anything in your inventory). Make sure to keep the inventory open; when you pass over a frobbable item the loot (or whatever) will "shrink." I do this all the time and it makes finding secrets a lot easier but this is surely not original.

Quote Originally Posted by metal dawn
    A way to make find such switches easier is to bring up your inventory and summon your loot register (or whatever you call, but it applies to almost anything in your inventory). Make sure to keep the inventory open; when you pass over a frobbable item the loot (or whatever) will "shrink." I do this all the time and it makes finding secrets a lot easier but this is surely not original.
    Whoa, thanks! I didn't know about this feature. When looking for switches I just kept clicking right mouse button (USE). I like secrets that are hidden well, but there must be a hint or so to make the search area smaller. I knew that there HAD to be a switch, but where? Maybe I got used to those huge levers behind the bookcase, in the fireplace and so on?

Archivist
    Thanks for another great mission Gaetane
    Not just a mansion exploring mission to find some gold, but one with an interesting story. A new year party, dissapearance of a guard, murder on one of the guests, missing statue's from a museum, well done!
    Exploring certain rooms in the mission was a challenge with some hard to find
    spoiler:
    switches

But by reading the helpful books and scrolls and taking a closer look at the location (hey, some more
    spoiler:
    blood on the ground)

I was able to find it. I really like the part where
    spoiler:
    Jack murders Mr Lambert in his office

From that moment, when you're inside his office and read his log the story fits together. Only the question how
    spoiler:
    jack managed to get inside the mansion
    is a mystery, but I think via the iron hatch in the basement
    Also compliments for the great architecture and textures. Not a single room feels empty thanks to all the paintings, furniture, use of wallpaper and the like. The gramophone music and the balloons in the music room, and to see the guests dancing, was very funny. But when I knocked all the guests unconsious, and kicked away the balloons, I nevertheless had the urge to switch off the Rammstein music .
    Thanks again for the great experience Gaetane.
    But after playing this mission I feel I have to work on my secret finding skills. Only found 1
    Last edited by The Phantom; 7th Jun 2005 at 19:16.

AGGGGGG

I cannot complete your mission. Its too annoyingly hard to find anything! Even with the hints here!

Huh? What exactly is it you're looking for?

No forget it. I'm just happy I knocked out the guards etc. For me that's the fun part of thief. I am only just starting the puzzle really judgin by all the posts here. Still, nice level. I have now deleted it. For me thief is the architechture, exploration and the guards and maybe very easy puzzly bits. I enjoyed the first 3 a lot! thanks.

Makes FM finding hard though. I often never complete them

The puzzles are the best part. It keeps your grey matter in gear.

What are you having trouble with? We can help you, if you ask in detail.

Download the mission again - it's really good, don't let it discourage you with the complexity of the puzzles. Plus, you may have missed some of the best architecture.

spoiler:
    The party room was my favorite!

Great great mission! Argh, nobody makes poor missions these days anymore!

I really enjoyed playing this one, party room was my favourity I guess, loud music, shaking guests (ehem.. dancing) and baloons. I finished this FM thanks to some hints posted in this thread. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by jericho
    Great great mission! Argh, nobody makes poor missions these days anymore!
    Not true at all. You just have to be patient (which is difficult).

edit: I only realize now that you meant poor as in "of poor quality." Silly me.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 18th Jul 2005 at 19:27.

Excellent small mission, Gaetane!

I really enjoyed playing it. I've been in this mode of trying to play games all the way through with only occasional "quick" saves, and no going back, but started to get frustrated at the end
    spoiler:
    with the haunt, and had to keep going back to try and sneak by him. I felt bad for him, cause he was Jack and got killed in such a nasty back-stabbing move. But he got my Irish up, and I wound up wildly jumping up on the desk aand throwing myself at him (after swallowing the invisibility potion - too short!) hacking away at the poor guy with my sword, a thing I try NEVER to do with any creature. Finally watched him fall with only one bar of health remaining. A bunch of donuts and cake later, and I was good as new! I could've taken the healing potion, but the cake looked too good!
    Thanks for all the fun!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast