TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641465156 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

I'd recommend adding a bit more detail to the ceiling. In that shot it looks like a flat expanse of concrete. Rest of the room's great but some vaults, or even just some wooden beams would seriously improve the looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stardog
    Come on people, post some stuff you're messing around with. Even if it's total rubbish!
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasWolf
    Especially if it's total rubbish!
    I'm making a "level" made for just taffing and doing silly things. So far, it has my typical lack of UnrealEd (or in this case T3Ed) detail. (It'd be a shame not to try doing detailwork in this, looking at the original TDS levels, and Thief levels in general. Even if I am just taffing around in the editor. )
    So far I have a "guard collection pit" with a convenient ramp to use oil on, and I have a bridge/walkway made out of rotated wall grates, and some climbable walls for no good reason.. 'Tis too bad the AI doesn't try to use the "bridge", opening one of the grates would be fun. I may experiment with other sorts of "collapsable" bridges.
    All in all the level will be made just for having fun (or trying), and will probably be highly nonsensical. And without point. I really ought to plan/draw out a layout and then work from that, instead of making up big empty square rooms as I go on.. (even if it is a messing-around-be-silly level)

Musical composition based missions

I'm not working on this yet but it's an idea. I'm a music composition major at Western Oregon University and one of the requirements of a music major is having a senior recital. I don't plan on having one for another year so I'll have time to develop this idea (around April or May 2006):

A mini campaign using visual and audio cues that correspond to the printed music of the live performers/instrumentalists. Each room and adjoining hallways will have different colors/symbols/sound effects that will tell the musicians which sections to play. There will also be cutscenes to help the story along.

While the live performers are doing the real work I'll be playing Thief (well, I'll be conducting the cutscenes when I need strict timing). Overall it'll be a combination of film scoring and indeterminacy .

Since I am working on it again

This: only with more 3D and making it up as I go...

that layout is huge.. looks good.

Do you all think that my Radeon 9600 XT would run the editor pretty well? I don't see why it wouldn't, I run the game wonderfully with my graphic's settings to their highest in detail. I'm just curious because someone mentioned a requirement like 9800 pro. I dunno, just confirming .

Moderator and Priest
    A 9600XT should run it just fine.

But make sure you've familiorised yourself with the ATi Workarounds to save yourself from unpleasant suprises.

I'm currently working on making an installer for the Editor. Trying to ease some of the pain for new arrivals.

Just assembled a test of the installer. The size is around 240 megs. The zipped version of the editor was around 320 megs I think. That should help out a little bit.

I'm thinking I should definately include some of my fixes into the editor....stuff like, wall hugging invisibility fix and the weapons exposure. Hell, I might even assemble a complete Minimalist Flavored installer for the editor...would people want the true "retro" hud I made or the "minimalist" hud with the numbers that slide in and out. I would be inclined to go retro. Either way, there will only be one version of this installer...so I better make it good. Hopefully someone will be interested in hosting it as I don't have the space.

BANNED
    You might want to inlcude the MP features as options, with a bunch of other options. It would make it easier for FM creators.

Quote Originally Posted by Subjective Effect
    You might want to inlcude the MP features as options, with a bunch of other options. It would make it easier for FM creators.
    The only problem is that there are so many possible variations and files that rely on other files when altered...that I would have to create a pretty bloated installer to do that. Especially if I were to make the gamesys tweaks optional. Nope, not pretty.

Essentially, what I'll do is include fixes that will have as little impact on the FM designer as possible. I really would like to include the "retro" hud as the default hud though. I've seen enough of that gargantuan lightgem/compass combo to last me a lifetime.

I'll report back when it's all working as it should.

To be honest, I kinda like the new look...when it's the proper size for a PC screen. The first thing I did when I got the game was to edit my INIs to make everything (including stores and menus) 75% of it's original size, so I've kinda forgotten what the default looks like...

Quote Originally Posted by Orkin Man
    To be honest, I kinda like the new look...when it's the proper size for a PC screen. The first thing I did when I got the game was to edit my INIs to make everything (including stores and menus) 75% of it's original size, so I've kinda forgotten what the default looks like...
    So have I really. When I install the game now, I immediately reinstall Minimalist. I haven't played the game in its default form since it came out.

At any rate, I'm going to try and create a package that is fairly "middle of the road". Simple things, like edible food and the wall hug fix, will likely be welcomed. It will likely be a few weeks before I have it ready but it should make life easier for newcomers.
    Last edited by New Horizon; 25th May 2005 at 14:49.

Irrational Games

little update

Just if anyone's interested. The storeroom.

Rujuro: Nice.

New Horizon:How about adding in the weapon pickup scripts from the "Hammers and Swords as hidable evidence" thread? It'd be nice to have that included by default.

Rujuro, you need to hurry up with that FM. I can't wait to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt
    Rujuro: Nice.

New Horizon:How about adding in the weapon pickup scripts from the "Hammers and Swords as hidable evidence" thread? It'd be nice to have that included by default.
    I'll definately look at that.

Perhaps I'll start a nice clean thread somewhere so people can post what additional things they would like to see included by default from what has been accomplished already.

Irrational Games
    bloody: I want to get it done too, but man, I'm just too ambitious for my own good. The end of the tunnel seems very far away.

Rujuro: haha, I don't mean to rush you, but I really can't wait to play it. I've been waiting so long for a nice T3 FM, and yours looks truly awesome. Take all the time you need.

Krellek's Labyrinth

For those of you who looked at the T3 Guinea Pigs, Krellek's Labyrinth has grown considerably (ibt file's now 34 megs). Here's a few screenshots of some of the additions:

Outside:

One of the now deceased residents with a WilloWisp in the back(gamma adjusted):

I actually have objectives that show up & complete now. I should post a tutorial on how to put a WilloWisp on your map.

Nice!

This started out as a contest mission, but it got too large to fit the requirements:

All I can say is: WOW!

Thanks! The finished level will be a sort of mansion/lost city combination, so the architecture should be fairly fun to put together. I've never built anything more fancy than a few mostly-barren rooms before, so I'm sort of amazed with how well this is coming together.

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641465156 ... LastLast