TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742475257 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Holy sh**, that looks amazing. Am I the only one who thinks that the contest should allow for slightly bigger files?

Good job guys, keep up the good work.

Indeed, why not remove the file size limitation (since it's always going to be large) and instead use a grid size limitation?

for my next trick...

coming when it's done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziemanskye
    for my next trick...

http://img281.echo.cx/img281/1797/mi...omo17fn.th.jpg

coming when it's done.
    Yummy

Yeah, love the silhouette of the window ironwork on the benches. How do you get up on the balcony though (or shouldn't I ask)?

Reminds me of Caduca's chambers (I think), I climbed up to the balcony at the front and it was just... empty.

Balconies are now accessible via stairs down the back - they weren't when I took that shot because it was so pretty I felt I had to show it off immediately.
    The bit the camera is standing on (lecturn, podium, speaker's stand? I'm not good at church or architectural lingo) has also changed a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziemanskye
    Balconies are now accessible via stairs down the back
    \o/

Down with nonsensical architecture!

Quote Originally Posted by GlasWolf
    Down with nonsensical architecture!
    No, don't Down with it, it's fun and easy, and makes the place look prettier!

The problem with "real" architecture is that you have a horrid feeling that it ought to do something, or lead somewhere, or have something of value on it. There's only so many types of reward you can give for exploration you know,

Well OK, but only if it's miles out of reach! Seriously though, I do find it rather lame and immersion breaking when I see stuff like the fake balcony in Caduca's, or the only-accessible-via-crawlspace one in the Rutherford Mansion. Hey ho, it's a balcony more than I've ever created so I guess I'm in no position to criticise...

Nah, I get what you're saying Glas - as a gamer I started on Tomb Raider, so the question for me is always "How do I get there?", so if you manage it and there's nothing and it wasn't worth it, it's annoying.

Such 'looks pretty, does nothing' design is something I'm always very serious about saying "You Cannot Get Here, Ever" with regards to, because it annoys me more when I can get somewhere without purpose than when I can't get somewhere and investigate.

Irrational Games
    small update on the neverending mission.

How do you take a screenshot? Am i missing something obvious?

you can use the print screen button on your keyboard, then paste into your paint program of choice, or find some external means of screengrabbing (I use PaintShopPro's Import>Screen Capture tool).

BANNED
    I'm doing some terrain tests with TerraEdit. I don't know how well you can see this but there are only 2 BSPs in this shot and some static meshes (walls in the foreground).

There is the containing subtraction brush and the terrain brush, designed specifically to fit into a corner.

I'm doing some experiments with sections. The room actually has 3 brushes in it in total. 2 are TerraEdit terrain brushes and they are designed so that they fit together. It's still pretty rough and I forgot to smooth before export on these. We'll see though.

Sweet

BANNED
    I may go the static mesh route though. It may be in my head but even in that small room the frame rate was nothing to write home about.

I can't tell from the screenshot but are the texture flags set to cast shadows? That could be a problem framerate-wise.

A working combination lock!

It's for my FM, Trytos Tamuran, which is a Hammerite mission. Unfortunately, nowhere else is finished enough to take pictures of.

You can't tell much from the pic, but the lock works in pretty much the same way as the one in Inverted Manse. I'll have a tutorial for it in a few days time.

Now to go and get Garrettloader!

Quote Originally Posted by Rantako
    A working combination lock!
    Great! You, guys, really make me think that TDS FMs might be as good as T1/2 FMs. Good job!

Waiting for the tutorial...

Library, unfinished. Dynamic shadows = yes.

It's really inspriring to see all the great work that's being done in the editor now. Here's part of my effort (very much work in progress):

Shalebridge Road

Needs more detail I think, washing hanging on lines, etc.

cheers
    str8g8

Administrator
    Did you make the sign yourself?

Did you make the sign yourself?
    yes, most of the smeshes in that shot are custom (the window and the door are standard) ... that's why it's taking so long

i like the lighting for shalebridge road... very moody

Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742475257 ... LastLast