TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526272829303540455055 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Good findings! Does the terrain editor actually work?

Unfortunately I haven't had time to look into this, so I just don't know...

PS.:

This tutorial will explain how to use Terrain Editor:

http://architectonic.planetunreal.ga...vel_part6.html

Good luck!

To turn the stats off you use the same command again in the console.
    Stat none doesn't work (for me anyway)

the rmode switches kind of work to, but only kind of: I think rmode 26 is for the navmesh in the game

My first indoor location for CCC2 is more or less finished

[Edit] And the terrain tool is not working - when I try to make new terrain I get the message "Not implemented yet"
    Last edited by Judith; 27th May 2006 at 16:00.

And something for those who claim that T3 missions can't be big, yeah sure
    (grid is 4096)

P.S. Sorry for spamming, it's the image limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    What kind of performance are you getting with salagrande? It looks like you have a lot of shadow-casting lights...
    From 23 to 40.

EDIT:
    Great screens Judith!
    When are you planning to end your mission?

Wow. Darn you Flesh, why do you have to look so pretty?

Did you brighten those images before displaying them? If so then fine, if not then I think you need to lower the ambient brightness a bit.

Otherwise it looks amazing!

Yes, all pics have brightness +20 under Irfan View, ambient birghtness in game is set to 5 or 8.

Oh, and the FM is far from being finished. This house is one of four main locations in the game, you'll have freedom of choice where to go first and at any moment you'll be able to go back and try to visit any other spot. Fullfilling all the objectives in those places should lead you to the main goal in a totally different place
    Last edited by Judith; 28th May 2006 at 08:01.

One more screen

(now,good English, Crispy heheh )

INN
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Flecha/bar.gif

Another fine evening with T3ed..

First approach to the next location - how about an old tower (haunted, maybe?):

All pretty. I think the bar and the tower could both do with some more decoration, they're a bit plain. But pretty nonetheless.

Hasn't anyone thought about a horror style FM with "puppets" yet? Maybe something with atmosphere of Cradle or even sequel, prequel or extension of that mission?

PS: And where to dissapeared rujuro with his "Mount Vega" FM?
    Last edited by 242; 2nd Jun 2006 at 04:20.

Looking good Kinda reminds me of the forts in Oblivion...

Very nice, Judith.

242: Part of it might be that The Cradle is a tough act to follow. That and the puppets' design sort of limits them to similar contexts.

I can't even reinstall T3 until I get a bigger hard drive, which'll hopefully be soon. In the meantime I'm working on <a href="http://homepage.usask.ca/~rsr057/images/botdevil.jpg">improving my 3d modelling skills</a>. I haven't done anything particularly Thiefy with it yet, though. I have some ideas in mind for a statue I'd like to build, but I'm just concentrating on teaching myself character modelling right now.

He's an awfully cheerful bot-devil thing, though given the apparent hat, I can't help but feel he needs a tux and a cane (and a little more Baron Samedi)

Quote Originally Posted by 242
    Hasn't anyone thought about a horror style FM with "puppets" yet? Maybe something with atmosphere of Cradle or even sequel, prequel or extension of that mission?

PS: And where to dissapeared rujuro with his "Mount Vega" FM?
    Yes, please tell me about that little piece of "horror news".
    (I have thousands of members around all of my Silent Hill, Postal2 and BloodRayne groups, who would probably love a major reason to buy T3!)

And if it is a large enough set of FMs then I can cheerfully start a "T3 Forever" group. And none should ever complain as I cross-posted important updates on any of my other other groups, on down into their major boards, where I have been slowly developing "foot holds" with my trick mods and fun maps for my friends, there.

What can I say?
    Is "simple fear", or simply giving the viewer/player a good sense of "suspenseful dread", a very needed common ground for both our movies and for our games?

And then a simple T3 market-shift might mean better T3 sales?
    And if you really want Eidos's attention$ then better sales might be a really good place to start?

So, have any of the "powers that be", here, ever talked to Eidos about this?
    I'm definitely "too new" here. But I have definitely seen other games get major boosts from major updates, folks.

(And gee whiz. . .
    I really did stop by this message, simply looking for a new T3FM to play.)
    So, is this the entire "T3FM collection"?
    Cheap Thief Mission Downloads for T3FMs with some appreciated dups.
    Complete Thief Fan Mission Archive at ShadowDark Keep
    Last edited by tiger@sound.net; 3rd Jun 2006 at 19:08.

Quote Originally Posted by ascottk
    Good findings! Does the terrain editor actually work?
    I vividly recall someone like null or krypt saying terrain editing was taking out of Thief 3...

But I could be remembering falsely (and I didn't/don't know enough about Unreal tech at the time to think anything). Certainly it would be neat if they didn't remove that functionality.

The terrain editor was never implemented in Flesh, it's a non-functional remnant of the Unreal Engine stuff that no-one bothered to take out. There's more info in this thread, if you're curious.

TerraEdit can be used for making terrain, though it's a bit frustrating to work with.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 2nd Jun 2006 at 20:05.

@Judith

A quick question: how do you resize the Top/Front/Side/3D windows as you've done on that third screenshot?

@Tithian: Go to the View --> Viewports --> change it to floating, and you get resizable windows, change it to fixed and you'll get the starting configuration. Don't worry if you mess something up, just choose Configure and pick one of the window sets.

Thanks!

I'm having a little trouble deciding on wether to use DromEd or T3ED and not to mention the lack of time I'm soon going to have, but making missions is so bloody fun!

This is a small peek at what I managed to accomplish in two days

Hey can we get a pic of that with lighting? From what I can see there the architecture looks pretty interesting (I mean that in a good way), and that's the hardest thing to do in T3Ed, lighting is easy cos the engine makes almost all types of lighting look amazing.

That architecture does look great.

lighting is easy cos the engine makes almost all types of lighting look amazing.
    Good lighting isn't as hard as usual, but excellent lighting is still a challenge... or maybe that's just me.

I haven't added any lighting yet besides for the windows.

Also, whenever I try to take screenshots ingame it just ends up beeing too dark. Anyone know of a solution to this?

Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526272829303540455055 ... LastLast