TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930313233343540455055 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

I don't think Flesh supports vertex blending, or at least I haven't been able to coax the engine into doing it. You could maybe fake it by using multiple variations of the textures and some clever modelling, though.

Thanks, Flux! *adds to favorites* I'll have to check it someday, if it works I'll rebuild the whole mission and maybe finish it

This is fun!

An archway!

My first attempt at an archway was terrible and Garrett ended up falling through the floor!

I love the way you can manipulate your brushes.

So you've skipped the creepy crypt and moved on to archways? Don't get too far ahead of yourself!

No, i just did it my way!

The Servant's around there somewhere, at one of his Flee points.
    Last edited by sluggs; 14th Oct 2006 at 17:34.

Yay Sluggs!

Hey everybody, I made a myspace page a few months ago and finally spent some time uploading images to it from this thread. I only grabbed a few, but if there are any that someone didn't want posted elsewhere, let me know and I can remove it.

http://groups.myspace.com/GarrettTheThief

Not too big, but I didn't see any other Thief pages and thought I would let people know about the editor and FMs

Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    Erm, i'm working on my Komag level!

My very first room!

Dromed sucks!
    are you sure ??

p.s. ok i'm joking, good job as first room, i expected many wonderfull things from a skilled guy like you applied on T3... make it RUN !!

So whats new? I havent been into t3 much the past year, but I'm wondering how the t3 FM scene is going?

Nice to see you here again!

It seems pretty quiet, here, but some of us are still working on a project. We haven't all disappeared.

I disappeared . . .

Quote Originally Posted by ascottk View Post
    I disappeared . . .
    And to where did T3 Master AscottK dis-appear to, may I ask?

... Jim ...

He is working on the dark mod which actually is a good thing. Although it leaves the responsibility to make missions up to us until they finish it.

My problem is that I want to make some city type missions, but I am no good at building outdoor city scenes. That, and I have to learn 3dsmax because I know I am going to want too many custom meshes.
    Last edited by Bardic; 15th Nov 2006 at 00:45.

Actually, creating a city mission isn't that hard with stock meshes, combinig them with additive brushes and proper zoning should give quite positive results. If you want to build some outdoor pagan/nature missions, then 3dsmax is quite necessary. My first FM was build totally out of the stock SM's, and while I'm not particularily proud of it (too small, and too short, I'm afraid), I think trying to make it this way was a good idea.

I build my smeshes in Lightwave, but actually, any 3D program that can export 3ds files would work. Anim8tor is a good free program for that. But you'll still have to texture it in 3DS Max. Might shorten the learning curve a bit.

As you've said, Gestalt, no luck with vertex blending, all I could do was to make custom texture out of stock textures, and it looks like this:

Hey people. I was absent some time. Is there still something going on here? I hope so...

Quote Originally Posted by STiFU View Post
    Hey people. I was absent some time. Is there still something going on here? I hope so...
    I disappeared . . .

Check thieve's highway for nomad's map. It's coming together but It's still needs a lot of work.

Yeah. I actually checked there already, but there were like 40 posts and considering that I am currently playing Dark Messiah, it's hard to do anything else...

Quote Originally Posted by STiFU View Post
    There's almost always something going on, yet mostly experiments This my another attempt at custom ground textures:

Those really look good, Judith! Maybe someday I'll be able to texture half as well as you.

Very nice textures. I'm curious what those textures look like outside of the game. Like do you have an all grass, an all dirt, and then a strip for the sides that is blended?

Yeah very nice work.... I guess it's hard to align those textures correctly...

Just as a convenience, you might consider looking into a program called Genetica for texture creation - it's procedural so everything tiles nicely, and with 2.5 Pro it can do normal maps too (and if you've got v2, it's a free update)

Costs about $300 or something though, bit it's a funky little doodad.

Oh, it's not that hard, Nomad. I work with Gimp, these texture is comprised of 2 layers: grass, and dirt underneath it. I just used eraser on grass, only had to configure my own brush.

The rest was just a little bit of maths, because textures displayed in 1:1 proportions simply look ugly, or outdated (or I am missing something important about texture creation for T3). The floor of this room is 1024x1024, to make it look this crispy I had to make texture which is 4096x4096 and scale it down 4 times! Certainly not a good idea in the long run, I guess the editor will eventually crash, or the loading time will be ridiculously long. This is the texture created in 1:1 proportions:

Ugly, isn't it? I guess the texures should be at least twice as large as the textured surface, scaled down, and then they look nice..

Oh, and this huge texture image used earlier:
    http://download.yousendit.com/E450C9E86B98165A
    Last edited by Judith; 19th Nov 2006 at 07:36. Reason: Adding another link

Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101520252627282930313233343540455055 ... LastLast