TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041465156 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Looks good Beleg, nice tone of colors

Thanks, colours and lighting are also far from finished. At least I have fun doing this whole thing.

Clearinghouse
    Looks very good, Beleg

It's nice to see someone using the textures The grey wood texture was probably the one I was most happy with, and used most. I read somewhere that exposed (and untreated) oak beams turn grey over time (not the black you see in a lot of half-timbered houses these days).

Level looks interesting, congrats! City missions are my favourite so I'll look forward to playing and\or testing it nearer the time.

Judith
    In case you wondered whether it's possible to make some hellish, Quake1-ish, possibly lost city-inspired underground mission for T3... Well, it is

Yes, lava, we need more lava Looks great!

How do you handle those meshes that player can walk on? Do you generate your own collision brush or keep the collision as "exact" checked?

I always thought there must be tons of things one can do with all those cave smeshes. But did you use the original ones at all...?

This Cabal is going to be quite creepy I guess. Great work!

Judith
    Those rocks are actually OM meshes painted with custom texture. They have their own collision model, but it's a bit too inaccurate. I switched to the "exact" instead.

Beleg - the cave itself is my own work

Hehe, since I have you here once, what about CCC now? I thought my translations were still not on the "usual" servers, yet.

Oh, in fact this should be PM business, sorry folks...
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 4th Jan 2008 at 15:12.

Judith
    I haven't touched it yet, I can't find the DVD where I have backup of this mission not "baked", in unr. format. But it has to be somewhere :]

some random screenshots of what I've been working on:
    so very dark

Release date has been pushed back to August 3457.

Judith
    Now, that's something different from what we've seen so far! (I hope most of those candles are "fake" and you have one light source there...) Looks like it's not only me who prefers the Pagan theme :]

Looks very promising!!

Looks good CrackedGear! What's that in the 4th shot? Can we get inside of it?

Try this and it'll spin you around. Great pictures!

yep. no actual candles were used in this picture.

and the 5th picture is what's inside the 4th one. it's uh, really hard to see in there.

Clearinghouse
    CrackedGear, screenshots from Silence part 2?

Some of it is part 2, and some of it is the new and improved part 1 that I'd been slacking on.

I hit the static vertex pool today, so I thought that might be worth celebrating. My map compared to Stonemarket or Old Quarter (not so sure now), both with 2048 grid size. It won't grow significantly bigger, but of course I will add a lot of rooms, doors etc. which will make everything more complex and...well, we'll see what it turns out to be in the end.

Nice! She's huge!

Judith
    I'm must be lucky because I've never hit the limit, but judging from your mission I might do it soon

And I hope I can keep this size without delivering a slideshow to people like Ziemanskye. Until now only the huge areas with more than three lights cause around 32-38 fps. I hope the performance improvement in the real game will compensate any further detail and NPCs.

@ Judith: I admit that I've done some complicated brushwork like with that creepy tentacle thing in the right upper corner (more than 50 subtract BSP I guess), but I think it was worth it.

Edit: One more picture:

The 29fps are due to some windows update or I dunno. I don't like the one overhang yet, but it is still a work in progress.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 5th Mar 2008 at 07:23.

Cool, looks very gritty and moody. Looking forward to getting lost in that maze of City streets.

I should delete the image before anyone starts cheating with it.

Looks good Beleg

Maybe you need a bit of variety in light colors and more contrast on dark/lit areas.

Page 36 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263132333435363738394041465156 ... LastLast