TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101520253035363738394041424344455055 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1485

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Wonderful!

Impressive. Does it work with the ambient_vertex lights? One does need shadow casting nonetheless, especially with direct sunlight. The last time I messed with large-radius ambient lights they went through everything and had sharp edges...somehow.

It's ambient brightness of the skybox (128) and a set of directional lights. Actually it was too big performance hit, so I decided to use only one normal omni light:

An it isn't so bad while the framerate is solid.

Well, here's an experiment with over-cast daylight. I guess it's a bit too harsh.
    http://images.bittersense.com/villageday1.jpg

Judith, if you balance out the lighting in main area and skybox, it would be perfect. It looks like the skybox has more heat, if you know what I mean. I don't know how you'd do that though.

Well, "the heat" partially comes from how Flesh handles bright colours with bloom. It's more because of the images in the skybox, than the light, which is ambientlight only. I think I just put another light source there and tweak the values between omnilights and ambient brightness in skybox.

Sometimes it all looks really "Oblivionesque" when it comes to something not quite expected in Thief - daylight
    Last edited by Judith; 16th Aug 2008 at 16:31.

Thief 3

Now that's something! And how much do you want to do this the other way around?

Uhm looks like Metall auf Metall, metal over metal.
    The metal age hammerites were colorful, I miss them.

There was only one Hammerite in the Metal Age. Anyway, they were white because they were supposed to wear plate armour, makes them more colourful. Unfortunately the armour actors in T3Ed are a little unsatisfying, otherwise we could be more precise in what our Hammerites look like. It's a pity TDS caters this half-baked fantasy leather things look instead of going the whole hog. That's where the first DarkMod models were very good in.

This is my custom thief 3 mod

Inn

Castle

HammerIntro

PaganIntro

Dungeon

SeasideManison

KeeperCompound

It contains custom:
    -maps
    -items
    -enemies
    -gamesys(prizes, etc...)
    -difficulty
    -and more mutch other
    It is now in beta...
    Inspired by old Thief(1&2)

Clearinghouse
    That is great news!

This reminds me of an old thread where ascottk asked what to take on as a next project (realism mod, T1&2 mod etc.), somehow all of those taken roads have been abandoned.

Liszt (like the composer?), I guess I'd be interested in those high res stained glass textures, if there are any. My own attempts to make these small DromEd pictures bigger have... well, not really failed, but aren't satisfying yet. By the way, "maps" doesn't mean that you have combined the missions which were split in two, like here, does it?

Umm first of all: im not a perfect english man
    The original map system (blue fog betwen any map) unhappy in not edited by I am...
    And i doing this unassisted...and not have mutch time
    Im working now on bug fixing

Been working on this funny skybox with normalmapped clouds and such, since I don't have too much free time lately. Filnally I got this random lightning script to work. It's not too fancy, changing the light radius rapidly - I guess I should experiment with light flickering instead...

Thief-3-normal-mapped-skybox-and-lightning-effect

Just imagine it was a lonely shack and not my AI test map, and just imagine the velocities were adjusted a little better:

Right click, save as...

That was my lucid dream, if anyone's interested I'll put the scripts (swinging action like with a shop sign didn't work) into the scripting thread. Sorry for not putting it on YouTube just now, it would be Child of Karras's account and most of all it would take much longer.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 22nd Sep 2008 at 17:26.

Last edited by Caradavin; 18th Oct 2008 at 04:24.

Judith, these screenshots really got me interested. Thievery at noon. That will be challenging. The reflection stones, water effects, water reflections - breathtaking!

Beleg, your screenshots are cool. These roofs are a great way to travel in a city. Great architecture!

Flux, I am waiting so impatiently for the Valley's sequel. The new work is outstanding as always.

Martin Karne, your mission looks very good. I hope it will be released soon.

Caradavin, nice screenshots. I like them.

Many thanks to all Thief Editors for keeping Thief alive! You are amazing!
    Last edited by pwyll; 21st Oct 2008 at 15:58.

Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    Martin Karne, your mission looks very good. I hope it will be released soon.
    Correction that looked good before I upgraded my PC, now they're void and empty spaces full of 3D grid.

Oh, someone was very busy here. Thanks, pwyll.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by prustage View Post
    I have put together a video showing part of the movie. Its quite exciting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfkU3lKg2Do

Please have a look.

Just a reminder this is not an FM but a movie which uses T3ED to create the sets. Consequently you will see many recognisable meshes from TDS in this. Those of you who have helped me with such problems as making a piston pump, making rotating gears tilt and creating custom textures will see the results in this little (2:38) clip.

Thanks for your help.
    prustage, any news about Doom Crystal?

Clearinghouse
    pwyll, check this thread. This snow and snowstorm are really cool. I can't wait to see it in FM.

I just made this little courtyard although I just wanted to re-design the end of the street, but I found use for Renzatic's beautiful stone texture. In fact I believe I desecrated it with the low-res GENstoneB at the foundations. Anyway, happy new year and all that:

It looks wonderful

Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5101520253035363738394041424344455055 ... LastLast