TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136373839404142434445465156 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1486

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Clearinghouse
    Excellent, Beleg

Thanks to both of you. I like "painting" sceneries like this one by using the whole look of Unreal/Flesh. It's quite clear now, though, that my half-timbered texture does not compare.

Heh, if I wasn't stuck with this huge FM and if my head wasn't full with the next project, I would have thought more about an idea of mine to make an FM in a completely impressionistic or aqua color setting. AIs would still be sharp, of course, but I'd like to see a setting with impressionistic-styled textures.

Looks really good, nice work

Looks like you dug deep into the classical Thief FMs chest. Seems to be really atmospherical. Will you give us holy water arrows?

Judith
    I love the first shot, keep up the good work

Clearinghouse
    Looks beautiful, ShadowSneaker!

Thanks for the link, Beleg.
    Thanks Judith/clearing.

SS

Wow! Cool sreenshots, ShadowSneaker! The mission sounds interesting. I am expecting to see Wraiths and Fire Shadows. Waiting impatiently...

Beleg, I'm waiting for your mission, too. It looks great.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    Wow! Cool sreenshots, ShadowSneaker! The mission sounds interesting. I am expecting to see Wraiths and Fire Shadows. Waiting impatiently...

Beleg, I'm waiting for your mission, too. It looks great.
    Agreed.
    Also I wait these missions. I added news here.

Beleg, ShadowSneaker keep up the good work

jtr7
    Ah! Finally I can see the screenshots! Good good stuff, man. I haven't been in a position to look at the images in a darkened room, so I couldn't see much.

Thanks jt/pwyll. One of those creatures is definitely making an appearance. Not sure about the other, though.
    Thanks for that mention on your site clearing.

SS

Today I decided I didn't like the packaged textures for DS and since I have enough custom textures I began retexturing my mission.
    Here are some screenshots :

All those textures are by Judith, Renzatic and str8g8. Sorry the pictures are alot darker than I had thought.

SS

Yeah, looks good indeed. I've been thinking about using more of the photo-realistic textures myself (well, at least more photo-realistic than the stock or JohnP), but first there aren't enough yet and second... no, no second. There simply aren't enough of them yet. I fell in love with Renzatic's green rough brick texture from the small courtyard I posted above but I cannot use it all the time.

Hey, what about a new textures + matlib file? MasterBuilder02-09?

PS: Well, there is a second: It looks weird if you have the rather painted ones next to the rather realistic ones. I've done this occasionally nonetheless because I had to.

PPS: I don't know what it looks like in game, but if I were you I'd think again about that shadow-casting torch bracket. I've tried this with different lamps myself but it was usually more irritating that real.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 4th Feb 2009 at 06:57.

Clearinghouse
    Looks good! I love the dark atmosphere

Thanks clearing/Beleg. I can send you my updated Master Builder matlib with around 77 textures in it. You have around half of them already.

I thought putting shadows on smaller things like torches would make up for larger things not having them. If you can see these smaller shadows all the time it might create the illusion that there are lots of shadows when there really is not. Setting those wall torches to cast shadows just looks stupid though. The shadow would be above and around the torch not pitch black and directly behind it, so my plan failed.

Mixing up the more realistic textures with the painted ones can look odd but I'd rather have that than the stock textures for DS or perhaps repeating the same textures over and over again.

I was thinking about using John P's textures, if I install them will they be used by T3Ed or do I have to copy the files across from the DS folder?

SS

As long as you don't have really vast areas and LOTs of shadow casting, you can really handle this tool quite reasonably. If there is a torch on a column, just give this column shadow casting. Komag wrote his tutorial years ago and I think you can act more freely now in this regard. However, don't forget to BF unseen surfaces and exclude them from the Navmesh etc. etc.

JohnP's textures should be in the Dynamically Loaded folder in TDS. If not, try minimizing the game while it's running. Just put them into PC Textures (I guess you already have changed everything to just this folder).

About the matlib, yes, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSneaker View Post
    ...I can send you my updated Master Builder matlib with around 77 textures in it...
    That would be great! I'm interested too.

Judith
    I'm working on a totally different thing and on a different engine, but I guess these textures and meshes could be useful in T3 as well. For starters, a few textures and new stairs (manually generated convex hull):

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    I'm working on a totally different thing and on a different engine, but I guess these textures and meshes could be useful in T3 as well...
    What a beauty!

Moderator and Priest
    Those are some great textures, Judith. The wood paneling in particular is really slick. You've got really nice definition on the normal, it almost looks like something you modeled by hand and exported out of Zbrush.

I've been doing my own thing recently as well. I picked up Modo during their 3D Stimulus Package deal for $650, and now I feel like I've got to learn the thing forwards and backwards to justify why my 10 illegitimate kids aren't getting their insulin this month (or food). "Sorry kids", I told them, "dad has an expensive hobby". They just nodded their heads and went back to their jobs on Cannery Row. Such little troopers. :*(

So far, I've learned a bit about hard surface Sub-D modeling and some heavier UV mapping techniques. Stuff that'll hopefully help me when I start getting into detailed high res models. I've put all this money and time into making yet another hallway. It's still relatively simple stuff, but I'm slowly and surely getting to the point where I can model ornate reliefs and more organic details.

Everything looks fine. By the way, also that 3D preview window on the MBS which I noticed just now.

Judith
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Those are some great textures, Judith. The wood paneling in particular is really slick. You've got really nice definition on the normal, it almost looks like something you modeled by hand and exported out of Zbrush.
    Thanks, still the technique I use is quite crude - mixing a few different textures, desaturating them, adding clouds with a color gradient, applying a separate texture like wood in burn layer mode, etc. Still, you can see where these come from, eg. which texture from CGTextures was chosen as base

I think your method is far superior, i.e. those textures look more unique, as if you were having some array of raw materials and then using those to paint something completely new, using cloning maybe? I should think about such workflow as well... And I'm a bit terrified how much money you spend on your hobby Maybe when I get a job with a British salary, I'll start investing my cash in editing too

As it goes for modeling, I'm still on somewhere on the beginner or pre-intermediate level. But certainly my unwrapping skills have improved and I'm not creating tons of textures to apply to one mesh any longer

And like that arch, maybe you could tweak the wood section texture, it looks a bit stretched to me.

Which game engine are you using now, Judith?

SS

Judith
    Unreal Engine 3.0 for UT3 and Gears of war

Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136373839404142434445465156 ... LastLast