TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1486

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Judith
    And cluttering it a bit more for some nicer flow and cover options, e.g. so you can hide behind the table, or a couch after performing this cool swat-like move

Ren, what's up with you, man? Haven't posted anything new for a few weeks now, working on something secret or been too busy?

I think those folks who say that T3Ed is garbage should go and eat their hats after seeing this.

That's Gears of War, unfortunately. I did something like Assassin's Creed yesterday because my saving bug bored me:

Judith
    Now that's something interesting! I like that subtle brown fog in the distance I only wish T3 had some less harsh mipmapping settings...

One omni light, by the way. The rounded cobbles in (sun) light are really unlovely, don't know if that's something which can be handled with "sharper" normal maps. Anyway, just a preliminary practice for the next daytime mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    That's Gears of War, unfortunately. I did something like Assassin's Creed yesterday because my saving bug bored me:

Yeah, these beams are made for jumping, assassins' style.

I placed them only a few feet beneath the arches so that everyone trying would get his share of a really bad headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    I placed them only a few feet beneath the arches so that everyone trying would get his share of a really bad headache.
    Hahaha, you devil!
    BTW When will you release your TDS mission?

As soon as I get rid of these 11,000 unusable property slots and have free ones again that allow saving the game (it plays perfectly, though). The mission is short before beta, if I hadn't run into the property issues at the beginning of the year it'd be a nice detailed mission by now but actually I had to cut a lot of content and now I need a technical invention if I want to release it in a reasonable state.

It's not so much the limit itself, it's rather the problem that it can hardly be countered once you're over/close to it. I've been making a few brainstorming sessions for my next FM but right now I'd need a programmer.

Clearinghouse
    pwyll, you can see cool screenshots by Beleg
    Great work

Yes, very very very beautiful screenshots! I hope somebody help him soon to fix the errors so that we can all enjoy playing it.

Dark Fate is probably the best Thief web site. I'm glad that I'm OK with Russian language.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm always glad that the addresses of darkfate are written in English so I can have a look at the bottom of IE and see where I have to go.

Judith
    Certainly it isn't the best place to post this, but in case you got your own GoW copy and you're bored: the beta version is ready

Here are some ideas for medieval looking environment:

http://www.medievalworlds.com/gallery_en.html

Also chech this guy's deviant gallery:

http://svenart.deviantart.com/gallery/

He has really good pieces. I like this one very much:

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs21/f/20...by_svenart.jpg
    Last edited by pwyll; 11th Jun 2009 at 09:18. Reason: adding more links

I already nabbed them when clearing mentioned this site some months ago. See any similarity between the houses here and this one? And there are more. Thanks for the links again, though, there are still some new ones.

Haha, I didn't know that you know about this web site. But it's interesting that I saw the similarity of your designs and these of the Medieval Worlds. At first I thought to mention that in my previous post but I decline to do it. I should.

I was looking for a medieval wallpaper when I find this site but I cannot find anything with 1680x1050 res there. Do you know any web site where I can download something?

Beleg, that picture above, is that from a daylight mission?

The AC-like thing was supposed to look like dawn or something but it was just a small test. I'm aiming for daylight in my second mission, though. Unfortunately (or due to the per-pixel-lighting) we don't have the UnrealEd sunlight actors for the skybox, so we have to use wide-range omni or spot lights (or even ambient vertex although they seem to be rather tricky) to fake it.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Certainly it isn't the best place to post this, but in case you got your own GoW copy and you're bored: the beta version is ready
    Nice pics. Did you make all 3D objects? I like the clock - very ancient, the chandelier - very modern and the trees.

Judith
    No, some objects are taken from GoW, the list of objects I made is here .

Very far from being usable, but guess what I'm up to:

I just had the idea this evening but alas I'm not the greatest texture meddler. Alpha textures don't work either unfortunately, so I fear it might only work in very careful scenes.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 26th Jul 2009 at 03:31.

What exactly are we supposed to be looking at there? I don't see anything unusual...

The leaves usually don't cast shadows. I wanted to fake it with a spotlight which projects a sort-of cow skin texture onto the floor. Meanwhile I've tried to use whole tree silhouettes as textures but the result is not satisfying because it's not a shadow but a light with parts of shadow in it. It might work in carefully-arranged scenes, though, where e.g. the spotlight is the only light source and the borders of the projection texture fade out instead of remaining as sharp edges. If it worked with alpha textures so that it only projects the leaves, it would be great.

Clearinghouse
    Interesting.

Page 46 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast