TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1486

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW? - Community WIP thread

Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    I cannot remember other TDS FM with the TMA style street lamp. Did you make it yourself?
    Yes, I did. The lamp object has a terrible offset for the attached light actor, so I simply took a static mesh for the lamp, a custom light actor and above all a standard TDS emitter. Don't know right now where it usually appears.

Thinking about interior plans... I don't have any sort of interior mission planned right now. Don't know what I would do.
    Last edited by Beleg Cúthalion; 29th Nov 2009 at 16:28.

Classical Master 2008
    I am coming in here late (after a look at Darkfate.ru), but Beleg, that is absolutely beautiful. Seriously, great work, a very organic and natural look, and a lot of superb detail. I will have to reinstall T3 when it is released.

Beleg, really nice pics, I really like the industrial stuff in there, looks superb

Thanks to both of you. The industrial elements are by the way inspired by all the old factories and especially goods station buildings from the last emperor's time which still exist around here. A lot of half-timbered work with red bricks as well, as I recently had the chance to see them while my train was delayed by over an hour (...!!!!). As mentioned earlier, I might release my collection of photos after the FM is out.

Well, but in the end it's usually str8g8's ressource package which allows me to do it.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    inspired by all the old factories and especially goods station buildings from the last emperor's time which still exist around here.
    Factory: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...88#post1535488

Judith
    Still working over the general mood and settings. Looks like the fog screws up a lot of things: lightning in bloom mode, plants using normals/alpha testing option, etc. So I'm going to give it up for some emitter based one or a blizzard I did before. Right now I'm testing new lightning/ambient settings and making some background clutter, fake trees mostly:

I also did this simple rock:
    Last edited by Judith; 12th Dec 2009 at 16:33.

This looks like it could turn out to be the setting for a veeeery lonely mission in January. By the way, you already know that you can turn fog on and off with volumes, so maybe there is a chance to add fog-friendly design because the first shot looked a little more creepy.

Judith
    Volumes won't fix the trees and plants sticking out from a large distance. It's the problem with the fog itself. Hopefully some emitter based effects will do.
    Snow, some ground fog, blizzard etc.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Awesome screenshot!

Judith
    Thanks Clearing, but this is not actual level, just a test scene Right now I'm working on "patches" of ground that can be seen through the snow to add some variety.

I don't think you're the type using other people's stuff, but str8g8 has a couple of nice yellow-brown (i.e. not so fresh) grass SMs/alpha textures, they could maybe spice up the patches.

PS: I had one of those snow suits when I was in the army. Just imagine Garrett wearing white with brown and green splashes.

Judith
    Thx for the advice, Beleg. Do you have any photos of the pattern on that snow suit? I'm pretty curious how it looks. I'll have to repaint Garret's and pagans' skins so that might be useful.

Classy stuff, Judith. As always.

http://www.uniformen-nach-vorlage.de...hneetarn+b.JPG

I sort of forgot to add the "" after that since I think it would look rather strange, Steampunk et alii or not.

Moderator and Priest
    Yup. Looks great as usual, Judith.

Beleg...you got some weird damn hobbies.

Judith
    Thanks for the photo Beleg, looks like a winter paintball fan uniform

No, the other way around: The paintball uniform looks like... ah, nevermind. And it wasn't a hobby, although the skiing part itself was fun, if it wasn't for the day-and-night operations and all the cumbersome gear and weaponry...

Damn there aren't enough fan missions for DS!! Those snow shots look the business.

Judith
    Finally got some time to correct these ground patches (smooth gradient between snow and ground looked wrong), also added some variation to them.

I also tried to make some ice, it looks quite nice in motion, with specular cubemap

Damn there aren't enough fan missions for DS!!
    Damn right

Great. If you can make AIs slip on it with a fake oil puddle...

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    Great. If you can make AIs slip on it with a fake oil puddle...
    Hehe. That would be nice.

Judith
    The mission will be set among the "mountain pagans", so they're supposed to be "pros" with the ice, you know I'm not sure what I'll do with it yet. Initially I wanted to use it as an obstacle of some sort. It has the "tile" footstep sound which is louder than snow, so players would rather avoid it. Though it would be fun to see Garrett slip on it I haven't played with the friction yet, I don't even know whether it's possible to make surfaces slippery for the player.

Does walking on a snow leave traces?

Judith
    Quote Originally Posted by pwyll View Post
    Does walking on a snow leave traces?
    I don't even know how to implement it.
    I'm working on some ruined parts right now. 2 meshes, 2 x 1024 textures. A bit blurry, but I'm trying to get as much as I can from the pixel density here.

Awesome looking! Does the texture on pillars have snow layer on them as well? How did u achieve the specularity on the white rock mesh? (bottom right on second picture)

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6111621263136414647484950515253545556 ... LastLast