TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Unfinished Business" by SlyFoxx!!! (Mar. 11/2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Hope Vincent
    Can someone help me find the key to the warehouse #3?

Thanx,

Hope Vincent
    Vinny,
    check
    spoiler:
    in Norton's house, under a chair on the 2nd floor.

I had trouble finding that key too.

All right ! That was lot of fun Lots of roof jumping (opportunities to go "splat" ) and great ambience. I really liked the different surface texturing , not just the artwork (bricks, mossy stones,etc) but the way that the player changes levels. Stairs, hills... stuff like that. Great work

Did anyone else
    spoiler:
    do something ... incriminating

Finished approximately 600 short of loot. A very enthralling and exciting mission . Along with that, I finished it within a day, something I'm rarely able to do. Thanks, Sly.
    "Bin gar keine Russin, stamm' aus Litauen, echt deutsch." *
    --Thomas Stearns Eliot
    *There's nothing Russian about me, I'm from Lithuania, and German through and through.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx
    I think he saw more potential in the map than I did at times.
    Thanks for the compliments, Sly.

Perhaps I did. Sometimes the creator is too close to his own work. Anyway, my initial reaction to this mission was that it has superb architecture and a lot happening in a relatively small space. I really like the alternative vertical pathways. There are many ways to get from point A to point B, some of which solve various ghosting problems. The uneven streets are a good example of the craftsmanship that went into this map. Most FM developers would simply make square cuts and texture them. The colored lighting and the sound are excellent, too. So, without any story and game play at all, the map is really fun to explore. With the whole package in place, you have a work of art.

Thank you,

Very nice colorful atmosphere and plot to go with it.
    spoiler:
    I was missing the key in my inventory for the secret hideout.
    The zombies were really pissed when I looted their resting place.
    All the more reason to lure a few gaurds in their direction.

Excellent adventure S. F.
    "Unfinished Business" has a kaleidoscope of imbedded background colors!
    Awesome to traverse the artistic playing field.
    ♠ĘλŁΔŞΣλŁ

I need the key too. I accidently had the
    spoiler:
    zombies from the grave site when you touch the coffin lid
    chasing me and they kind of
    spoiler:
    slaughtered a lot of people
    .. so I don't know the patrol rout..

I'll check though I think I saw part of it...

Registered: Mar 2005 I found Scott on the internet. Hi Scott, I mean SlyFoxx.

edit: pretty damn coincidental at that.

I know a guy irl. He's a Thief nut, like I am with Tribes. He's been playing since Thief1 just like I've been playing since Tribes1. I know he's done voice-overs and fan missions. I know he's active in the online Thief community.

I'm a Thief nub. I played no Thief1, very little Thief2, and recently started playing Thief3 out of boredom and I'm enjoying it greatly. I had some issues with the game, was stuck, googled, and found this forum and the answers I needed (ty), and low and behold I find Scottay on the day of releasing his latest FM. Grats SlyFoxx.

Waz up there TB!

@Moghedian...good job! Now can you find the other 3 eggs?

@Moghedian: I got that one.
    Are you supposed to do something with
    spoiler:
    Durnhime Barlett's Watch?

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx
    @Moghedian...good job! Now can you find the other 3 eggs?
    *Gasp* Three ?? *Gears up to go back in *

I won't say a word about where the other three eggs are. That's because I can't! I've played it perhaps a dozen times, and I only found the "obvious" one. Good hunting, folks.

That gives me an excuse to play it again.

Bug?

I've completed all objectives except kidnap Barlett and deliver him to the Downwinder contact in the western part of the sewers.

Well, I've blackjacked Barlett, I carried him down to the sewers, and found a dude in a Thief skin behind a locked fence in the western part of the sewers. But, the objective doesn't click off, and he ignores me. I can even bang my sword on the fence and he ignores me. Am I missing something?

Neat mission by the way! I too managed to use the power-zombies to kill a bunch of guards.

- prjames

I've completed all objectives except kidnap Barlett and deliver him to the Downwinder contact in the western part of the sewers.
    If you did what I did ...
    spoiler:
    you got the wrong guy. I BJ'd the guy wandering around town. That is the wrong guy. The fellow you want is down in the gambling room. He did make the objective check off

Cooper Barlett is
    spoiler:
    wearing green...also his body should say "Cooper Barlett." He looks like Ramirez, sans the mace, if you've played Thief 1. Perhaps you got him confused with Judge (Durnhime) Barlett (bald guy in blue, looks like Farkus if you played Thief 1).

What a nifty mission. Thanks so much for your hard work. I did a sloppy beat 'em-when-I-need-to run-through, but now that I know the tricks I'll proceed more elegantly the next time. Simply some of the best roping and roofing ever in an FM. Terrific use of all three dimensions. Hopefully this FM will inspire other builders to think beyond creeping and crawling down hallways.

My only question: Where is the key to the
    spoiler:
    wine celler? Was I looking on top of bookcases in the wrong house maybe?
    I ended up just
    spoiler:
    blasting the door open with a detonation arrow (which are very boss weapons. I killed myself once with splash damage and took 633 points!)

Thanks again for the very thiefy evening.

Quote Originally Posted by radioman
    My only question: Where is the key to the
    spoiler:
    wine celler? Was I looking on top of bookcases in the wrong house maybe?
    It's in the same house. Check the bookcases upstairs

is there supposed to be a conversation in the gambling room amongst the 4 people (the Barlet bros, the student and the professor?)

If so how is it triggered?

Thanks shadows for the tip!!!! I've found the artifact. but tell me guys, to
    spoiler:
    to open the warehouse door I used a detonator arrow, but to my surprise I've found the key of the door inside, was there another way to open it?

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    Verna,

spoiler:
    Look up in the Mayor's bedroom...
    ThiefMaiden

Thanks SlyFoxx for this fantastic FM - so many good points.

spoiler:
    1. Love all the roof climbing

spoiler:
    2. I always love FM's where the guards have personal names - it somehow makes knocking them out more interesting - not just another guard!

spoiler:
    3. Great design and layout.

spoiler:
    The only thing I couldn't do was find the key to the weapons.

spoiler:
    The key to the weapons is outside the cimetery where "Dan" the guard is walking, look closely on the floor!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lance
    Thanks SlyFoxx for this fantastic FM - so many good points.

spoiler:
    1. Love all the roof climbing

spoiler:
    2. I always love FM's where the guards have personal names - it somehow makes knocking them out more interesting - not just another guard!

spoiler:
    3. Great design and layout.

spoiler:
    The only thing I couldn't do was find the key to the weapons.

@ShadowWolf421...
    spoiler:
    Yes there is a conversation but was not implemented in the normal way. The conversation is simply an "ambient" that's triggerd once garrett get within' a certain radius...it plays once and that's it. I did my best to test the triggering of it and it should only trigger when garrett is about 1/2 way down the ramp that leads to the gambling room.

We'll never get the upper hand on Kosh, will we? I guess we just have to find a way to get him out of that power suit.

Excellent mission!!

My earlier "Bug" question?

OK, I figured out why I had kidnapped Barlett but he didn't click off when I brought him to the dude in the sewers.

It turned out I had MAYOR Barlett, not Cooper Barlett, which I admit is annoying given that the in-mission objective just says to kidnap Barlett. (Yeah, yeah, if I had read and remembered the mission briefing, I might have gotten it right the first time, but oh well.) Also, the fact that the Bonus mission involving "doing something incriminating" involves Mayor Barlett confused me also with respect to whom to kidnap.

- prjames

This mission looks good on every other department except color. The way you use colored lightning and and it's placement reminds me of the discos in Deus Ex. Looks disgusting. Especially the graveyard.

Other than that; the gameplay is great. I love all the possibilities of roofclimbing and roping. Quality time.
    Last edited by Musopticon?; 12th Mar 2005 at 10:24.

Thanks Mr. SlyFoxx for the great mission, I loved it , very colorful, and cozy, love all the houses, and the zombies are SCARY , found the key to the warehouse!! finished the mission...great one....but still is some loot missing....
    ThiefMaiden

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast