TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Unfinished Business" by SlyFoxx!!! (Mar. 11/2005)

Glad you taffers are enjoying it.

And about the eggs. I'd appreciate that anybody finding one and posting it here use spoiler tags. (Not that anybody has not done so so far just please use discretion when posting)

At this point it seems that 2 of the 4 have been found. (Nightwalker found one that has not been posted here) The egg objectives are ment to be a little added feel good bonus. 3 of the 4 are hinted at in game. One is a pretty blatant hint, two and three are very subtle hints and the 4th is just a "if you think to do something like that" kind of thing and no clue or hint as to what to do is given in game in any way.
    Try my FM's. Search my nick at Cheap Missions. Mission in progress, "Opportunity Knocks."

I found another egg last night, too. That's 2 out of 4 and counting. Maybe I have some hope to find the others then.

I personally think that explicit solutions to these little puzzles should not be posted at all, even in spoilers, until a couple of weeks have passed. Gives taffers something to do in their spare time.

GREAT work SlyFoxx ! Your mission is fantastic. Perfect architecture, colorful (remind me of Unfortunate Formulae), perfect gameplay (many rooftops in several levels, many ways to go through mission). I liked most the amazing rough pathways !!!

Now I am running 4 hours forth and back, from top to bottom when searching easter eggs...
    I hope smithpd doesn't be too serious with "until a couple of weeks have passed". Otherways I'll be hairless soon...

Have the same problem as prjames.
    Blackjacked Barlett end took him down but nothing happens.
    Tried with both Barletts cause first I thought I got the wrong one..

Thank you for this wonderful mission, Sly Foxx! I enjoyed all those different ways to reach other areas very much! And all those little stories!
    I even found three of four eggs, the one that's mentioned above and two others, but don't want to spoil it for others. Now quick back to find the rest of the loot and the final egg!

Mike F.

You want Cooper Barlett - he is labelled as such when you pick him up. He is one of four in the gambling room at the bottom of the warehouse. (If you did a "many-BJ" and caused some people to run before you could BlackJack them, he might have run elsewhere, but he starts in the gambling room.) The objective will only "click off" when you drop him in front of the guy in front of the fence in the west end of the sewers (who still ignores you - only way you know you succeeded is by the objective going off).

- prjames

Thanks prjames,

but that`s exactly what I did.
    I got the right guy and threw and dropped him in all posible ways ..
    Anyway: for me the mission is completed.
    Good night

Me too Mike F.

Lovely mission. Very atmospheric.
    spoiler:
    Carried a box around across the roofs
    to get into windows, great fun.

All objectives ticked off except
    spoiler:
    dropping Cooper in front of iron gate which separates you from the downwinder, and do not kill Cooper. I did not kill him and placed his unconscious form in front of the gate.

Will consider it complete.

Nice one Foxxy.

Hello sly,
    spoiler:
    I've dropped the evidence on the table of Mr. Kent and it gave me a Bonus ...wow....have the watch and don't know what to do with it!

I've been turning around in circles, heeeeeeeeelp!!
    ThiefMaiden

Verna.

spoiler:
    I've still got the watch too.
    Are you supposed to do something with it?

Perhaps Sly will let us know

Mary.
    Last edited by marycwmbach; 12th Mar 2005 at 17:24. Reason: forgot the spoiler

Ernt...wrong. No hints.

EDIT: Looks like snowcap is ahead of the game. Way to go taffer!
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 12th Mar 2005 at 17:34.

Oh you beast!!

spoiler:
    Does keeping the watch prevent you finishing the game?

Mary.

@Mary...no, not at all.

No the watch doesn't prevent you finishing the game, koz I've already finished all the objectives and end the mission, but now I am searching for the eggs

Quote Originally Posted by marycwmbach
    Oh you beast!!

spoiler:
    Does keeping the watch prevent you finishing the game?

Mary.
    ThiefMaiden

Since the mission did not end for me:
    Is there a "to be continued"?

GOT IT, yeah! (I mean my 4. easter egg) But I wouldn't have found it, had I not read SlyFoxx post about it. Really a bit unusual

Ahh, and I forgot to mention it in my first post, but I really liked the voiceacting in the beginning. Stood there almost 15 min and listend to that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike F.
    Since the mission did not end for me:
    Is there a "to be continued"?
    Yep, played the last bit again.
    spoiler:
    Carried Coop very tenderly down the ladder and up to the gate. still no finish.

Must be doing something wrong.

Mary

The mission will not end for me either.

I just finished this excellent mission . Along with The Ghost House and The Haunted Hospital , these are the best I've played in a long time . The grave yard has to the the best part of this one with excellent graphics , matching sounds , and story line . The zombies calling out for Mr. smith (my own name ) really cracked me up . Thanks a bunch slyfoxx .

Lovely mission! A question, if you please:

spoiler:
    I've cleared out the warehouse (never heard a conversation between the gamblers, alas ) and I'd rather not have to carry Himself up to the roof and down again. I heard tell there's a key to the first floor door, but haven't found it anywhere. Would someone mind providing a hint, please?

Thanks!
    -M

@Melissa

spoiler:
    Look carefully near the ground level door inside the warehouse

I really love the architecture and textures in this FM. You weren't kidding when you said the polys were high on the rooftops.

I was up on top of the
    spoiler:
    Wizard's house and the polys went kuku (scenery complexity errors). Maybe there were over 1100 polys, but I can't see the numbers while in Thief.

I guess it is time to get back down from the roof.

Quote Originally Posted by JACKofTrades
    @Melissa

spoiler:
    Look carefully near the ground level door inside the warehouse
    Thank you so much - that was my "d'oh!" moment of the evening

I'm ripping up the Thief FMs tonight, and I think my jaw hit the floor when I stepped into this mission. Took one look around and I got Calendra's Legacy deja vu. I don't know what it was, it could've been something to do with the fact I was actually enjoying a town mission, but I loved it! Normally I'm not crazy about town missions, but . . .
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Ghost
    I think I'm behind everybody. I got the objectives -- I left you know what where it needed to be but not close enough to end the game -- but I've only found one of the eggs, the obvious one.

I have the same thing folks above have, and I'm just as much in the dark what to do with it as they.

Sly said he wouldn't give hints... but he didn't say nobody else should give hints. He only asked that if one does so, one should use spoiler formatting. Even Peter didn't suggest nobody give hints, just not "explicit solutions!"

So come on, youse guys who have solved more than the first one... drop a hint, please*; I hate starting a new mission while I haven't quite finished the old, and I don't want to sit here fumfahing forever just to find those last three, while there's another brand, new mission that also just came out.

Thanks,

Dafydd

* Snowcap21, if you imagine this might mean you... you're right!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast