TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Unfinished Business" by SlyFoxx!!! (Mar. 11/2005)

Of course I can try and give some hints ! My only problem is, that my english is not so good and I have trouble to express exactely what I mean - bad for giving hints, but I'll try.

general tip for all four eggs you have to drop "something" in a special place

so, for egg 2 and 3: if you have the first one you should have an idea what to do next, both are very close related

better clue read the objetive of the first egg: what can you do to help justice on it's way?

for egg 4 (which is indeed the first) ok, you have the watch and don't know what to do? Remember, also a thief can sometimes be like a child and do something not very noble just for a little fun for himself.

better clue the solution lies very close to the solution for 2&3

I hope this helps!

Thanks for another engrossing mission SlyFoxx. I didn't find any of the easter eggs, so I guess I'll have to go back sometime and figure them out.

BTW, I thought the

spoiler:

Gambling conversation(s) during the basement roulette game was great. Very laid back & natural. The voice acting was spot on.

UnFinished Business- Great Misssion

SlyFoxx, you get 4/5 from me.

Good use of light and color. Textures a tiny bit too gritty in places, but ads a lot to atmosphere. Good gameplay. All the different paths to take (high and low) and rooms to get into a big +. Last but NOT least the voice acting was super!
    First way around I got only 4651/4701, and that first egg. Then I came here too look for a lootlist, and found out there was 3 more easter eggs!
    So there went another hour just figuring them out...

I bow for Slyfoxx.

/ Unseen
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    - And the Builder said; Keep up thy good work with thy hammer and forge and you shall be blessed with big tumbs.

There is a loot list. Unzip the mission and look in the books folder. Seeing that you're 50 short it's probably a bottle of wine.

spoiler:
    did you look behind the judge's bench in the court house?

Thanks for the props.

Thank you for the tip Slyfoxx. I had alredy found the missing loot and finished before my earlier post. Thanks to the lootlist I could pin it out,
    spoiler:
    it was the bottle under tabel in the mayors house.

Sorry I was a bit unclear, I finished the mission after an extra hour trying to get ALL the eggs.

/ Unseen

Really great FM here! I really like how alot of thought was put into every house in the level. You get the feeling that no building was just "there for the sake of being there". Also-
    spoiler:
    the new zombie voices were extremely creepy! Good job with those! Yeah, I didn't like going to the graveyard after those things appeared.

Really liked all the ways you could go about doing things, and there were some moments of extremely challenging sneaking. I only wish it went on longer... One thing that kills me though- in an FM made by the guy who is most popular for his Garrett impersonation, THERE WERE NO NEW GARRETT COMMENTS!? Wassup wit' dat? Hehe, J/K, the voice acting that was there was great enough that I didn't mind Garrett going silent for awhile.
    Yeah, Sly is quickly becoming one of my new favorite authors, keep at it man!

eggs

Thanks to snowcap21's hints, I got all four eggs. I had figured out #1 (the obvious one) and #4 (the least obvious one) on my own, but my mind set was not letting me see #2 and #3. My problem was
    spoiler:
    I was looking for clues "in game," as Sly had suggested. In a way, that is not where I found them.
    I looked high and low for clues that did not materialize. One that did not work (to my surprise) was
    spoiler:
    putting wine bottles near Sylvester, and putting Sylvester in the cell.
    Oh well. Nice puzzles, Sly! I should have figured them all out on my own.
    Last edited by smithpd; 13th Mar 2005 at 16:15.

Damn Peter...that would have been a good idea!

Ghost
    Who's Sylvester?

Okay, with Snowcap21's hints, I got three of the four; but for the last, I'm guessing I need a key I don't have. Snowcap21, any hint where that might be?

Thanks,

Dafydd

You don't need a key.

Ghost
    Oh for heaven's sake, I just found the key. Ve-e-e-e-e-ery cleverly hidden, Sly! I'll have to remember that secret hiding place if I ever get around to making an FM some day!

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Who's Sylvester?

Okay, with Snowcap21's hints, I got three of the four; but for the last, I'm guessing I need a key I don't have. Snowcap21, any hint where that might be?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Daf, buddy, gotta check the spelling of the name. Could mean the difference between a new friend or a punch in the face. Hahahaha ! I'm just kidding, don't mind me. I don't know if it's a mispelling or not, but Slyfoxx spelled it "Slyvester." It was spelled that way in the duty roster near in the lockup (w/ the armory) and also on the body of the supoosed guard himself (the Helmeted NoKO Cop in Blue, also near the lockup). Can anyone confirm the true spelling and who this man of mystery may be? Is he purely fictional?

Ghost
    Daf, buddy, gotta check the spelling of the name.
    Metal dawn, the only thing I had to go by was Peter's post... and Peter spelled it "Sylvester," both times!

Again, I have no memory of Slyvester or Sylverster; I read the book, which is how I found a particular item... but I don't remember anything about Sly (a nickname which works for either spelling!)

All right, I finished on ghost with 4351 out of 4701 (missing only 350, not bad for me) and with all the eggs -- though after the hint above from snowcap21.

At least I think it's a ghost; I'll have to consult with Peter about that. Is it still a ghost if one violates normal ghost procedure in obedience to a hidden objective that only shows up after one does it... if one knows it must be there and deduces what it must be?

Personally, I would say yes, via rule 11 of the Official Ghost Rules:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=30310

But it's a consensus thing, so I'd like to hear what other ghosters think.

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Metal dawn, the only thing I had to go by was Peter's post... and Peter spelled it "Sylvester," both times!
    Don't take such offense, I said I was just kidding...and then went on babbling. But I WAS just kidding. Forgive me, come on.
    Please?

Ooopss my bad.
    spoiler:
    You do need a key.

BTW it's Slyvester....Sly-vester...get it? He's supposed to be me.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx
    Ooopss my bad.
    spoiler:
    You do need a key.

BTW it's Slyvester....Sly-vester...get it? He's supposed to be me.
    I wonder about that. You're also two people at the same time (Grocer Foxx and Slyvester). Great touch there.

Yes or no:

spoiler:
    does any of the eggs have something to do with the zombies?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf421
    Yes or no:

spoiler:
    does any of the eggs have something to do with the zombies?
    No
    (I was going to leave it at that but the forums require at least 5 characters in a message)

thanks Norman,

I still cannot trigger the convo in the gambling room, te guards never went on red alert, but did say "What was that noise" when I put out a torch, could this be why?

Any one have any input as to why its not working for me?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf421
    thanks Norman,

I still cannot trigger the convo in the gambling room, te guards never went on red alert, but did say "What was that noise" when I put out a torch, could this be why?

Any one have any input as to why its not working for me?
    I BJ'd the guard and had no trouble triggering the conversation. I did not listen to it but found it strange that the converstations went on even after everyone was BJ'd. I guess that is a T2 flaw or something.
    I just went in, got all the loot, and left.
    Albert

Well, I for sure wouldn't talk much after just been BJ'd.

It's like that because the conversation is an "ambient" not a true DromEd "conversation."
    spoiler:
    It plays only once when Garrett gets within' a certain radius of the ambient sound marker which should only be possible about 1/2 way down the ramp to the gambling room. If you rush through that area and start wacking the gamblers it won't end because it's not tied to the AI in any way. The conversation is a little over 60 seconds and it takes about that much time for a new player to assess the situation and sneek past the guard or sneek up on him and blackjack him, then set Garrett up to enter the gambling room and deal with the gamblers.

Rooftops, ledges, jumping in (and out) of windows - just what a thief needs. Great fun. I think the yard outside the court house is the bleakest place Ive seen in thief. Full marks all round.

I need help finding the key to the door of the building I am standing on in the link below. This seems to be the highest accessible place in the whole FM.

FMDump033

Hint:
    spoiler:
    who owns the warehouse?

Spoiler
    spoiler:
    it's in norton's house ...the blue stone one North. upstairs on a window sill

Surprised that view didn't crash the game!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast