TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Unfinished Business" by SlyFoxx!!! (Mar. 11/2005)

Well, there is no question that you up high. Way, way high. But what building is that?

Edit: Looks like Sly beat me to it. Nevermind.

Thanks SlyFoxx. I had another case of "ask the question, and then immediately find out the answer in game."

One tilt of the mouse and I got poly errors. You will never guess how I reached the top of the warehouse.
    spoiler:
    I saw the wood pegs sticking out after I climbed up, and also noticed that I could get up by the roof tops of the other buildings.

spoiler:
    I shot a rope arrow on one side near the top and climbed up, jumped onto the 10' fence, walked around the corner, shot another rope arrow near the top of the warehouse, and climbed up.

Anyway I am really enjoying this FM.

I gave up trying to trigger the convo and opened the sound files in Winamp, pretty funny stuff, there Sly, and darn good voice acting too!
    Awesome FM, there should be a sequel where Garrett pays them a visit in the Jail
    Got all 4 eggs too, thanks to Moghedian ( i do hope I spelled that correctly) and a hint snowcap posted. Thanks guys,

And thank you as well SlyFoxx, for the terrific mission! Encore!

I'm about halfway through and had to write and say WOW!!!

This mission is just fantastic, Slyfoxx- PLEASE don't move to the TDS Editor yet, I beg of you- (at least not exclusively!). I've been having a blast since the loadout. The monologue given by the writer in the house was wonderful to listen to and certainly set the scene nicely.

I love how there's quite a few ways to get places; the cemetary is frightening, movement on the rooftops is so easy and natural (and no crashes when looking around), the AI are nice and tough making fighting a bitch (which is how it should be) (oh yeah, my arm's healed up to the point where I can get into swordfights again ), and the design is gorgeous!

Way to go way to go way to go! I'm not stuck yet, but just had to rave-
    I just loved the part where:
    spoiler:
    I triggered the mega-zombies, got into a grab-ass match getting through the gates, hid in the shadows, and watched them take out a slew of guards! Very scary and exciting!

Thanks for releasing the mission!

Nice to finally have you back in the game.

I have no plans as of yet to start working with the TDS editor. In fact I think my next new mission will be a very small TDPG one.

I also bought Doom3 the other day...close to finishing that (In the Delta labs)...I'm pretty impressed with the engine and the creepyness of the game. In really looking forward to what the dark mod crew comes up with there.

Glad you folks are having fun taffing after Barlett.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx
    I have no plans as of yet to start working with the TDS editor. In fact I think my next new mission will be a very small TDPG one.

I also bought Doom3 the other day...close to finishing that (In the Delta labs)...I'm pretty impressed with the engine and the creepyness of the game. In really looking forward to what the dark mod crew comes up with there.

Glad you folks are having fun taffing after Barlett.
    Doom3 is a steaming pile of crap. You should have talked to me first, there was no need to buy it.

That would be WONDERFUL! I miss T1/G missions being released.

I DO have a question now but don't want to read anything that might spoil the end of UB for me... Does the psychic in fact have any treasure??? I thought the bookcase might be hiding something and I'm trying to get the 100% loot (which is one of the main reasons I'm taking my time, making the FM last).

I have no plans as of yet to start working with the TDS editor.
    That's a relief to hear. Lately it feels like everyone has been gravitating to T3Ed.

Finished last night and I had a LOT of fun! I read some of the earlier posts and see there are 4 hidden Easter Eggs??? Well, guess I'll have to play again soon and see if I can find any. I kinda figured the watch had a use but forgot all about it...Time to use my brain a little now!

Thanks again Slyfoxx. (Was Kosh named after my favorite Vorlon or is the name a coincidence?)

hi all...feeling rather dumb....cannot find mayor's house or anything to do in the graveyard....finished taking
    spoiler:
    cooper to his just reward
    and jsut can't find anywhere else to go!

the mayor's house is the
    spoiler:
    large white stone house on the NE corner of the map.

and yes that's our favorite Vorlon.

the mayor's house is the
    spoiler:
    large white stone house on the NE corner of the map.

and yes that's our favorite Vorlon.
    Thanks, had actually already been there and missed that the judge and mayor were the same....duh!

Great mission! I enjoyed it very much.
    Except, I still can't figure out what to do with the watch
    spoiler:
    Can't destroy it and it won't do anything if you leave it in the bathroom
    Anyone give me a better hint please?

Good stuff, Sly. I really liked the uneven floors and roads. It gave the town a sense of history. The multiple rooftop paths were also well implemented (a feature everyone should strive to include). The new zombies were a mixed bag, but I applaud the effort (they sounded a bit like Cylon Warriors). The sewers were excellent, especially with the underused red spiders. Has anyone managed to make them crawl on ceilings yet? Or descend on a web? I'm hoping for something similar to those creepy, jumpy spider cyborgs from Quake 2: Ground Zero.

I'm catching up on my congrats-posts after having a very Thiefy weekend of THREE new FMs!! Woo-hoo!!!

SlyFoxx, just reread most of the previous posts you'll have my reaction as well: Excellent, great, cool, fantastic, blah, blah, blah! Architecture and voice-acting alone make this a must-play.

I probably should mention, though, that something weird happened when I got about halfway through this mission. For no apparent reason, right after I picked up most of the items in the Mayor's house, the game suddenly slowed down to a jerky crawl, and was all but unplayable. I tried to fix it a few different ways, but eventually restarted and it did not happen on my second try. In case anyone else has this problem, just restart and it should be fine.

Thanks again SlyFoxx, and I'm very glad to hear you're not hanging up your Dromed hat just yet!

another FM I'm looking foward to is Just Friends Part 2

by ShadowWolfe421:

another FM I'm looking foward to is Just Friends Part 2
    ....it's on it's way, fellow taffer!

(Thanks for the encouragement!)

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret
    Yay!!!

Bassmanret- Glad to hear it's almost ready!
    I played Pt1 a couple months ago and it was REALLY good!

Quote Originally Posted by Ponterbee
    Bassmanret- Glad to hear it's almost ready!
    I played Pt1 a couple months ago and it was REALLY good!
    I haven't finished yet, but I love it so far. Are you enjoying Unfinished Business, Ponterbee?

Quote Originally Posted by warriorbabe
    Great mission! I enjoyed it very much.
    Except, I still can't figure out what to do with the watch
    spoiler:
    Can't destroy it and it won't do anything if you leave it in the bathroom
    Anyone give me a better hint please?
    You're on the right track. What's even worse than leaving in the bathroom?

Is it a bug, or is the guard patroling the top of the warehouse(I assume - the two unfrobbable double doors that you get to via pipes?) hyper-sensitive? I put down three moss beds, took one step, and he was on me like drunk stench on Benny.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret

(Thanks for the encouragement!)
    WOHOOO! You are most wlecome any hope of your melodious voice in it?

no seriously, I think you have a really sexy voice,

perhaps I'm one of those wierd females with a voice fetish? need to check into that

derfy:
    He was kind of tough for me too. I alerted him and outran him a few times before putting him to sleep. But, if you
    spoiler:
    stay completely in shadows, you can sneak up and BJ him. There is one side of the roof that is dark (north, I think). Try to sneak up on him there.
    At least that worked for me.

ShadowWolfe421:
    Aw shucks, and golly jeepers.. ..thank you! Yes, I'll be doing some voice work in Part 2..., and that's all I'm going to say about that....for now.

Now, enough of this thread-hijacking, and back to praising SlyFoxx!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast