TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Unfinished Business" by SlyFoxx!!! (Mar. 11/2005)

Eggs...

Ok, I dropped off the evidence at Mr. Kent's house. Now I need to know what to do with the watch. I've tried thinking deviously, but nothing's come to mind. Am I supposed to frame him, or something? I didn't see a whorehouse or the like, so maybe it's something criminal. I'd like more direct hints to 2&3, if you please. For 4, maybe just a subtle hint, to mull over in my mind. PM me if you wish.

Update: I had an insight on 2(or 3 or 4(but it didn't work). I tried tossing the watch near where they were gambling, but no go. Am I close?

As for the guard on the warehouse roof. I did nothing to "pump him up." I know he's a bit of a bugger but I liked that he's extra hyper. And since Benny is
    spoiler:
    Blind...(go stand in front of him and hop up and down and point an arrow at his head... )
    it evens out.

Slyfoxx, I loved the immersion factor in this FM. Felt like I was really there. Thank you so much for providing this gem to us taffers. In fact a big thanks to all of the talented folks who create these missions.

Yeah- I think the only guard who's 'pumped up' is the BJ-proof one guarding the armory near the starting point. I only killed one other guard in my second playthrough and he died normally. (Ghosted the helmet-head the second time around now that I know what's down there.)

Derfy, since they're Easter Eggs, I doubt anyone will post the solutions. At least not for awhile anyway. In fact, I don't even know what they are yet!

RE: Helment Head. That's my camio appearence. Sly-vester. I had fun having him hunt for me around the watch office. I'd wack him on the head and run...he'd search...another wack...and so on. I wanted to implement a Bonus objective where if you wacked him like 50 times with the BJ you got some kind of silly reward but I had no idea how to implement it in game and I was very close to release so....it never got done.

Quote Originally Posted by derfy
    Ok, I dropped off the evidence at Mr. Kent's house. Now I need to know what to do with the watch. I've tried thinking deviously, but nothing's come to mind. Am I supposed to frame him, or something? I didn't see a whorehouse or the like, so maybe it's something criminal. I'd like more direct hints to 2&3, if you please. For 4, maybe just a subtle hint, to mull over in my mind. PM me if you wish.

Update: I had an insight on 2(or 3 or 4(but it didn't work). I tried tossing the watch near where they were gambling, but no go. Am I close?

spoiler:
    Think of something really nasty that'd ruin a watch

I just started and I love this mission. I really like the openness given to the player on manuvering around the map. Great work!!!

@Slyfoxx- Hehe- That would have been the craziest Easter Egg ever. Maybe have/had him explode like a frogbeast and leave a fire arrow in his wake or something. I never thought to taunt BJ-proof guards in such a way before. Gonna have to start doing that now.

Ok, I got the watch egg done. Now on to the others.

I really really enjoyed playing this one, I went looking for the easter eggs after reading this and got 'em all

Just a thought, as the subject of this is revenge you could have had another egg "rescue" Smith from the cells and dump him in the cemetry with the zombies who would then exact their revenge and die peacefully would have been rather poetic I think

On the other hand you have to stop somewhere

Excellent mission

After minimal research, I've come to realize that Arnold Rimmer, David Lister, and the ever-present "smeg" are references to the futuristic spoof/sitcom "Red Dwarf." Funny stuff.
    Last edited by metal dawn; 30th Mar 2005 at 21:39.

Lootlist and walkthrough

You can get them at Cheap Thief Missions here. Many thanks to epithumia for hosting them

Weee. A walkthrough. So this is the big time 'eh!? I like it. Thanks for the effort foxx, peter and nightwalker.

About the loot list....I read it once but had missed this error.

spoiler:
    In the game/gambling room the loot list says 17 candlesticks. It should be some thing like "17 gold coin stackes."

I can see it now. All the rich guys are out on the town for a night of gambling but they are betting with the wife's gold candle sticks. better not lose 'em or you be sleeping on the couch for a while

Please!!!! Could you give just one more clue about the fourth egg??
    Pretty please...

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx
    About the loot list....I read it once but had missed this error.
    Hmmm - no error there now Thanks, epithumia

Slyfoxx you out did yourself. Loved it! I am now a happy taffer!!

Well I found two eggs, the
    spoiler:
    watch and the evidence eggs.
    Can someone please give a few more hints on the other two?

I thought I had one figured out as there are a few things in the mission that suggest some naughty business between Norton and the Mayor, so I tried
    spoiler:
    dropping them into bed together
    but that wasn't it. Am I on the right track?

Quote Originally Posted by Stanbeta
    Please!!!! Could you give just one more clue about the fourth egg??
    Pretty please...
    I won't tell you the 4th egg, but I'll tell you a secret instead.

spoiler:
    When an egg is actually a secret objective, and you get really stumped, check the zip file for the objective file, and read the optional objective descriptions. They can give you clues as to what to do.

Yes, I'm quite aware that's cheating, but aren't we playing the role of someone who'd do something a little sneaky to get what he wants? Besides, I'd never do it unless I'd exhausted all other options.

Of course, this won't work for eggs that don't click off objectives, but sometimes there are other clues in the zip file (left by the designer on purpose).

Sorry to the egg hunters, I had them for breakfast. Also sorry to Sluggs, hope it didn't hurt too much.

I'm really enjoying this - I love climbing all over the whole place and finding different ways to move around. But I'm
    spoiler:
    stuck with old Barlett and I have got the right one.
    I've thrown him, dropped him, placed him gently by the guy behind the fence in the sewers but the objective just isn't ticking off. I've done a search here but the other answers refer to the wrong bloke.

Am I in the wrong place?

It is not old Barlett, the mayor. It should be new Barlett, aka Cooper, the guy with the green thief-like outfit.

Thanks and Sorry - I should have been more precise in my description
    spoiler:
    it is Cooper that I've got and he's bloody heavy!

OK. Well, it seems that you have encountered an apparent bug that has never been resolved. Most people can finish, but a few cannot, and we don't know why. Presumably all your other objectives are complete. Then the answer is CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-END.

I would be curious to see if your save game has this problem or it is something about your computer or installation. You could e-mail me a save where you have Cooper near his destination. Save again and pick the one with the most recent date.

I've not done that before (email a save - I assume its straitforward) but will certainly have a go.

spoiler:
    I'm presuming the 'don't kill cooper' wiould also tick off once I got him to the sewer spot.

I do not understand your spoiler question and the word "presume". The objective does not click off for you, right? My question is, does it click off for me when I use your save. I don't know. That may shed some light into the cause of the problem.

As for the e-mail, you save the game again in the problem area to set the date on the file, and then you find the save file in the Saves folder as the one having the most recent date, and then you attach that particular file to a message. If you zip it up, it will be smaller, but it doesn't matter to me.

Finally I have been able to play the fm and I love it!
    Bravo SlyFoxx
    It's a great great great fm!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast