TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM "Unfinished Business" by SlyFoxx!!! (Mar. 11/2005)

UnFinished Business

Hi Sly,

You've got a good mission going here but I have to report a problem. When I deliver Cooper B. to the Downwinder waiting in the sewers, there is no reaction from the 'winder and no 'Mission Complete' ender showing. Think that can be fixed sometime?

Otherwise I've enjoyed every minute playing it.

Do I understand correctly that you are working on another Bafford mission?

If so, I'll be waiting for it !

That problem has been noted before and was determined to be caused by playing with an unpatched version of Thief 2. You're not missing anything, though as that is where the mission ends. Just use the "Ctrl+alt+shft+end" keys to complete the mission.

Fourth Egg Help

Just finished this one.
    But couldn't figured out what to do with the watch. Even reading the spoiler didn't helped. Someone? Help? Please?
    Awesome fm, just fantastic. Thanks SlyFoxx!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Just finished this one.
    But couldn't figured out what to do with the watch.
    Search for watch and check the post by ShadowWolf421. Any hints beyond that might spoil it.

I read all the posts and spoilers, including the ones of ShadowWolf421, Norman Druart and snowcap21.
    The other eggs i got right away, but this one.....
    I tried everything i could think of: all my arrows, tossing it in to fire or all kind of water sours including the sower, the graveyard, the bar, all the cells in gale, one of the chimneys, touring it from a high place, give it to the reporter and i cant remember what more... its driving me crazy.
    I know its probably a simple and obvious thing but i just don't get it.

It's not simple or obvious at all. That was the point. I made some hints for the other 3 eggs but for this one it's just a matter of "if you think to do it." From the spolier in your post I can say you are one the right track...very close as a matter of fact.

The problem is that I'm filling that i got to the end of track.
    I have no idea were to go to from here.
    I'm totally frustrated. ~a smiley bursting in tears~

@Liz
    spoiler:
    Think of something very dirty.

SinisterShadow- dirty in the sens of not clean? because if yes than I'm in a bigger jam then i thought.
    Since my thoughts are really really jammed hear maybe you could lead my there in other way? and it was said it is near eggs 2&3. does it in the same building?
    I'm really sorry for my so unusual hard understanding!
    I thought of playing other FM and coming bake with a fresh mind but it bugs me to much, i just cant stop thinking of it, try to figure it out.
    Oh, and just wanted to mention that i tried to trow it to the toilet, all of them.
    Last edited by Liz; 16th May 2006 at 23:21.

Sent Liz a PM. Might be a glitch in the Qvar Trap.

Sewer access?

I must be the dummest Taffer around. I cannot find a way into the sewer to finish this mission. I found two sewer lids, both stuck by a block of steel. I need a spoiler please.

You just need to unlock one with your lock picks. Step back a bit and frob...if you're too close the door will collide with Garrett.

I did unlock the cover. Still won't open. Just makes funny sounds.

Because you are standing too close to it. Try this. Back up so you have to lean forward to highlight ..frob...and quickly release your lean key.

That type of door has always been a hastle.

Yep, that did it. Thank you so much. Great mission. I had a ball climbing over the rooftops.

well i am stumped too!

the dirtiest place i could think of to leave the watch was the sewer -nope - no egg joy on that burn!

EDIT:
    YAY! i figured it out!!!
    (maybe certain bugs are'nt that bad after all!)

but i am totally lost on the other two! do they have anything to do with the 2 scrolls i got from DB's attic?

ok - i figered it out!
    obvious in hindsight!

and i dropped those two scrolls on the desk above anyways - more documentation to hang on the dirty rats!
    (maybe word may even filter down to Foxx's wife! sorry Sly - just had to let you (THAT you of course) know!!! LOL! )

AND - another one down and done!
    Thanx Sly - ever so much fun doling out the lessons to the taffers that THINK they can fark over the G man and get away with it!

OH!:
    what's what's B.A., M.A., and B.A.M.F.?
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 18th Nov 2009 at 09:59.

Will anybody be so kind to spoil me the "eggs"? I found the obvious one, but not the three others. Even the watch egg - tried to dump it in every place I think...

And yes, I read the thread. You guys (and girls) are fantastic in giving hints but I seem to be too dumb to understand them...

The watch
    spoiler:
    goes in a VERY nasty smelly place...just don't get stung.

The two others
    spoiler:
    are bad men who need a just desert

Worth a replay if you are looking for an older FM for a quick, yet fun play. Not everything is obvious. Slow down and look for things in areas you would not expect. Many doors are locked and cannot be picked. The keys are not usually near the doors. This is one older FM I missed and I'm glad I found it.

I must agree...the designer is bloody brilliant.

Digged this one out, played it for an hour or so but couldn't end it, it finally becomes laggy and breaks down. Tried it twice, even the quicksave does not work. It is always when I explored the city and the sewers and climb on the roof of the the warehouse. Played under the ND installation but still didn't try the OD instalation on my older system.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    A dedx bug
    this gamesys dml will help

Code:
    DML1//DEDX fix//Unfinished Business//UnBus1.gam.dml
    -ObjProp -7222 "Fungus"
    Restart mission, use NewDark, FMSel or NewDarkloader. Put the dml into the FM folder.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    This is an very old dedx gamesys bug which can occur in every dedx mission (or not). it has nothing to do with NewDark.
    Elevator Mission T2/mission 9 is a known dedx mission with this bug

The fucking fungus!

How the hell do you guys figure this stuff out?

Thanks for fiking my broken shit.

How can can i get out of the starting quarter. If i run out of the quarter through the outet or passage, garrett stops like a invisible gate

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast