TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM The Cell Next Door Mar.28/05

What they said.

D'oh

I just started the mission and am already having a problem
    spoiler:

I lifted the key off the guard passing my cell, but my cell door w'nt highlight so it can be used on it.

Thankee Taffers!

@White Falcon - something is wrong. I can't get the door to highlight either, and it was fine for me all through beta testing and initial release. I have tried re-installing Gaylesaver's scripts, but that doesn't help either.

Edit: I reckon I'm being silly here. I downloaded the FM again, and now the door highlights a couple of seconds after I've nicked the key. There is obviously a cunning delay in place that I failed to notice before.
    Last edited by ffox; 23rd Jun 2005 at 06:24. Reason: False alarm

I waited for quite awhile (the guard had done about 5 or 6 full rounds of the jail) and it still didn't highlight for me. I downloaded a new copy, tried again but still no luck. If I load up a save from when I played it before, though, the door highlights and can be locked and unlocked. How long did you wait, ffox?

The wait is about 2 seconds. I've just tried again, and it's still OK.

I'll try d-loading a new copy as well. And I thought that I was losing my thiefy edge when I couldn't figure out how to escape the cell.

Quote Originally Posted by ffox
    There is obviously a cunning delay in place that I failed to notice before.
    That cunning delay exists because otherwise you can steal the key and open the door simultaneously, which alerts the guard. Anyway, I can't seem to reproduce the unfrobable door problem on my end, so I've got no idea how to fix it.

@Morrgan - Yes, I've got another mission in the works. The sewers and basement of the crematorium are done, and I'm working on the first and second floors right now. If I can tear myself way from coding a procedural texture generator for Dromed, it might get done by the end of summer.
    Last edited by Francine; 23rd Jun 2005 at 22:51.

I played a bit of T2X after my last post. The problem is back.

So it's modifying something that's required for this mission? Very strange. At least we know what it is. Maybe when I'm done exploring T2X, I'll uninstall it and reinstall T2 to make sure I don't run into similar problems with other missions.

OK, I know what it is now - I must have been a bit confused earlier.

When I play T2X the darkhook.dlx file is deleted from my Thief2 folder. (This is one of the files in
    the Gaylesaver script package UsrScriptT2_1x2BugFix.zip which you can download from Cheap Thief Missions here.)

So, after playing T2X I need to extract darkhook.dlx from the zip archive into the Thief2 folder to get things back to normal before loading this FM; the door will then highlight 2 seconds after Garret nicks the key.

Nightwalker - could you confirm this please?

Yes, that did it. Just reinstalling that file got the cell door to highlight.

So it was'nt just me after all. Thanks for the help, all.

Phew, I just had the same problem with the door and couldn't work out what I'd done wrong/was doing wrong.

BTW, I've just discovered FMs and this was the first mission I've loaded.

If they are all as good as this one, well, I don't think I'll ever stop playing Thief.

Great effort.

Jason

You are in for a treat. TCND is a very good little one - there are more of these, and some very good big ones and very good middle ones out there too. Search this forum for "recommended" and enjoy.

Archivist
    No posting in almost 3 years? shame!

Nice little mission, Francine

I like the way the mission progresses, and the description together with the readables give it just the bit of background it needs.

Took me 9 minutes and 43 seconds to complete, with all the loot found on Ghost difficulty.
    One of the best small missions I've played lately. I'm looking forward to your next.

Quote Originally Posted by Francine View Post
    @Morrgan - Yes, I've got another mission in the works. The sewers and basement of the crematorium are done, and I'm working on the first and second floors right now. If I can tear myself way from coding a procedural texture generator for Dromed, it might get done by the end of summer.
    Are you still working on it? What's the latest news?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'd love to know too! If it's abandoned (hopefully not), I'll host it in the archive on my site. Maybe someone else will finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phantom View Post
    Are you still working on it? What's the latest news?
    The crematorium project was abandoned due to lack of a concrete story. I started working on a small Hammerite/City mission, but the story grew too ambitious for the space. Then with graduation and a new job, real life pulled me away from Dromed.

Recently, I've found the need to tell stories again. I'm tempted to simply move on to The Dark Mod, but there's something about Dromed's limitations that foster creativity.

I'm glad people are still interested, and that might just be enough motivation for me to put something together.

bikerdude
    can a date be put on the first post

ta

biker

Agreed. saw the words 'New FM' and jumped right on it. I fall for it every time only to see its old and I've played it.

the cell next door

the cell door did not light up for me either so i jumped up and down and the guard came into my cell so i ran out to the far left hand corner and went down the elevator then waited till he calmed down this should help some of you

Quote Originally Posted by Francine View Post
    Recently, I've found the need to tell stories again. I'm tempted to simply move on to The Dark Mod, but there's something about Dromed's limitations that foster creativity.

I'm glad people are still interested, and that might just be enough motivation for me to put something together.
    \o/ I missed this before...

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    can a date be put on the first post

ta

biker
    seconded a date would be very useful

I've just played through this again and as soon as I started I thought "I've played this", still it's a nice mission so I finished it, there seem to be a few changes from the original I played like a missing barrel that blocked a door and the door it blocked no longer frobbing, improvements if anything, so still recommended to anyone who hasn't seen it

and belated congratulations on the graduation francine

Stuck in Cell Next Door

Gotten curious after a forum member mentioned this FM.

I'm playing The Cell Next Door by Frank Mitchell, and I'm 26 short of loot. Found a crown in the sewers, the loot my thief collegue hid away, a bag of gold on the bench in the big room of the chapel, and some other more obvious bottles and cups. Can someone help me? Really frustrating not being able to finish this mission!

The main thread on this mission is here . There are several posts that mention hard to find bits of loot so if you check them out, you may find what you need to complete the mission.

This FM, in my opinion, is a shining example of what a small mission should be.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast