TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Insurrection, T2 FM (04/05/2005)

Thanks Dafydd.
    spoiler:
    I should have made it clearer. I found the scientist in the music room but I can't complete the mission until I find out why they are taking over. I thought there was something in the observatory to complete this objective.

Ghost
    Sir Lance, there are several things you could be talking about:

spoiler:
    First, there is a book in the music-room secret room that satisfies the first objective to find out what's going on; it also gives you the objective to confront the Big Bad and retrieve the evidence of the cometary close-approach.

Second, in the Observatory, the Big Bad is standing next to a desk; on that desk is a scroll (one of those Lost City scrolls); frobbing this scroll gives you the evidence you need to satisfy the objective from the scientist's book.

(Like everything else there, it's not readable.)

There are three chests I can't open; I'm sure the Chest Key would open some or all of them: two in the secret room behind the bookcases in the South Mansion, and one in the room that leads to the Gallery that leads to the Attic. I can't find the Chest Key... anybody remember where it was?

Thanks,

Dafydd

The key you're looking for is in the secret room behind the library. But where?

A hint:
    spoiler:
    Look up and notice the material of the ceiling

Outright spoiling:
    spoiler:
    Ropearrow up to the ceiling with the wood fixtures. It's on top of one of them

Thanks Dafydd but I still don't understand.
    spoiler:
    I can only find the red book on the table in the room with the scientist. I have checked all the scrolls I already have and none of those trigger the new objective. The secret button under the desk only gives you loot from the music room so is there another button I can't find or are my objectives not working correctly. Maybe this is why I have bots and others don't on expert!

Ghost
    Sir Lance, reading that red book should give you an objective that reads:

spoiler:
    The undead are taking over under the command of a fallen war leader. Confront him in the city observatory using the scientist's key and get the evidence of the reasoning behind the invasion.

If this didn't happen, there is indeed something wrong.

I don't know why you're getting bots; nobody else seems to be doing. Perhaps Hipbreaker will answer you? Evidently, you can trigger the appearance of other AI by doing various things, such as stealing particular pieces of loot. Maybe you did that, and the rest of us haven't?

Dafydd

Ghost
    Thanks, Musopticon; I finally got it and was able to get into the three chests.

I'm still missing one secret and about 400 loot. I got three secrets, but I only specifically remember two of them:

spoiler:
    The secret passage between the office and the barracks, and the switch in the scientist's room that moves the hammer that's on stage.

I got another one, but I don't recall what it was. Can somebody please post the other two secrets?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Thanks, Musopticon; I finally got it and was able to get into the three chests.

I'm still missing one secret and about 400 loot. I got three secrets, but I only specifically remember two of them:

spoiler:
    The secret passage between the office and the barracks, and the switch in the scientist's room that moves the hammer that's on stage.

I got another one, but I don't recall what it was. Can somebody please post the other two secrets?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Dafydd,
    spoiler:
    Secret library room. Also In the second half of the mansion, the staircase room with the camera, at the bottom of the stairs there is a button that opens a secret compartment.

Sir lance,
    spoiler:
    Not sure what is going on here. If you have read the red book on the table in the room with the scientist, you should get a new objectives tick, and then go and retrieve the evidence in the observatory. Not sure what is going on.

Thank you anyway HipBreaker for this mission.
    spoiler:
    I definately don't get any new objective when I read the red book or the other objective does not tick off but I guess it is just one of those things. I have all the right scripts installed.

The same thing happened to me actually. I read the scientists book, and the "New Objective" message ticked on, but there was nothing new in my list. I just went through with the observatory anyway, and the mission completed normally, so it's no big deal.

Also, this is my first post here. I've been lurking for a while, but I just completed this mission 5 minutes ago, and I had to register to thank HipBreaker

Thanks for your work, this is definately a very fun and tense mission . I love undead missions, and this was a wonderfully crafted one.

Ghost
    Sir Lance and SilverD, it's possible you did get the new objective. What happened for me is that the new one actually replaced the old one, which simply disappeared. Thus, I did not have a checked-off objective... the two objectives are not that dissimilar, so it's easy to miss that the objective has changed: I didn't notice it for some time, until somebody mentioned something about the observatory.

Does your objective say what I quoted above? If so, then that is the new objective!

Thanks, HipBreaker; it was the last secret you mentioned that I haven't gotten. I'll go get it now and finish the mission.

Dafydd

No, my list of objectives didn't change, I loaded a savegame and re-did it just to make sure

Same here. I still have the original objective that won't tick off when I read the book.

That is very strange, I do not know the cause of this

Great mission!

Thanks HipBreaker ! Great ambient sounds, beautiful colors and textures. Tough gameplay, although I only needed help with the vault code. The zombies do wake up if you go near them, even after the big showdown at the Observatory. I finished up with well over 200 short of loot and only 3 out of 4 secrets though but that's typical of me I just have to play it again...

I really liked
    spoiler:
    the boarded-up houses, I only checked them out after the undead were dead,
    and a good thing too it was. The only strategic mistake I made was knocking out all the guards before going on into the Mansion...

Gone, but never forgotten
    I miss 124 po

How to stop alarm when one opened the safe because all guards put oneself in alarm?

Very very nice mission!:-D

i think i found a little bug....my rope arrows do not work...they did before i went into the mansion...but when i try and use them inside the bow comes out, they make the sound of shooting then drop....and disappear...sometimes on the carpet they will show up, but on stone, they are gone,....

went back outside....and they do not work on the areas they did earlier in the game...

anyhoo......finally finished....there is lot packed into this mission...thoroughly enjoyed it...loved the fancy lights and all the attention to detail....good story also....way good...

now.......gimme more
    Last edited by nil8hate; 10th Apr 2005 at 01:11.

Strange with the arrows

As for the compliments, than you very much I tried to put a lot of detail (probably why I hit the brush limit and didn't stop building, and put well over 3000 objects)

As for giving more, sad to say I wouldn't count on anything new for a while from me, this may have been my last project. As far as thief 3 is concerned...well we will see.

I had the bots appear once. They appeared when I set off the alram in the "South Mansion" art room. I think it was the only camera in the south mansion. I reloaded and went back in after I killed the alarm
    spoiler:
    with the switch in the office in the North Mansion.

Dominoid

Have the same problem with the objective as Sir Lance. As for the secrets, there's one
    spoiler:
    on the floor in the corner, adjacent to the room with the horn and flute

The only thing I can think of (which I can't check right now because I am not at home) would be that maybe I forgot to add TrapControlFlags once to the trigger that controls the new objectives. So if you read it more than once it would revert back? But then again you say you are completing the quest normally...heh..I am stumped.

Dominoid

spoiler:
    I started the FM again from scratch to see if your theory about the bots had any baring on why the old objective was not ticking off and why I wasn't getting the new one. It is still the same but you are right about the bots. It seems if you don't set off the alarm in the art room you don't get all the bots. This makes a massive difference to the difficulty of the game !!!!

Antidote- where?

Can someone pls tell me where I can find the antidote? Can't seem to find it...

Quote Originally Posted by bobber
    Can someone pls tell me where I can find the antidote? Can't seem to find it...
    It's in
    spoiler:
    Lord Krauft's vault in a green safe.

I checked in DromEd and all the triggers are set for 'Once' so I have no idea what is causing that problem

I am curious as to what my beta testers thought of the final mission, any thoughts?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast