TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Insurrection, T2 FM (04/05/2005)

With all the praise this FM is getting I would hate to sound negative on it, but here goes: I would just like to comment that it was good, but I am very disappointed with the number of chests that requires keys. I enjoyed the first 45 or so saved game minutes, but all the Chests that you can't pick the locks on and the Vault room, which contained a lot of chests and other loot that just wasn't frobable.
    This is just taking away from the enjoyment of this FM, for me at least. This is on the Expert level.
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by Abert
    With all the praise this FM is getting I would hate to sound negative on it, but here goes: I would just like to comment that it was good, but I am very disappointed with the number of chests that requires keys. I enjoyed the first 45 or so saved game minutes, but all the Chests that you can't pick the locks on and the Vault room, which contained a lot of chests and other loot that just wasn't frobable.
    This is just taking away from the enjoyment of this FM, for me at least. This is on the Expert level.
    Albert
    Okay, point taken. Three chests required the same key. The chests in the vault room are stricly decorative to make it seem like a rich room filled with treasure. If every chest was frobbable, not only would the loot objective be silly, it would be tiresome openeing all of the chests.

Quote Originally Posted by HipBreaker
    If every chest was frobbable, not only would the loot objective be silly, it would be tiresome openeing all of the chests.
    Tiresome!? why opening chests, especially in vaults, is a thief's favourite pastime ... we wants our LOOT ... speaking of which I missed picking up some loot somewheres ... and I need to go real bad ... ok where did you hide the wc?

Thanks so much for the FM. At first was skeptical when immediately ran into the room brush error. However, once in the mission, I throughly enjoyed playing it ... but most of all was intrigued by the design and attention to detail, room designs, angles and placement of objects, indentation in walls, ambience, use of space, etc. ... all of which shows that DromEd holds no limits on a vivid imagination.

I have the same problem as Sir Lance. I was expecting an objective change
    spoiler:
    after reading the scientists book
    but didn't get one. I carried on
    spoiler:
    and killed the demon and grabbed the evidence
    but I'm now stuck in limbo.

Good mission though.

I too have suffered the same or similar problems. The Objective didn't change when I found the scientist and red the red book. But I carried on anyway. When I got to the observatory and did away with the haunts leading to the telescope, I could pick up the evidence, but nothing else, including a parchment on the ground. This is where I am right now.

I think I've gone blind . . . I can't find the music room. Anyone care to point me in the right direction?

It's
    spoiler:
    in the first part of the mansion. Walk down the hallway from the chapel and turn right into a hallway. There are stairs up to a room with two other staircases, both of which lead down to the Music room.

D'oh! I remember ignoring those stairs when I first arrived at the mansion, I wanted to clear out the first floor before moving on. Thanks, for helping out my not too bright self once again.

Mission completed, gotta say, I love the new music. Very eerie. I'm glad I didn't wait for my laptop to get back before playing this one, I was worried I might not be able to handle myself around the zombies on this keyboard, but I survived. I couldn't deal with the haunts that appear when you're returning to your starting point but this mission's good enough that I'm replaying it the second I get my laptop back.
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

I am thrilled to see all the great responses for the music. My cousin, his friend and I worked hard for these tracks. I knew it would be something special, but it worked out better than I ever could have hoped. I informed him on the responses and he says that it is awesome you all like what we have done, and he thanks you for your kindness. Also, if you were wondering, that was my voice in the conversation hehe (tweaked mind you, but still I did the voice acting).

Wow, you all are really far...... I just got started but I can't find
    spoiler:
    a key for that door down in the sewers

I must be blind, since none of you have had this problem.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep
    Wow, you all are really far...... I just got started but I can't find
    spoiler:
    a key for that door down in the sewers

I must be blind, since none of you have had this problem.

Gloria Creep
    What you need to do is:

spoiler:
    Go through the sewer past the spider and through the catacombs. Go up the stairs and open the double doors. The Haunt standing there has a key on it's belt.

I am 330 loot short of finishing this FM on Expert. Can anyone suggest some not so obvious loot?
    I already have the "evidence".
    Albert

forgot to pick that one up .....

Thanks, Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............

Quote Originally Posted by HipBreaker
    I am thrilled to see all the great responses for the music.
    The music was awesome. It is the ONLY fan mission I've ever played where I enjoyed the custom music. Usually I dread it when I find out an FM has custom music and on a couple of occasions have gone so far as to fiddle with the files to get rid of it. Not only was yours unobtrusive but it was GOOD! It matched (and enhanced) the atmosphere of the FM perfectly.

hi please help me

first of all I gotta say great mission! excellent work... Im stuck at the cemetary which i cleansed of the unpure! I also went upstairs to the small garden and flipped the switch!

now what? where do I go next and is it possible to get into the tower next to the observatory?

This is such a FREAKING mission! WOW!!!

I ended with 3 out of 4 secrets and about 500 short in loot.
    But I was so glad to get out, that I was OK with that at that point.
    I'll try again, when I'm cooled off.

Hipbreaker, this is a very VERY COOLmisson! Thanks a lot!

My objective about the scientist also didn't tick off (played on Hard). I could read the book, but I couldn't take it with me. I also didn't get any new objectives. perhaps those were meant for the Normal version?

Gloria Creep

I think something is wrong with the quest trigger, only triggering the new objectives on expert and not hard. I will have to check this out. Sorry for all the confusion but also thank you for the wonderful compliments It makes the whole process worth it.

someone please help me! what do i have to do after flippin the switch... do i have to find the key for the observatory or wot?

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21
    someone please help me! what do i have to do after flippin the switch... do i have to find the key for the observatory or wot?
    Which switch? If you mean:
    spoiler:
    The switch that opens the door to the scientist, then simply grab the key off of his belt (Observatory Key) and make sure you read the book on the table

I had a problem (could be someone elses problem too, too lazy to check the thread) with the scientist objective not triggering. yeah I got the key and read the book. btw does the evidence in the observatory and the scrolls do anything?

Quote Originally Posted by TSFroggy
    I had a problem (could be someone elses problem too, too lazy to check the thread) with the scientist objective not triggering. yeah I got the key and read the book. btw does the evidence in the observatory and the scrolls do anything?
    The scrolls in the observatory do nothing. I assume you are playing on expert. You can pick up the scrolls, but you can't read them.
    Albert

I got the exact same problem as Sir Lance, Albert and god knows how many others! The objective on expert just doesnt trigger! I red the book i got the key and notin...

Right now Im at the final haunt's place but im out of ammo so I dont know how to take on him

any suggestions for where i can get additional ammo?

Quote Originally Posted by Orfeus21
    I got the exact same problem as Sir Lance, Albert and god knows how many others! The objective on expert just doesnt trigger! I red the book i got the key and notin...

Right now Im at the final haunt's place but im out of ammo so I dont know how to take on him

any suggestions for where i can get additional ammo?
    Sorry I took so long to reply. I suggest:

spoiler:
    Using a moss arrow to quiet your steps. (one can be found right outside the observatory in a bush) Then wait for him to turn his back, sneak up and back stab him.

Very VERY nice mission, HipBreaker. I liked most the small town.

Arrgh !!! The town is full of undead now. Why I have blackjacked every bluecoat... (like in Midnight in Murkbel).

I am short of loot - 300. I looked everywhere including 4 secrets... Any well hidden loot ?
    Last edited by Aspirin; 1st May 2005 at 03:25.

Great Mission!

Once I pulled my head out of the DromEd swamp recently, this has been the very first FM I've tried playing. Very enjoyable so far with a good mix of story and very nice terrain design. Just wanted to add my own praise for a job well-done

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast