TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Insurrection, T2 FM (04/05/2005)

Quote Originally Posted by frobber
    Once I pulled my head out of the DromEd swamp recently, this has been the very first FM I've tried playing. Very enjoyable so far with a good mix of story and very nice terrain design. Just wanted to add my own praise for a job well-done
    Thank you frobber That means a lot coming from such a great builder as yourself

Ghosting? Not quite.

Excellent mission, Hipbreaker. Great architecture, lighting, music, layout, and game play. I finished on Expert having BJ'ed all the AI that I could find except one who I gassed, missing 381 loot ().

I tried ghosting it at first. I discovered with some trial and error that two AI spawn when you take the last candlestick in the dining room. That annoyed me just a little, but OK, I left the last one behind and proceeded. Then, when I went back into the music room for the second time to get some stuff I had missed, I got not only Daffyd's screeching lady on the stairway (for no reason) but an archer with eyes in the back of his head, wearing a nuclear-powered hearing-aid, plus a lady in a pew who would alert after a certain amount of time had elapsed, say 20 seconds, while I was standing invisible and motionless behind her. Well, that tore it. Got out the BJ and nailed 40 of them including the police in their upstairs quarters.

After a few failures, I found an interesting way to kill the bad guy.
    spoiler:
    I let him chase me into town, and I ran around like crazy with him right on my tail, attracting guards and blue coats to the retinue, who finished him off from the rear but left me untouched. Then I beat it back home with a train of guards behind me. Luckily, the guards did not follow past a certain point.

As for designing a mission to be ghostable, I am generally not in favor of that because, unless it is done with great skill and with the introduction of some difficult situations, it almost always makes the mission too easy for all concerned, even the ghosters. If you want to try that, however, I would be pleased to work with you.

Thanks for the mission.

Terrific work, HipBreaker. And sluggs. I've had a wonderful time these past couple of days playing through this one. You can have the rest of the day off, guys.

im restarting this one bc the scientist objective didnt check off and i'm gonna try to not blackjack the archers so they can help out with those mighty-haunts

and folks dont ever fall asleep when taking a break from this FM, those ^$%#%#$@# haunts were even chasing me in my dreams!

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWolf421
    folks dont ever fall asleep when taking a break from this FM, those ^$%#%#$@# haunts were even chasing me in my dreams!
    Sounds exciting. Only I would be putting them on the run. I'm in the warrior capacity. I love fighting undead. No ghosting or dodging for me. I wish I could dream more about Thief.

i dont like ghosting myself and i will kill haunts when they are isolated enough so I'm not caught in a melee with a whole garrison of them.
    I consider myself a blackjack maniac, but i wouldn't reccomend blackjacking a haunt

For some reason I didn't have ghosting in mind while creating this, I was just trying to create something cool. I didn't lay all my options on the table before starting but I think it came out to be what I wanted it to be, minus the objective bug in which I have no idea why it does that to some and not others. I never encountered the problem during development and neither did my beta testers.

DromEd is evil

Played it through, but I can't remember...

Where is the gear for the vault on the first floor?

I have looked back and found that it is in the lord's bedroom. Where is this? Is this the heavilty guarded turreted double door room with a guards? How do you get through that?

BTW, I've given up ghosting here.
    -_-_-_-_-

Damn, found the switch. Nevermind. Sorry.
    -_-_-_-_-

Problem with the scientist Objective

I too have been unable to complete the game because the Objective to find the scientist and find out what caused the undead to appear will not tick off.

I have opened and entered the secret chamber in the
    spoiler:
    music room
    , got the Observatory key, opened every page of the book on the desk, (I think there may also be a scroll on the desk - if there is, I got it and read it), nabbed the loot item on the bookshelf, and used
    spoiler:
    the lever that opens the secret
    . All to no avail. I also tried picking up the scientist and dumping him outside in the main room, but the Objective still won't complete. I've finished everything else - found all the secrets, killed the flame head guy and got the evidence, but the game won't finish. Which is a shame, because otherwise it is excellent.

One specific question - when I open the chamber, the scientist can be heard falling down. Is he supposed to be dead when you find him or still just alive?

I have Thief 2 patched to version 1.18, and DarkLoader v4.1. I'm playing on Hard, so this doesn't just affect those playing on Expert. I've had a similar problem with Calendra's Legacy. I have never used Dromed, but there seems to be a problem aligning Objectives as they are communicated to the player with how the game itself regards them; which can seriously retard the enjoyment of otherwise excellent FMs.

Any help would be gratefully received.

I'm replaying this golden oldie by HipBreaker, although I'm not sure if you can call this oldie yet? Anyway, a great mission, thanks HipBreaker! I really like the music and lighting -- creepy

It's interesting how some of the things you remember doing quite easily back when you first played this now seem troublesome (of course the opposite is true as well!). For example, back then I found the key to the chests quite easily but now I had to search for a hint...

Anyway, I just did something I didn't dare to do the first time round:
    spoiler:
    I killed the scarecrow

Mansion

I just started playing and can't find anyway into the Mansion. Help, and be specific please. I am playing on expert.

There's a sewer hatch in the street. I'm pretty sure that's the way in.

Mansion

Hi Nightwalker. The sewer only leads to the graveyard unless I am missing something.

When you get to the graveyard there's a haunt standing with his back to you. He's wearing the Sewer key. Take it, go back down the stairs and back past the ladder you used to get into the sewers originally. Beyond the ladder, go through the doorway on the left into a room patrolled by an apparition. Leave through the other door that leads to another part of the sewer which gets you past the gear that blocks the passageway. There's another room here with 3 zombies on the floor. The door at the far side unlocks with the key you just found and gets you into the house.

Ahh, beat me to it Nightwalker, but I couldn't have said it better myself

Scientist

I got in the mansion and finished everything except I can;t find the scientist. Directions please!!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    IIRC look for a secret room in the theater. Maybe it was a torch lever that opens it? Nightwalker?

Yandros has it right. There's a torch on the left-hand side of the theatre (facing the stage) that opens a door in the back wall.

Objectives?

I love this mission, and I've just 'finished' it again, though because the scientist objective doesn't register the game doesn't finish. I tried returning to the music room after killing the bad guy and re-reading the book but that didn't work either.
    I notice that this was a commonly-experienced problem when it was first released, but I can't find a revised version.

Did anyone find a way to complete this mission? I played on Hard. Does it work on Expert? Is there a fixed version anywhere? I killed the bad guy then when I returned to the city all the haunts were dead. I want to replay it with mayhem in the city streets.

I love the small city area, though the archers are so alert and notice Garrett trying to climb up to them, and the huge mansion with all those odd passages, showy rooms but only one bedroom, no bathroom or kitchen, no toilets (no wonder some of the guards are a bit jumpy!) and lots of chandeliers that can't be turned off. Too much money I expect.

Oh boy has it been a while since I have thought about this little problem

Unfortunately there is no revised version (unless I forgot). I don't think I ever figured out this problem and at first glance I can't find it in the editor. I'll try and track it down and see if there can be an easy fix for this. Game ending (or in this case non-ending) errors are never fun.

Regardless, thank you for your kind words

I could use some help with this mission.

I think I got into the mansion area the wrong way, and now I can't get back out to go to the Observatory. I got in by using a stack of boxes to get over the fence via the roofs; there aren't enough boxes anywhere to repeat this trick on the way out.

I think I'm supposed to leave via the locked door across from the Chapel area, but I have no key and it isn't pickable. I would imagine that this door was also supposed to be the way in, too, only I bypassed it. All those boxes gave me the very strong idea that I was supposed to climb up, and since I got stuck in the sewer, I thought the rooftops were an altarnate route.

Am I hooped? Do I have to start again. (I would post that last as a question but I`ve just hit something on my keyboard and instead of getting a question mark I`m getting an ╔ - god, how I long for a keyboard that isn`t smarter than I apparently am).

I meant also to say that this was a really enjoyable mission. I, too, have the problem with the Scientist objective not ticking off, but I wasn`t going to worry about that too much. The mission is fun anyway.
    Last edited by Fraser; 7th Sep 2009 at 17:46. Reason: Forgot something

dml to fix a few issues courtesy Unna.

Fixes end game stats for secrets (there are 4 secrets in FM not 5 as end game stats records) and fixes a couple of AI's that get stuck.

Code:
    DML1//Insurrection//miss22.mis.dml

-MetaProp 140 -3371
    +ObjProp 2680 "PhysAIColl"         
    {
     "" false
    }
    +ObjProp 2682 "PhysAIColl"         
    {
     "" false
    }
    -ObjProp 1609 "Position"
    +ObjProp 1609 "Position"
    {
     "Location" -200.49,-39.12,108.11
     "Heading" 0
     "Pitch" 0
     "Bank" 0
    }
    -ObjProp 1683 "Position"
    +ObjProp 1683 "Position"
    {
     "Location" 123.99,3.12,100.11
     "Heading" 0
     "Pitch" 0
     "Bank" 0
    }
    +ObjProp 2289 "PhysAIColl"         
    {
     "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2290 "PhysAIColl"         
    {
     "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2291 "PhysAIColl"         
    {
     "" true
    }
    +ObjProp 2292 "PhysAIColl"         
    {
     "" true
    }
    -ObjProp 2258 "DarkStat"

I always play version 1f of this mission dated 08-08-2003
    Can I use this dml without problem?

Dˇttirin klŠ­ist oft mˇ­ur m÷ttli
    Guess you mixed this up with another mission, Keeper of the Prophecies Ep 3: The Insurrection. This mission was released 2005, latest version 1.3

http://thiefmissions.com/m/Insurrection

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast