TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Vote for an entry! (read topic header first)

Voters
157. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Nice Stroll

1 0.64%
  • Hazelshade Cemetery

40 25.48%
  • Requiem for a Thief

22 14.01%
  • Ride the Butterfly

2 1.27%
  • St. Lazarius

19 12.10%
  • Surrounded by the Metal Age

10 6.37%
  • The Clocktower

63 40.13%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: DromEd Beauty Contest!

look at her hands - is she going to grab her... ...nose ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flecha das Sombras

I just have a small question:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Flecha/odd.gif
    What the mean of this picture in a chatedral?
    I would say that it's a shining example of beauty...

Thought the Clocktower (it very quality making)looks like I ever wanted to see the Thief, but Requem so...so...so-o.. fairy, so sunny, so delicios. I see a town, that makes feel that Garrett not lonely in this world, I want to step on the roads of it's streets. It's global, thought a small. It's original story. And for all you see you must strated it 3 (THREE) times, for all difficulties.So as I can't vote for two, I vote for Requiem.

That vampire's grave in Hazelshade cemetary made me laugh. "105-400...Finally put to rest"

hard choice but i choose The Clocktower or maybe ?? lol

I voted for Requiem. There were some nice touches of detail (e.g windows projected onto the floor), but most importantly it made me feel something.
    Maybe it's because when we die we can normally just reload. Not this time

Clocktower and the Cemetary both had that 'this is a real place' atmosphere

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    i know whats with the picture in the clocktower, authors wife/girlfriend, oh look honey, you're in my fan mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Aja
    I would say that it's a shining example of beauty...
    S'right. 90% of paintings in that level are just some nice cuts of my art.
    See full size painting here:
    http://www.deviantart.com/view/15250800/

Zee clocktower was the best. Twas quite marvelously filled with objects and atmosphere. If I only had the time I'd fill my own mission with objects and various effects, but exams got in my way.
    Last edited by Alexius; 18th Apr 2005 at 20:02.

They seemed to really like breasts

Myself, I am partial to the planet made of ice. Nice work!

Would have been nice to have a BJ in Requiem.

In honor of Benny saying all those nice things, I really wanted to knock him out one more time... I think he would have liked it...

Here's the lowdown from me and my wife:
    Nice stroll - Liked the waterfall(+sound), and the bridges, especially the fallen down boards... also liked how you could go behind the waterfall. Lots of potential in this one.

Cemetary - Wow. A lot can be said for a "beauty" mission by the first thing you see. And what we saw was really beautiful... Loved the fog(should be a little slower, though, I thought it was fancy water at first...), loved the light beams, and really loved the "reflective floor" inside the crypt... very nice effect. multitudes of tombstones + much variety = good thing.

Requiem - loved the 3 eulogies, and the different stained glass windows. Also really loved the reflections, and the use of warm light coming in nearly horizontal to simulate sunset... very nice indeed. Music was very good too.

Butterfly - It took me a while to find a butterfly, but I did ride one. Loved the waterfall, and the boulders in the pool... the flowers and bushes and trees were quite nice also. Colorful and spring-y.

Lazarius - Another one of those initial impression missions - the first thing you see is a stunningly beautiful scene - the warm light of the candles(and their coronas), and the beautiful textures add up to visual goodness. I agree, the "cut and paste" hallway was a little tedious, but at the same time, I was agog at the texture/architecture combination - very beautiful work.

Surrounded - My wife took a special fancy to this mission - I think its the pond. She loved the flowers and plants and the stone path around it, everything was very well placed. I loved the attention to background details - the smoke stacks pouring out their smog, the big tanks on the buildingtops... Plus, the feeling of wondering why the chairs were all covered... Nice atmosphere.

Clocktower - Very atmospheric, the multi-level tower was so very detailed and chocked full of very well-placed and reasonable objects. (1 obvious exception) . The lightning/lighting was fantastic, the rooms were fun to explore, and the attention to detail was incredible.

A lot of really good-looking and atmospheric missions... I'd love to see these turn into real FM's one day. CONGRATS to all the authors!!

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    the skybox in requiem is awesome, great stuff, and i really like the floor in the crypt in the cemetary, on further review i really like surrounded by the metal age, its very stock in design, and really makes the most out of the stock thief materials. fits nicely in the thief world.

I always write/comment to much, so in short:

"A nice stroll" was fun, and as the author wrote; better have an entry than not.

"Hazelshade Cemetery" I think was most surprising and goodlooking.

"Requiem for a Thief" was very nice, well done.

"Ride the Butterfly" scenery was a forest scenery in daylight which is two very difficult (allmost impossible) settings to make goodlooking, alltogether an extremly brave attempt. Also enjoyed the AI's very much.

"St.Lazarius" best part was all the nice pictures on the walls, great lighting and atmosphere. I think art teachers should consider this way to teach art history.

"Surounded by the Metal Age" had a nice symbolic meaning and was cool even though I hate the bigbl.pcx (one of the core textures for thief).

"The ClockTower" was allmost as goodlooking and impressive as The Cemetery, more build work done with it for sure (big pluss) but something made my final vote for Hazelshade.

Greetings
    M G

Man, when the authors can finally come forward, I'd like to know who the girl in the picture in clocktower is. She looks frighteningly familiar to me.

Those are some awesome maps. Who needs Thief DS?

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    It was a hard choice between "The ClockTower" and "Hazelshade Cemetery" , at last I voted for "The ClockTower".

Quote Originally Posted by jolynsbass
    Here's the lowdown from me and my wife:....

A lot of really good-looking and atmospheric missions... I'd love to see these turn into real FM's one day. CONGRATS to all the authors!!
    ..ok, what they said exactly, with a few suggestions/additional comments:

Clock: if a RL pic must be added (and i think its great), get one of her not smiling, without glasses, looking away from camera, to go with the atmosphere. If possible, sepia the color. To (slightly) quote a movie line, "You had me at hello the lightening and thunder and rain" ---> to me, the perfect way to begin a stunningly awesome mission. It was forboding and yes, i too, expected to find some (custom) horror awaiting me on the top level

Lazurius: very very nice, i even liked the cut and paste hallways, but the pin-up chick was distracting and odd (i am a female taffer, so find the double-D babes in missions to detract from the atmosphere sometimes ). The music cut out on my PC, but i would have liked to have heard it continue the whole time i was there = very atmospheric. I loved the way this one looked.

Requium: i freakin loved this, with the different windows for each level and the voice acting and script was perfect and very professionally done! I loved the view out the window and the dust particles. Just gorgeous!! I felt like i was there (though I would have liked to have been able to steal a valuable momento off Garret's body during the viewing [his eye, perhaps?])

Surround and Stoll both very nicely done: Surround used sound they way it should be to create excellent atmosphere, and Stroll was really different in a good way - those orange circles should one day open to different areas of a FM. I don't think i got Butterfly to work properly, but kudos to the author for attempting a daylight mission - and i loved the hopping creatures.

Graveyard: I was torn between wanting to flee this place in fear and the love of never wanting to leave this (excuse the cliche') "hauntingly" beautiful place. Said before, but fog should have been slowed down, and it would have been awesome to just,ever so slightly detect, 'something' floating on the other side of the yard...in amongst the fog. i Loved it!

All in all, these were an absolute pleasure to explore. Each unique and very well done. It will be very hard to chose a favorite.

It would be nice if there was a page of screenshots. I can't download any of them right now, but I would still like to see them. *hint hint*

Screens. May be slow download or busy. For a full preview touch a glyph on theright top of a page.

Hazelshade Cemetery, bc

Else: Lady Jo site Hazelshade Cemetery

Clocktower, the, bc

Else: Lady Jo site Clocktower, the

Nice Stroll, a, bc

Else: Lady Jo site Nice Stroll, a

Requiem for a Thief, bc

Else: Lady Jo site Requiem for a Thief

Ride the Butterfly, bc

Else: Lady Jo site Ride the Butterfly

St. Lazarius, bc

Else: Lady Jo site St. Lazarius

Surrounded by the Metal Age, bc

Else: Lady Jo site Surrounded by the Metal Age
    Last edited by Logan; 19th Apr 2005 at 05:55.

Wow. I am very, very impressed.

Southquarter.com/fms
    Quote Originally Posted by Logan
    Just FYI, this incorrectly links to pics from Ride The Butterfly, NOT A Nice Stroll.

Each of the entries has it's own good and not so good points and because I don't have a whole bunch of time I will just state that the one that I would play first if it were an actual FM would be ...............

Clock Tower based on weather, lighting and just a good feel
    to sneak around in Nuff said

I really like the "Surrounded...". The author made a beautiful and atmospheric piece of FanMission using only the original T2 resources (I think).
    The feeling of being in such a nice place between big and scary factories is great

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Renault
    Just FYI, this incorrectly links to pics from Ride The Butterfly, NOT A Nice Stroll.
    Not.. possibly you're wrong. Nice Stroll it's a quake style map.
    Butterfly it's an acid colors mission.

Somebody have the same troble?
    Last edited by Logan; 19th Apr 2005 at 12:14.

ZylonBane
    It came down to the Clocktower vs the Cemetery for me. In the end I voted for the Cemetery because it was more technically impressive. The reflective floor in the crypt was a great effect-- so subtle that I didn't even notice it until the second runthrough. As for the ground fog effect-- I honestly thought it was supposed to be water at first, but really damn-impressive looking water. I spent a few seconds wondering how the hell someone got Unreal-quality water into the Dark engine! As far as I'm concerned, this technique (layered alpha-targa-textured conveyors, I gather?) should be the standard for water surfaces from now on. I've always disliked Thief's water texturing... seems way too "twitchy".

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast