TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KotP Finale (Episodes 5-9) Released 1st May 2005

KotP Finale (Episodes 5-9) Released 1st May 2005

Please read the text file displayed by Darkloader. It may save you some head scratching and give you an edge. I won’t tell you how to play, but I have given you what you need to know to enjoy the missions and avoid some endless saving and reloading.

In a nutshell – if you are mostly interested in the story, then play on Normal, and if you are mostly interested in a gut-wrenching playing experience, then dial it up for Expert. Even I still get palpitations playing Episode 6 on Expert – so you have been forewarned!

This FM would not have been playable without the contributions of ideas, design elements, and insightful critiques from my dedicated volunteers. It has been a team effort (really) and I invite you to read the list of contributors in the Darkloader text. Give credit to the -team- for all that is good, and blame -me- for anything out of order. This is still a work-in-process and later in the summer the ‘final version’ will be released as part of a single-zip-file campaign.

For now, please us the link provided by epithumia a few posts down in this thread.

Non-English Thief 2 Editions (KotP5-9_v1b.zip)

I messed up a folder for the non-english editions... here's what to do...

Have a look at your thief 2 folder after installing the fan mission. Take all the files in the 'strings/english' folder and move them up one level to 'strings'

Du musst die *.str-Dateien aus dem Thief2/Strings/English -Verzeichniss einfach ins String-Verzeichnis verschieben. Verschiebe auch gleich die Dateien in Books/English und Books/German ins Books-Dir. Dann funzt´s. Grüsse

Mission Patches

To run the latest version of Episodes 6 and 8, download the following mission patches...

Reversing the Order

http://edanet.com/thief2/Episode6_v1c_Patch.zip
    5.31 MB (5,570,632 bytes)
    The patch for Ep6 (Reversing the Order) adds stability for AI entering the mission and polishes some playing features that weren't working quite right. If you do not hear clock chimes from the big clock tower, make sure you have patched the -game- to version 1.18 (see below), and if -that- does not work -- try this alternate patch...
    http://edanet.com/thief2/Episode6_v1d_Patch.zip
    5.33 MB (5,595,327 bytes)

The Inheritance

http://edanet.com/thief2/Episode8_v1c_Patch.zip
    4.68 MB (4,911,973 bytes)
    The Patch for Ep8 (The Inheritance) allows the mission to finish okay on Expert without triggering a no-kill goal just before the end-scene by mistake. If you play on Normal or Hard, you can ignore this patch.

Patch zip files include instruction text -- this is very easy to do!

Thief Version 1.18

The Thief 2 Version 1.18 patch is required. If you are running the original unpatched installation of Thief 2, I cannot promise that this FM can be won. Please check your Thief 2 version...

Right-click on thief2.exe
    Click 'properties'
    Select the version tab
    Click on Product Version

This should display a value of 1.18
    (if not - go here)

Going Forward...

At some point I will release a new version of the Finale that includes the final updates once I hear enough feedback from players to know that things are running okay on all versions of Thief 2 on all machines worldwide!. This may happen when the whole campaign is released or maybe a little sooner.
    Last edited by nickie; 7th Jan 2013 at 05:48. Reason: Added date

I have the first reply?!! Yay!! Okay! *Ahem* We are witness to a great moment in history!!!

Congratulations, Frobber, you amazing taffer, you!

Yipee!!! ... to say the least.

I can guess that this won't be going in the *best dial-up* missions thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit: nice ... I was able to d/l it off frobber's site just in the nick of time before he took it down.

Edit II: ok, so now the link is back up ... so that's not so impressive, but um, well anyway, what do I care? ... time to have some fun!
    Last edited by demagogue; 1st May 2005 at 16:55. Reason: useless banter

Excellent news - although I have to admit you've created these missions in less time than it's taken me to complete both The Enterprise and the last KOTP mission that was released. I really ought to force myself through the whole series.

Thank you Frobber this is fantastic!! Although I still haven't finished Oracle of the Prophets but now I just have to.

Thiefmissions.com

It's big, so I have a torrent up at http://thiefmissions.com/torrents/Ko...1b.zip.torrent

So, it's not gonna be put up on the site for d/l then, until a few days later?

Quote Originally Posted by shadows
    So, it's not gonna be put up on the site for d/l then, until a few days later?
    Use the link in the initial post (I just restored it as a backup plan). I'll keep that link there until the download bandwidth starts to pile up.

If you understand and use bit torrent, then -please- use the link from epithumia -- Thanks.
    Last edited by frobber; 1st May 2005 at 16:41.

I just want to say that it's been a long time coming, but those of you who play this final installment will not be disappointed.

Frobber is an amazing and inspired author -- I still remember getting his initial script two (no -- was it three?) years ago. I was so impressed with how he thought through so many details in that early stage. It was truly a pleasure to see his vision unfold.

It's an amazing story, which always works for me, but it's also a challenging and complicated mission, which will work for those of who with less of an eye towards plot.

Thank you, Frobber, for letting me be a part of it. And the rest of you? GO PLAY IT!!!

Lizanneh

Finaly my NEED is satisfied!!
    Now i have to run to a friends house wich has a high speed conection because my dial up speed is awful.

thank you frober

People, who play with non-english versions of thief will have to move the *.str-files from thief2dir/strings/english one level up into the thief2dir/strings.
    Maybe this is only a problem here, but just in case...

edit: the same with the files in thief2dir/books/english, move them into thief2dir/books otherwise scrolls and books are empty.
    Last edited by UliB; 1st May 2005 at 17:58.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB
    People, who play with non-english versions of thief will have to move the *.str-files from thief2dir/strings/english one level up into the thief2dir/strings.
    There is -some- german text support in the first mission -- and it looks like german editions are seeing this fiolder as the default.

The advice in the previous thread is correct -- sorry about that (bug list has been started)

Downloaded via BitTorrent ... and happily seeding as I type .

Thank you, Frobber

Quote Originally Posted by Moghedian
    Downloaded via BitTorrent ... and happily seeding as I type .

Thank you, Frobber
    same here. Thanks.

BTW, Frobber are you still planning to release the whol KotP series in one package?

Quote Originally Posted by casalor
    BTW, Frobber are you still planning to release the whol KotP series in one package?
    Once the dust settles, yes indeed. I have a short list of bug fixes on earlier missions to add to anything we find in this finale -- then I'll release a single zip -- probably in the 220-250Mb range.

I'm debating on whether or not to keep the separate missions -- since it's a lot less overall to download a campaign than the separate FMs -- but the campaign would be a big download for those who already have the previous missions -- comments?

... or even a Kotp1-4 and a KotP5-9 pair of downloads? Handy, as missions 5-9 are now, thankfully, already packaged.

...downloading...downloading...downloading...

uuuuh... only 11 % ... Builder, burn down my impatience...

Can't await to play... Thank you very much, frobber...

Hello Frobber, congratulations, I can't believe it....finally ....wow ...I am sooooo Happy....... waiting for so long!!!
    ThiefMaiden

Nice one .

Download on Thief-Universe.com coming soon .

Thanks for the alternate download link, its only a 5 min. download for me.

Can't wait to see this concluded installment in all its Glory!

Congratulations on its release!

Its like the anticipation of another cinematic adventure, with the opportunity to find the mystery of an ongoing story and make this day a new PAY DAY!

I guess I better check my treasure map! Where's my scroll?
    Or, do I just beat it out of them!!!
    heh.. heh..

Dealasteal

Quote Originally Posted by Murmel
    Nice one .

Download on Thief-Universe.com coming soon .
    Please include comments posted above by UliB for German players. Thanks

having beta tested this you are in for a treat enjoy
    i know i did

I want to ask about contens of download archive
    Is it really needed:
    snd\franny\Franny.zip 3.7MB
    motions\*.mi 32.7KB
    Mesh\txt16\exphnov2a.psd 182KB
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by dealasteal
    Thanks for the alternate download link, its only a 5 min. download for me.
    It's a 12 hour d/l for some of us.

"Ooooh, this is gonna be good" - Benny

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast